Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-31-2012, 09:08 AM   #11
Registered Users
Thanks y'all ! Her main concern was waiting until she was out of the first trimester before telling
People about her pregnancy . She has only
Told a few close friends besides some familyn

married to DH since 2011�� Mom to L ��8.4.07 & J ��
kharvey92611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:40 AM   #12
Registered Users
Re: When interviwing for a job...

She should not disclose it while interview but I think she should inform them as soon as possible to show your honesty & loyalty.
crowealethea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:01 AM   #13
Registered Users

Hi there! I am a career counselor and in my opinion that fact is personal information that does not need to be disclosed during the interview unless it would prevent her from carrying out the job duties. Of course, pregnancies can have unforeseen complications that could later effect her ability to carry out the tasks (maternity leave aside) but as long as she is able at the time it is fair and honest. The same is true for other medical conditions, complicated family, childcare, transportation issues. As long as you have the right to work in the US, can carry out the job duties and meet their requirements and background/criminal check, that is all that is relevant in the interview. Hope that helps!
Laura-WAHM to A & I , Wife to A
Master's Level Counselor: Career/Education/Life
Sliding Scale/Trades Welcome
TangerineTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:42 PM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:

I would not tell that early on.

I was hired for a new position at my current employer while I was pregnant. I have been at the company for twelve years. The two women I interviewed with noticed I was pregnant but the two men didn't. I told one of the women since I knew her and agreed it would not make a difference in their decision but it was best not to bring it up. I was 6.5 months pregnant at the time. I ended up delivering at 31 weeks and they called me while I was on maternity leave to offer me the position.
PBPMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:39 PM   #15
Registered Users
My Mood:
Originally Posted by Kimmyann
No you don't. Some people will tell you its in bad taste not to tell but alot of employers are not going to hire someone that is pregnant.
That is not always true. My work had hired four pregnant women, pongee with twins! All told them though there was no question when they started.

Op at 6 weeks I wouldn't tell. At 10 ish with a heart beat I would. Then again some don't know by 6 weeks, plus with all my loses.

Alisha I know how to spell my Samsung Galaxy S2 does not.
Proud Single Mommy of: 1 & 9 angels in heaven. Swags
I will not change my belief's, actions, parenting style, etc just because it offends you! I won't be offended by your belief's, actions, parenting style, etc either. ISO Goodnites Coupons
mommy2kaitlyn is offline   Reply With Quote