Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-23-2012, 12:24 PM   #1
luvof3boyz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Black Friday Woes?!

Anyone else telling themselves they have a large enough stash and that they should save their money for Christmas gifts? I am so tempted and wish I could place an order but I will remain strong.

Advertisement

luvof3boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:33 PM   #2
tasundance
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Black Friday Woes?!

Nope! $ for xmas and $ for diapers do not go hand in hand at my house.

I say shop away.
Tricia~31 Married for 13 years to Chad~36. Semi Crunchy mama to Aurora~12, Ethan~10, Jacob~8, Annika~5, Makenna~4, Niko James~3, Cyrus~1 and blessing #8 due 10/10/15
tasundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:40 PM   #3
ajbailey89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasundance View Post
Nope! $ for xmas and $ for diapers do not go hand in hand at my house.

I say shop away.
That's what I think too. DH disagrees.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:42 PM   #4
betsybikes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I feel you!! I've put 4 elementals in my cart about four times but can't hit the checkout button!!! A great deal, but I don't really NEED them.

My mixed lot listed here:
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...1#post17149541
betsybikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:54 PM   #5
FriedaT
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yep. I don't want to wipe out my PP! My GMD cart kept dwindling down as I talked myself out of things or into lesser quantities. Now I've finally decided to not order since I won't be saving hardly anything anyway.
Old 11-23-2012, 02:53 PM   #6
MrsFelton2009
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedaT
Yep. I don't want to wipe out my PP! My GMD cart kept dwindling down as I talked myself out of things or into lesser quantities. Now I've finally decided to not order since I won't be saving hardly anything anyway.
I agree GMD sales weren't worth it. I can wait
MrsFelton2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:59 PM   #7
lady longs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Save your money!!! Use it to buy what your family will enjoy.....

Anytime I am tempted, I just think what I could use that money for that would bless the whole family and it snaps me right out.

Now, if you genuinely need something....that's different.

Take that time and sit on the floor and wrestle with your kids. It will help keep your mind off it!

I know that I am personally looking forward to Tuesday! I am almost done with my shopping, but would LOVE to stop thinking about it and checking sales.

I set a 20% standard for myself - so I wouldn't get into buying things with just a small discount. (unless I NEEDED it). And, I made a list and stuck to it...only buying what was on my list (1 $2.50 item did sneak its way into my cart). I had my list in 2 tiers - stuff I needed now and then stuff I wouldn't need for like 6 months. The stuff I needed now I gave myself permission to buy with lower sales. The stuff I wouldn't need for 6 months had to have a steeper discount (I didn't waver on it being stronger than 20% off) This kept me from adding "this and that" to my cart in order to qualify for free shipping or freebies or drawings. This list probably saved me TONS of money b/c I almost added stuff multiple times to qualify for things. The freebies and drawings are SO much fun, but they can make us do things our checking accounts will later regret...
lady longs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 03:45 PM   #8
luvof3boyz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady longs View Post

Anytime I am tempted, I just think what I could use that money for that would bless the whole family and it snaps me right out.

Take that time and sit on the floor and wrestle with your kids. It will help keep your mind off it!

I know that I am personally looking forward to Tuesday! I am almost done with my shopping, but would LOVE to stop thinking about it and checking sales.

I set a 20% standard for myself - so I wouldn't get into buying things with just a small discount. (unless I NEEDED it). And, I made a list and stuck to it...only buying what was on my list (1 $2.50 item did sneak its way into my cart). I had my list in 2 tiers - stuff I needed now and then stuff I wouldn't need for like 6 months. The stuff I needed now I gave myself permission to buy with lower sales. The stuff I wouldn't need for 6 months had to have a steeper discount (I didn't waver on it being stronger than 20% off) This kept me from adding "this and that" to my cart in order to qualify for free shipping or freebies or drawings. This list probably saved me TONS of money b/c I almost added stuff multiple times to qualify for things. The freebies and drawings are SO much fun, but they can make us do things our checking accounts will later regret...
You are awesome
luvof3boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:17 PM   #9
babymakes3.4.5....
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady longs View Post

That's about exactly what I did! I didn't have the % figured in, that might have been a good idea, but I made a list of my priorities and knew I wouldn't buy if I couldn't find EXACTLY what I wanted all in one place b/c I wasn't going to mess with different websites and different deals. I probably didn't really NEED anything but my stash is going to be much more comfortable (and I only bought 2 covers and 1 AIO!) plus I will have enough diaper cream to last me for a good long time, even with LO due in a few days! So I'm content and still spent under $40, which was $10 under my budget for today!
babymakes3.4.5.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:25 PM   #10
Hi-Dog
Registered Users
seller
seller

We don't celebrate christmas, so it was a non-issue for us. It was DH's idea to go to our locally owned baby store and stock up on some GroVia soakers and a few other odds and ends. ANYTIME DH wants to shop--especially for diapers, I do not question it!