Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-05-2012, 09:50 AM   #1
JadeScarlet
Registered Users

c-section birth gifts

I just found out that my nephew's mother is having a c-section later this month. Its her 5th child, not sure if its her first c-section or not.

I want to send a gift - is this a good one?

http://www.nickisdiapers.com/earth-m...aling-kit.html

Any other recommendations?

Advertisement

Old 11-05-2012, 10:30 AM   #2
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: c-section birth gifts

Hmm I think it depends on the mama. I wouldn't have used them as I am not into meditation/relaxation CDs. Also the floral scents make my nose hurt and give me a headache. With 4 kids in the house she may nit even get a chance to use them.

I think especially if this is her first c-section I would have appreciated a post partum belly belt for c-section deliveries. I looked it up. It is called a postpartum support/belly belt. I wanted one real badly but couldn't afford one. They are supposed to help with the pain of surgery by holding the stomach muscles and incision in place. It is very painful to cough, sneeze, or even laugh after a c-section. You are told to hold your tummy to prevent some of the pain but I didn't know this with my first. The belt would do this for her. A nice sports bottle that doesn't spill easily would likely also be appreciated. Especially if she is nursing. I had issues with someone alwas knocking over my drink. Sometimes it was one of the kids but sometimes it was ms as I was trying to adjust myself and the baby.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:35 PM   #3
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

Do you live close? If so then I suggest making her 7 freezer meal suppers and bringing them over! She will love you forever and that is like the best gift ever.

I agree with the PP about the postpartum belt or the sports bottle for water (that is brilliant! I loved the cups they sent me home with, but the boys excelled in spilling it constantly).

I would use the kit, honestly... except for the cd... In place of that, I bet a relaxing cd mix would be nice... full of sweet lullabies.

Some magazines she can flip through while having to rest would be nice. Maybe some chapstick... a bar of nice chocolate.
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:43 PM   #4
JadeScarlet
Registered Users

Thanks for the advice...I will probably go for the support belt, some lotion, and the water bottle is also a great idea - my husband got one for me to keep next to the chair while I nursed (I think he got tired of me constantly asking for a glass of water). Anyone who has had a baby could use one of those!

I'm too far away to do meals.