Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-27-2012, 10:18 AM   #11
palsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Super soaker question

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn97 View Post
I have to wonder if they aren't just worn out. It's my understanding that they lose absorbency over time. Regardless, I'm not a mf fan so I wouldn't buy more mf personally. But PFs or flats might work just as well for much less money than the hemp. I often wonder if anyone can use the nb inserts...we never could.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Oh okay. Interesting. I have like 15 new BG OS diapers I haven't prepped yet. I wonder if the new ones will work better I guess I will just see and then Go from there. Thanks so much!

Advertisement

Old 10-27-2012, 10:53 AM   #12
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Might as well try the new ones and see if they hold her.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:39 AM   #13
Bob and Tina
Registered Users

Our son was the same. We love hemp babies because they are thin and soak up a lot. We also add in a thirstiest hemp prefold to our pockets with a MF insert when we need mega coverage.
Bob and Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:05 PM   #14
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've heard the thirties hemp prefolds are super absorbent.

I don't believe the MF looses its absorbency unless it has build up (but I could be mistaken). Try testing the OS MF insert but putting about 10oz of water in a pitcher and pouring over the insert in a bowl. Let it drip back in the bowl (I'm impatient and will do some light squeezes) when it's a very slow drip dump whats left back in the pitcher and measure. My 4.0 wide inserts measured 8oz.

Since you have new ones, do it with an old and new and see if there is a difference. I'd be very interested if they differ (all mine were old when i tested) http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1491277

If the old ones are a lot less. I would try and see if there is build up. eg is there any odor at all?

I didn't have a super soaker but our nighttime solution was MF in front and joey bunz hemp inserts in back. The theory is MF to soak up fast, hemp to hold a lot and hold it back, worked well for us (still does actually)
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool

Last edited by Pixi6s; 02-27-2013 at 01:07 PM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:21 PM   #15
Stacy418
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm so glad I saw this post, my little guy is a super soaker too! I will be giving hemp a try for sure!
Stacy418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:27 PM   #16
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

DD was a SS from birth...just like yours, could saturate a regular mf insert in under 2 hrs, etc. We changed very frequently (probably every hour when awake for the first couple of months), and almost any other material seems more absorbent than mf. I am a hemp lover, especially Super Dos, but DD went into fitteds & wool quite frequently, too.

Play around & see what works for you...and good luck!
carriek38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:30 AM   #17
abhernandez
Registered Users

My nearly 4 week old has turned into a super soaker...and it makes me want to cry. Nothing works.... I've given up on basically everything but wool and fitteds. But I'l guess I'll try hemp before getting rid of the pockets/ai2s. And are there any aios that might work?