Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-28-2012, 07:47 PM   #11
Clothobsessed2010
Registered Users
seller

We did an ultrasound yesterday to find out gender and also a 4d. We did it so early since I'm moving before dh is. It's early so of course things could change BUT she said It's a girl!! That was my gut feeling too. It was a great experience!!

Advertisement

Expecting our IVF miracle baby GIRL in April 2013!
Clothobsessed2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:49 PM   #12
Clothobsessed2010
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dramamama

It is hard to find sensitive health professionals. I'm sorry you're feeling anxious.

AFM: I was a big heap of snot and tears all morning at church. Super emotional lately.

Came home to meet my parents for a visit. No nap for me...and today is pretty much my only guaranteed nap day.

On a better note, I'm feeling the baby move much more this week. This always calms me and makes me reassess my priorities and choose to release my anxieties and really focus on living a now life. I am so blessed.

Feeling better and on the verge of being excited about team green status. Spoke to my parents and SIL about it so now it's official since they're really the only ones that care.

DH will be home for eight days coming up. Hopefully we'll get to go out on a few dates before he heads back out on business.
So glad your dh will be home. I hope you can get some amazing dates in.

It must be amazing to feel baby move! Such a reassuring thing.

Old 10-28-2012, 07:50 PM   #13
Clothobsessed2010
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbengtson
i have this really bad feeling that something is wrong...and I have for a few wks. I only go to the Dr every 6 wks and think I might have to see if they can get me in this week. I just don't feel right.
Hoping and praying your gut is wrong. I hope they will take you in this week so they can calm your worries.

Old 10-28-2012, 08:44 PM   #14
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Oct 28th-Nov 3rd

Jen I hope your gut is wrong!
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:51 PM   #15
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbengtson
i have this really bad feeling that something is wrong...and I have for a few wks. I only go to the Dr every 6 wks and think I might have to see if they can get me in this week. I just don't feel right.
I hope all is well - guts are weird sometimes. My mom has called two or three times this pregnancy to check on the baby because she has bad dreams or feelings. It really freaks me out.

Hopefully they can get you in and allay your fears.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:17 PM   #16
4dramamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clothobsessed2010 View Post
We did an ultrasound yesterday to find out gender and also a 4d. We did it so early since I'm moving before dh is. It's early so of course things could change BUT she said It's a girl!! That was my gut feeling too. It was a great experience!!
From my understanding, once it looks like a girl it is since we all start out with external genitalia. Am I off on that understanding?

Anway, congrats on the ultrasounds! Love seeing them on the inside. So amazing what technology can do!
Beth, Christian mama of 5 (expecting #6 Spring 2013).
Check out my blog Heart Stirred with Wisdom
4dramamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:24 PM   #17
4dramamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
Afm: Had way too much fun (sarcasm) cleaning my chickens' coop and yard today. It was way overdue, but I just havent had the energy. DS was such a good helper (watching the chickens and bringing new bedding) that we went for ice cream after dinner. Oh, and he caught 8 of the 10 chickens and put them away for me! Wish I had his skills!
We want chickens when we move. What kind do you have? I want chickens for eggs and some for meat. Very close friends all have egg-laying hens so I'm so glad I'll have a place to learn about all that. I know nothing. Just egg-cited about fresh eggs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbengtson View Post
Praying for you right now...that everyone is healthy and you will be at peace. I know the doctors will get you in. Is it possible to go to an urgent care type place for a quick check of the hb and a sono?

Quote:
So glad your dh will be home. I hope you can get some amazing dates in.
I hope so.
We had a really long talk tonight that didn't go as I'd hoped. He's had a really rough year being on the road and we really have to look at how our family is being affected. I don't want him to quit his job or anything. I just don't know how to ask him to do more with me and for me when he is gone ALL THE TIME. It seems unrealistic. Sorry. Just thinking while I type.
Beth, Christian mama of 5 (expecting #6 Spring 2013).
Check out my blog Heart Stirred with Wisdom
4dramamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:11 AM   #18
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
afm: church this am. my brother, sil and nephew leave today for my moms place. we all went to the corn maze/pumpkin patch yesterday. fun, fun.
I love going to a pumpkin patch in fall! We have a good one about an hour away, but haven't been in a couple years - last year they were flooded out, and this year we didn't get a chance with the inlaws moving... totally worth that, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dramamama View Post
On a better note, I'm feeling the baby move much more this week. This always calms me and makes me reassess my priorities and choose to release my anxieties and really focus on living a now life. I am so blessed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
So glad the party went well. Except the finger in the cake (that made me giggle though). I know you are very anxious about the ultrasound. I hope it gives you and dh the peace you deserve! The hospital dislike makes sense to me. I didnt have a terrible experience with my miscarriage (docs and nurses were nice), but I still had to change OB offices. Even driving by the building gives me incredible anxiety.

Afm: Had way too much fun (sarcasm) cleaning my chickens' coop and yard today. It was way overdue, but I just havent had the energy. DS was such a good helper (watching the chickens and bringing new bedding) that we went for ice cream after dinner. Oh, and he caught 8 of the 10 chickens and put them away for me! Wish I had his skills!
Thanks, and it made us laugh, too - but he still got in trouble for being sneaky and doing something that he knew was wrong. I gotta get pics posted on the blog later today

The hospital I've gone to for u/s is just where we had the first u/s, and actually where my boys have all been born. The last 2 u/s's with Elli and her stillbirth were all in the city at the women's hospital.
My biggest problem with the u/s dept here is that... well, what I said. They are extremely rude and cold (for example, I have been told with one pregnancy that because my bladder wasn't full enough (despite drinking the amount I was told to) she couldn't see my cervix well enough and "if you walk out of here and that baby falls right out of you, don't blame me!" With another pregnancy I was told, at the 20wk u/s, "here's your baby. not much to look at." ) Seriously. I hate them in there.
Overall, I just need someone to bend the rules for me here - I need to see the screen right away, I need a chance to see Babe moving in there and to see that flickering hb. I would love to be able to watch the whole thing and be told everything that's being looked at/measured, but the first things are the most important to me.
At this place, for example with Elli's u/s, I was laying there for over an hour of scanning before I was shown the screen. The u/s tech said nothing about anything being wrong. She, in fact, made everything out to be fine. When she finally showed me the screen, at the very end for only a minute or 2, she was very quick and short with the views (she showed me Elli's face, hb, and feet) - I didn't realize it at the time, not until after I read the report, that she didn't linger on any part long enough for me to see that Elli wasn't moving, and she made sure to show Elli's feet in a way that it wasn't obvious they were by her head. WORST of all, and seriously this is what disgusts me most about the whole thing, while showing me Elli she commented "Baby is a busy little bee". It makes me want to , literally.
And I know, no matter what they are told or know about the situation, the "rules" are the rules and they will not bend them for me. And I am NOT okay with that.

Good job on getting the chickens cleaned out - not sure I could stomach that at this point still! And WTG little dude for catching all those chickens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbengtson View Post
Call and bother them first thing this morning. If they aren't willing to let you come in right away (ie. today), go to a walk-in clinic or emerg.
I'm sorry you're feeling this way. I won't say it's nothing, though I am it is, because I know all too well that feeling.

Quote:
Congrats on your (most likely) little girl for seeing baby either way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
I hope all is well - guts are weird sometimes. My mom has called two or three times this pregnancy to check on the baby because she has bad dreams or feelings. It really freaks me out.
My mom had a dream while I was pregnant with Elli, though before she even knew I was pregnant. It didn't make sense until everything happened and Elli passed away - then it all was exactly right and true.

Quote:
From my understanding, once it looks like a girl it is since we all start out with external genitalia. Am I off on that understanding?
Good point. Although I have heard a lot of people also told at their 20wk u/s (where there shouldn't be a lot of question) that they're having a girl... only to deliver a boy at 40 weeks.

Quote:
We want chickens when we move. What kind do you have? I want chickens for eggs and some for meat. Very close friends all have egg-laying hens so I'm so glad I'll have a place to learn about all that. I know nothing. Just egg-cited about fresh eggs!

We had a really long talk tonight that didn't go as I'd hoped. He's had a really rough year being on the road and we really have to look at how our family is being affected. I don't want him to quit his job or anything. I just don't know how to ask him to do more with me and for me when he is gone ALL THE TIME. It seems unrealistic. Sorry. Just thinking while I type.
I love farm-fresh eggs!

Honestly, I think he should be doing more with and for you, all of you, when he's home, to make up for the time he's missing being away.

AFM: I got some lovely compliments after church yesterday - compliments on my shirt, but more than that some comments on me looking beautiful (seriously, let me finish. NOT bragging here!) I said to DH afterwards that I'll have to wear that shirt more often (though, it won't fit much longer, lol) but then it hit me - maybe their comments/thoughts had nothing to do with my shirt... but instead with the fact that I felt Babe moving and kicking for the whole sermon. Maybe they were all seeing the love and relief I was feeling?
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:32 AM   #19
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

Jen- I hope your instinct is wrong and you can get in right away today!

I want chickens too, we live on a farm, we have hogs but in the spring we are going to get some chickens to free range. We wanted to get dogs first to help protect them, we have 2 border collies that are about 6 months old now so by the spring we will train them to protect the chickens and not try to play with them!

AFM- i'm feeling ok this morning, threw up once but I'm at work and feeling ok. Called my midwife and she sent me a new RX in, and I'm going to go get fluids tomorrow after I put the kids on the bus. We weren't sure if DSD would be with us for Halloween, she's suppose to but her Mom was pushing to have her since its her brothers 1st halloween and we decided to just not fight about it since we're not huge on halloween anyways. Well we got DSD back today and we get to have her, which means we need to figure out a costume asap! Next weekend is my first bridal shower, really hoping I'm feeling better! My wedding is Dec 29th and things are finally coming together, though I need to start feeling better so I can finish the centerpieces and make the appointment to get my dress altered.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:54 AM   #20
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post
AFM- i'm feeling ok this morning, threw up once but I'm at work and feeling ok. Called my midwife and she sent me a new RX in, and I'm going to go get fluids tomorrow after I put the kids on the bus. We weren't sure if DSD would be with us for Halloween, she's suppose to but her Mom was pushing to have her since its her brothers 1st halloween and we decided to just not fight about it since we're not huge on halloween anyways. Well we got DSD back today and we get to have her, which means we need to figure out a costume asap! Next weekend is my first bridal shower, really hoping I'm feeling better! My wedding is Dec 29th and things are finally coming together, though I need to start feeling better so I can finish the centerpieces and make the appointment to get my dress altered.
for feeling even slightly better! I sure hope this new Rx works magic for you
Good luck with the costume for DSD - did she not have one picked out/planned at her mom's house?

How in the world did I not know you are getting married?! Really for magic meds so you can get things rolling for the wedding!
I really love the date you've picked - a wonderful way to start the new year

ETA: Apparently I'm in a "smiley" mood today!!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote