Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-28-2012, 07:17 AM   #1
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Chat Thread ~ Oct 28th-Nov 3rd

I swear I just started last weeks' thread... and now it's another week! This one seemed to fly by for me!

Advertisement

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:26 AM   #2
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Oct 28th-Nov 3rd

from last weeks' thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
I am gonna go ahead and call this a pumpkin cinnamon roll fail... I think my yeast was bad. Sad!
Aww nuts. Hate when that happens! Was it still edible? (I woulda tried it anyways!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
so my nurse friend got my snuck in for an ultrasound!!
darn baby was laying transverse:/ long ole legs, strong heart, but no money shot!!!
guess we'll be waiting until nov 19th

sonographers make it look easy!!
Sorry baby is a stinker, but glad you got a sneak peek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post
BAFM: today we head home, I'm so ready, loved seeing my sister but I'm exhausted. Eeverything I've eaten the past 3 days has come back up. Minus a piece of pizza and a Boost. I know I've lost more weight as my rings are practically falling off so I switched them to other fingers. I honestly don't know what to do. I feel so exhausted and run down I'm not sure how ill make it through work on Monday. Do I try new meds or just try to deal with it. I think phenergan is the next med we'd try and that worked best with DS so I might call Monday and try getting a new RX.
Oh mama I'm sorry you're having so much trouble with this m/s. That just really sucks. I would go for more/different meds, personally. I can't imagine feeling that bad for that long. And especially if the other med worked last time, it's worth a shot this time around.

AFM: I know I said it in the first post, but this week really flew by for me! I don't know if it's just because of all the party and halloween prep, maybe? If that's the case, though, I've got another couple weeks that are going to keep flying by! Yikes!

And then I'll get to the Dr... and start counting down to the u/s. That won't be so easy. I get very scared when I think ahead to that... so I try not to focus on that, on the future, but just on today. If the u/s is good, if Babe is healthy, that will change this whole pregnancy.
I also need to make sure that I can get in for u/s at a different hospital. I canNOT go back to the u/s dept in town, where I've always gone. I just can't. They are so cold and rude, and have such stupid rules. Normally I can put up with them, but not this time. This time is different, and I need someone who understands that, who is willing to bend the rules for me. I'm hoping that will work out at the other hospital, I've heard good things from a friend.

AND... that's enough thinking about that for now.
We're off to church this morning, then have a couple errands to run, and MIL invited us for supper at their house - ham - and I love not having to cook or worry about what to make!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:04 AM   #3
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:

yuck on being so sick i wish the meds worked better!!

& hoping you find an u/s place that is compassionate.
this week has gone by fast. im glad though because we leave the 10th for my dads in tampa!!

afm: church this am. my brother, sil and nephew leave today for my moms place. we all went to the corn maze/pumpkin patch yesterday. fun, fun.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:14 PM   #4
4dramamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers

AFM: I know I said it in the first post, but this week really flew by for me! I don't know if it's just because of all the party and halloween prep, maybe? If that's the case, though, I've got another couple weeks that are going to keep flying by! Yikes!

And then I'll get to the Dr... and start counting down to the u/s. That won't be so easy. I get very scared when I think ahead to that... so I try not to focus on that, on the future, but just on today. If the u/s is good, if Babe is healthy, that will change this whole pregnancy.
I also need to make sure that I can get in for u/s at a different hospital. I canNOT go back to the u/s dept in town, where I've always gone. I just can't. They are so cold and rude, and have such stupid rules. Normally I can put up with them, but not this time. This time is different, and I need someone who understands that, who is willing to bend the rules for me. I'm hoping that will work out at the other hospital, I've heard good things from a friend.

We're off to church this morning, then have a couple errands to run, and MIL invited us for supper at their house - ham - and I love not having to cook or worry about what to make!
It is hard to find sensitive health professionals. I'm sorry you're feeling anxious.

AFM: I was a big heap of snot and tears all morning at church. Super emotional lately.

Came home to meet my parents for a visit. No nap for me...and today is pretty much my only guaranteed nap day.

On a better note, I'm feeling the baby move much more this week. This always calms me and makes me reassess my priorities and choose to release my anxieties and really focus on living a now life. I am so blessed.

Feeling better and on the verge of being excited about team green status. Spoke to my parents and SIL about it so now it's official since they're really the only ones that care.

DH will be home for eight days coming up. Hopefully we'll get to go out on a few dates before he heads back out on business.
Beth, Christian mama of 5 (expecting #6 Spring 2013).
Check out my blog Heart Stirred with Wisdom
4dramamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:27 PM   #5
delicatefade
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dramamama View Post
It is hard to find sensitive health professionals. I'm sorry you're feeling anxious.

AFM: I was a big heap of snot and tears all morning at church. Super emotional lately.

Came home to meet my parents for a visit. No nap for me...and today is pretty much my only guaranteed nap day.

On a better note, I'm feeling the baby move much more this week. This always calms me and makes me reassess my priorities and choose to release my anxieties and really focus on living a now life. I am so blessed.

Feeling better and on the verge of being excited about team green status. Spoke to my parents and SIL about it so now it's official since they're really the only ones that care.

DH will be home for eight days coming up. Hopefully we'll get to go out on a few dates before he heads back out on business.
LOVE the bolded! Good perspective. I need that.

Holland Grace is here! (14/4/2013)
delicatefade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:38 PM   #6
4dramamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicatefade View Post
I'm glad someone can relate. I need reminders ALL THE TIME.
Beth, Christian mama of 5 (expecting #6 Spring 2013).
Check out my blog Heart Stirred with Wisdom
4dramamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:27 PM   #7
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers
from last weeks' thread...

Aww nuts. Hate when that happens! Was it still edible? (I woulda tried it anyways!)

I did bake it and it looks delicious, but its so dense I couldn't stomach it. Dh probably would have wolfed it down, but no way being pregnant.

So glad the party went well. Except the finger in the cake (that made me giggle though). I know you are very anxious about the ultrasound. I hope it gives you and dh the peace you deserve! The hospital dislike makes sense to me. I didnt have a terrible experience with my miscarriage (docs and nurses were nice), but I still had to change OB offices. Even driving by the building gives me incredible anxiety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicatefade

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dramamama

I'm glad someone can relate. I need reminders ALL THE TIME.
Yay! I, too, need reminders. Not so much with this pregnancy, per say, but with life in general.

Afm: Had way too much fun (sarcasm) cleaning my chickens' coop and yard today. It was way overdue, but I just havent had the energy. DS was such a good helper (watching the chickens and bringing new bedding) that we went for ice cream after dinner. Oh, and he caught 8 of the 10 chickens and put them away for me! Wish I had his skills!
RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:28 PM   #8
jenbengtson
Registered Users

My Mood:

i have this really bad feeling that something is wrong...and I have for a few wks. I only go to the Dr every 6 wks and think I might have to see if they can get me in this week. I just don't feel right.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:31 PM   #9
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbengtson
i have this really bad feeling that something is wrong...and I have for a few wks. I only go to the Dr every 6 wks and think I might have to see if they can get me in this week. I just don't feel right.
Oh no! I hope they can get you in and calm your fears. How much longer til your next appt?
RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:31 PM   #10
delicatefade
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hope your gut feeling is wrong, Jen.

Holland Grace is here! (14/4/2013)
delicatefade is offline   Reply With Quote