Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-29-2012, 03:00 PM   #1
Registered Users
Carrier cover for winter:

I got two different carrier covers to try out: the Peekaru vest and the Kowalli cover. I'm leaning toward the Kowalli but want to make sure I'm not missing something. I have a Boba carrier, and I need something that I can put on really quickly at daycare when I'm picking DS up and daycare lady is hustling me out the door. I will likely be putting DS in carrier on over whatever coat I'm wearing, so the cover needs to fit over me, a winter coat, baby & carrier.

Here's what I thought:

Pros = low profile, my husband might actually use it, covers baby really well.
Cons = difficult to put on (zipper on the side is tough and I don't like pulling the little hole over baby's head), not sure I can get it on over something like a winter coat.

Pros = so easy to put on, will fit over anything, can be put on without disturbing DS if he's sleeping.
Cons = husband will never use it, seems rather billowy, is VERY staticy (will that change?), not sure that it will keep wind off baby or completely cover him.

Thoughts? I want to return one of them.

Beth, wife to E (1/2010), momma to L (5/2012) and S (7/2014)! ~ amazed every day!
BCsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:32 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Carrier cover for winter:

have you thought about getting a warmer babywearing coat? not to completely go off on a tangent (sorry) but it seems like that would be a lot easier than having you in a coat, baby in a coat, a carrier over that, and then ANOTHER cover over that. i also live in chicago and i have a kindercoat. it's awesome, and warm enough even for our cold winters. with stuff like that, i just have baby dressed warmly, but normal, have my carrier on under the coat, put her in, zip up and go. i got a really good deal on one at fsot.
Liadan23 is offline   Reply With Quote