Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-02-2012, 11:22 PM   #71
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Black friday!!

I won't be moved to buy unless I get at least 20% off AND free shipping. Don't care about freebies so much unless I get to pick, as others have said.

I'll be shopping for:
prefolds
wetbag
and I'll be blowing my paypal on whatever else I can get for a steal .

Advertisement

momomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:27 PM   #72
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh, and- hint hint- Sweet Pickles... I'm hoping to find toddler osocozy pfs for $26/ dozen. I can dream, right?
momomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:38 AM   #73
dncnshu00
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuki24

This is my last post in this thread and them I'm staying out (I don't want to seem annoying to anyone...lol). But, thanks everyone for your ideas!!

As far as Kawaii goes... I think yes, some stores may carry them because they can use them as freebies, but not necessarily, I really am not sure. We carry them because we wanted one inexpensive and effective diaper and we weren't going the Alva or re-label Alva route. Our answer was Kawaii. They actually have sold for us really well. They aren't even our the list of giveaway diapers because because I would think customers would be disappointed, and that's just no fun.
I don't think you're being annoying at all! I'm excited to see that you, as a retailer, are asking questions and taking notes about what the consumer would prefer. As a direct result, I will definitely be visiting your store on black friday.

Will the deals be starting at midnight....or a different time?
dncnshu00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:33 AM   #74
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dncnshu00 View Post
I don't think you're being annoying at all! I'm excited to see that you, as a retailer, are asking questions and taking notes about what the consumer would prefer. As a direct result, I will definitely be visiting your store on black friday.

Will the deals be starting at midnight....or a different time?
I don't know what most people do. I think there is a way to make coupon codes active at a certain time...

Black friday is going to be fun!!!!
Old 11-03-2012, 12:04 PM   #75
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:
I am probably going come off somewhat negative with this comment but I feel it is important to share. The markup on diapers is not big at all, a 20% discount when considering the cost to have products shipped to the retailer, credit card/paypal fees and all the other costs for running a business puts that sale in the red (meaning the retailer is giving away and then some) which is obviously not sustainable and why we see so many stores that constantly offer sales go out of business super fast. They get burnt out from the massive amount of.orders only to find that they now owe more and didn't make a cent. If the manufacturer can afford a discount (again the margin they also have is thin usually due to the larger cost of manufacturing in the US but still trying to offer their products at a competitive price), then I as a retailer can offer a bigger discount but that is the only time (unless I am clearing out a line) that I can afford to do that. I love sales too but keep in mind that the cost isn't like other baby items where the mark up is at least 100% because it isn't.
m&m&m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:07 PM   #76
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by m&m&m
I am probably going come off somewhat negative with this comment but I feel it is important to share. The markup on diapers is not big at all, a 20% discount when considering the cost to have products shipped to the retailer, credit card/paypal fees and all the other costs for running a business puts that sale in the red (meaning the retailer is giving away and then some) which is obviously not sustainable and why we see so many stores that constantly offer sales go out of business super fast. They get burnt out from the massive amount of.orders only to find that they now owe more and didn't make a cent. If the manufacturer can afford a discount (again the margin they also have is thin usually due to the larger cost of manufacturing in the US but still trying to offer their products at a competitive price), then I as a retailer can offer a bigger discount but that is the only time (unless I am clearing out a line) that I can afford to do that. I love sales too but keep in mind that the cost isn't like other baby items where the mark up is at least 100% because it isn't.
I agree. Hence my comment regarding what you guys can do. I know people run sales which result in them losing money but they shouldn't.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:10 PM   #77
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn97

I agree. Hence my comment regarding what you guys can do. I know people run sales which result in them losing money but they shouldn't.

Thank you for understanding. We of course will be running a sale and will try to be somewhat competitive in our pricing, but we also want to exist for the next BF sale.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:27 PM   #78
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by m&m&m

Thank you for understanding. We of course will be running a sale and will try to be somewhat competitive in our pricing, but we also want to exist for the next BF sale.
Wha??! You run a business to make money?? Crazy talk! ;-) My DH and I run a retail (non-CD/non-children's products) business. It is amazing how many people are willing to sell products at or under cost. It is bad for the market overall as it sets unrealistic expectations for customers.

lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:58 PM   #79
dannic
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by m&m&m View Post
I agree...i loved a certain store 2 yrs ago that went under...and she had awesome freebies. but its not around anymore and it made me super sad. since then i have yet to see 20%off in the cd stores. some of the expectations in this thread seem a bit dreamy to me...but i could be wrong. lol.

Last edited by dannic; 11-03-2012 at 01:00 PM. Reason: good grief, typos!
dannic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:36 PM   #80
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannic
I agree...i loved a certain store 2 yrs ago that went under...and she had awesome freebies. but its not around anymore and it made me super sad. since then i have yet to see 20%off in the cd stores. some of the expectations in this thread seem a bit dreamy to me...but i could be wrong. lol.
And there is nothing wrong with dreaming

With several brands, I do feel that they really are worth the full price especially with all you save over disposables. Your money goes to support the retailer, manufacturer, and the seamstress who made that item -and that is a good thing for our economy.

Last edited by m&m&m; 11-03-2012 at 01:40 PM.