Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-30-2012, 11:50 PM   #21
CAaddict
Registered Users
seller

I ordered BG products from an online retailer and was still waiting for the new colors over a month later. I remember a lot of consumers being quite unhappy! I ended up canceling my order.

Advertisement

CAaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:43 AM   #22
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Black friday!!

We haven't heard from most manufacturers yet about what % off we can do, but what would you all like to see? I'm coming up with a list of black friday special ideas (that are within the limits of our retailers agreements), but would love to hear what you all would like to see (well, besides my whole purchase is free...lol... ).
Old 10-31-2012, 07:07 AM   #23
MN Mama to 3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuki24
We haven't heard from most manufacturers yet about what % off we can do, but what would you all like to see? I'm coming up with a list of black friday special ideas (that are within the limits of our retailers agreements), but would love to hear what you all would like to see (well, besides my whole purchase is free...lol... ).
Personally, I like stackable deals; getting a sale price on something and a bonus like free shipping or something else free. I also like sales that are straightforward and easy to understand. Kind of like the special section on your site. :-)
MN Mama to 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:23 AM   #24
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN Mama to 3 View Post
Personally, I like stackable deals; getting a sale price on something and a bonus like free shipping or something else free. I also like sales that are straightforward and easy to understand. Kind of like the special section on your site. :-)
Ahh.. thank you
Old 10-31-2012, 08:03 AM   #25
southernbelle04
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes...easy to understand. In the past, I've had to read some of the deals 2 or 3 times to get it straight in my head. I'm sure Mommy Brain isn't a factor at all!
Old 10-31-2012, 08:20 AM   #26
meljc
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuki24 View Post
Specials on Grovia's Kiwi Pie line? (wishful thinking, I know, I've just been dying to try one and the new elephant prints are adorable!)
meljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:27 AM   #27
FriedaT
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAaddict
I ordered BG products from an online retailer and was still waiting for the new colors over a month later. I remember a lot of consumers being quite unhappy! I ended up canceling my order.
I ordered my BG products on Black Friday and didn't get them until February.

ETA: They were meant as a Christmas gift since we were supposed to get them in the middle of December

Last edited by FriedaT; 10-31-2012 at 08:35 AM.
FriedaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:39 AM   #28
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedaT View Post
I ordered my BG products on Black Friday and didn't get them until February.

ETA: They were meant as a Christmas gift since we were supposed to get them in the middle of December
That is just NOT okay!
Old 10-31-2012, 09:19 AM   #29
lady longs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would love to see something that approaches 20% off (with discount/ freeebies/ shipping all accounted for). As a consumer, anything less than a 20% discount doesn't really make me move any differently than I was already planning to. As a business owner, I have also seen this to be true from people who shop from me.

So, any combination of fun things that brings it close to 20% less than retail is great - buy 5 get 1 free, 10% off plus freebies (I think its GREAT when you offer people a choice on their freebies - 2-3 choices so they can get something they really like!). I don't really like it when freebies are a surprise. That wouldn't move me to purchase more.

I personally don't like sales that give me a discount off future purchases b/c I usually do most of my shopping all at once (I am not a cd addict though making multiple purchases - much more of a minimalist - so you may not wanna take my opinion on that). Plus, I always forget to use my future discounts - so when I see those types of specials, I don't use them. That being said, I do think that a lot of other mamas like that. I think I may be in the minority here.

I don't NEED free shipping, but I do really enjoy it - but any shipping that falls under $5 works for me. Like a flat rate shipping - all orders ship for $3.95 or something like that. If shipping goes over $5, I typically won't buy it (unless I am placing a really large order)

Personally, i don't do anything with "points", but I know a lot of people really like that.

I like discounts on multiple quantities too.

I am shopping for fuzzibunz one size elite, wet bags (name brand), swim diapers (I am sure those WONT be on sale ha ha ha), wipes warmer replacement pads, and little soap cubes for wipes.

Hope that helps! Thanks for asking for feedback on your sales!

Last edited by lady longs; 10-31-2012 at 09:20 AM.
lady longs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:16 PM   #30
linzerin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady longs View Post
I would love to see something that approaches 20% off (with discount/ freeebies/ shipping all accounted for). As a consumer, anything less than a 20% discount doesn't really make me move any differently than I was already planning to. As a business owner, I have also seen this to be true from people who shop from me.

So, any combination of fun things that brings it close to 20% less than retail is great - buy 5 get 1 free, 10% off plus freebies (I think its GREAT when you offer people a choice on their freebies - 2-3 choices so they can get something they really like!). I don't really like it when freebies are a surprise. That wouldn't move me to purchase more.

I personally don't like sales that give me a discount off future purchases b/c I usually do most of my shopping all at once (I am not a cd addict though making multiple purchases - much more of a minimalist - so you may not wanna take my opinion on that). Plus, I always forget to use my future discounts - so when I see those types of specials, I don't use them. That being said, I do think that a lot of other mamas like that. I think I may be in the minority here.

I don't NEED free shipping, but I do really enjoy it - but any shipping that falls under $5 works for me. Like a flat rate shipping - all orders ship for $3.95 or something like that. If shipping goes over $5, I typically won't buy it (unless I am placing a really large order)
I agree with everything she said, especially the flat rate shipping.
linzerin is offline   Reply With Quote