Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-30-2012, 01:01 PM   #21
Lisa_m
Registered Users
seller

Re: I'm pregnant! (not going to stick)

Update: Dr. did an ultrasound, but since my HCG isn't above 1500, there wasn't anything to see. Structurally, everything looks normal. He told me that the progesterone number really isn't important, but the lack of rise in HCG is. He said that the pregnancy tissue is responsible for the increase of the hormone, but since it is not increasing as it should, it is unlikely to be a successful pregnancy. He told me the progesterone would not hurt, but wouldn't help either. He said there is a remote chance that this pregnancy would be fine, but it is highly unlikely. So based on that, I felt like I the prog is not necessary. Tomorrow I go for blood work and he is running an thyroid test too, so we'll see what that looks like. He did say that often numbers will rise for a bit before they fall.

Thyroid disorders run in my family. Every female in my immediate family (grandmas, mom, 2 sisters) have it. My 2 sisters also have PCOS. If this pregnancy ends, he hopes to be able to do a D & C so they can examine the tissue and then 6 weeks after run a bunch of tests to figure why this is happening.

My doctor is really wonderful and I trust him wholeheartedly from past experiences. For now, I am going to keep taking my prenatal vitamins, praying and going for blood work every 3 days.

Advertisement

Old 10-31-2012, 02:03 PM   #22
Lisa_m
Registered Users
seller

numbers today are lower than Sunday HCG 435, Prog 4.4, thyroid normal. I'm starting to have slight cramping. I think I will MC soon. thank you all for your well wishes and advice. I do appreciate it.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:14 PM   #23
tinytushi
Registered Users
seller

I have recently lost 3 to mc. I was afraid this one was the same, but I started natural progesterone cream after ovulation and at BFP started vaginal progesterone. I today am 7 wk 2 days and got to see the HB. Something I thought would never happen. According to my Dr. Progesterone helps the pg stabilize so it does in effect help the hcg to rise. Without stabilization it is impossible for the little one to get strong. Of course that is ONLY if you have low progesterone. Have you talked with him about doing a progesterone check 7 days after ovulation to see if you are generally low? I was extremely low and using supplementation seems to have worked miracles. Hope you can get some answers and I am so sorry for your loss. I know how deeply it affects you emotionally and just wanted to send hugs your way.
tinytushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:52 AM   #24
cocobear
Registered Users

I'm so sorry :-( Our 1st was a 2nd trimester miscarriage and we knew we were going to lose her (was diagnosed with triploidy at 16 weeks).
cocobear is offline   Reply With Quote