Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-26-2012, 05:11 PM   #1
Registered Users
Country Save + Tide?

We have been using Country Save on all our laundry for about a year, on dipes for 5 months. Our clothes just don't feel or smell clean, and I think I need to suck it up and use some mainstream detergent( we have used a various other natural detergents for years, and honestly our clothes are worse for it I think. Our older stuff just smells kind of greasy) I will probably do the same thing for our diapers too. We haven't had issues with the dipes yet, but we EC so there isn't much poop in the mix, and DD has been EBF until just last week.

Anyway, I plan on mixing Tide with the Country Save we have left from the case I ordered from amazon. Thoughts on whether I should go with ultra tide original powder or if I can get away with using the free and gentle? I don't love scented laundry, but I want to get what will work best for the diapers, and I don't want to have to do a bunch of extra rinsing.
We have hard, CA water.

missmagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:12 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Country Save was terrible for us too. I still have part of a box to use up. Tide F&G was awful for our diapers. I would say it was a toss-up between it and All F & C for worst detergent and insta-stink. Regular Ultra Tide worked okay though. I think some people have success with the F&G but many more like the regular Ultra Tide.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:36 PM   #3
Registered Users
Re: Country Save + Tide?

Yeah that's what I am thinking, I am too nervous to do the F&G. I think we must need the enzymes with our hard water. We do a gray water system with our washer though so I am a little concerned about switching to Tide, but the surfactants are biodegradeable.
missmagoo is offline   Reply With Quote