Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-26-2012, 05:51 PM   #1
waldorf and ragamuffins
Registered Users

Question Who here has a Craft Business?

If so what is it? Does it make you a decent income? How and what are your schedules like? I'm working out the tweaks in my business and would love to connect with others in similar boats!

Advertisement

waldorf and ragamuffins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:11 AM   #2
WeeEssentials
Registered Users
Formerly: cmarie14
seller

My Mood:
Re: Who here has a Craft Business?

I don't know if I consider my business a "craft" business anymore - more like a small-scale manufacturing, lol. I make, gross income, about half what my husband makes - and after business expenses and taxes definitely not enough to support myself and my family without hubby's income!

I've got three kids right now, and one on the way - the oldest is in 1st grade and the second attends the Head Start pre-k, so I put my 2 year old in a weekday education program at a local church a few days a week. She goes there Tuesday-Thursday and I work while all three are gone. Mondays and Fridays my assistant comes and my 2 year old and her three year old play together in the next room while we work in the mornings (or try to, lol) Fridays my husband is off as well (he works 4 10 hour days) so he helps with the kids in the morning and then watches our own in the afternoon so I can finish up. I spend evenings and weekends with my family, so it works pretty well. I can always take a weekend day to catch up when I need to.

We actually just moved my studio into the den, so that makes it a lot more convenient for me to keep an eye on the kids, should they be in the living room playing and I need to do something quick for work.

Make it reusable! Wipe Solution, Wipes, Mama Cloth, Wet Bags, Unpaper towels, Food Baggies, & more!
WeeEssentials on Etsy
Gabe 3-06, Ezra 9-08, & Madeline 5-10 and Abigail 12/12!
WeeEssentials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:28 AM   #3
kandacewright
Registered Users
seller

I've had some kind of online business for years. It was originally graphic design and web design, then morphed to 3d art and book covers and then jewelry and now Waldorf Dolls.

I homeschool so I have to schedule my time around my kids needs. I am often toting around my projects and working on them while at a homeschool thing. It works for me. But my goals are not so lofty either.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:31 PM   #4
angiepangie8298
Registered Users
seller

I had an etsy shop and really was more of a hobby so I spent more money on supplies than what I made. I just opened a new shop that I plan to take more seriously.

So far I have been awful at time management so I'm working out the kinks with that.

With my last shop if I had put the effort in I'm sure I could have done really well.

My shop is "The Mint Peony" on etsy
angiepangie8298 is offline   Reply With Quote