Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 08:08 AM   #21
momneedssupport's Avatar
momneedssupport
Registered Users
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Posts: 3,092
My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Oct 28th-Nov 3rd

yayay, elena!!! thats a nice story.

dh is playing hookie from work:/ there goes my productivity

Advertisement

__________________
Cecili :wave2: Wife to Bryan (5-15-04) Momma to Brayden (2-5-08) Clara Reece (11-24-10)
And Bennett Lane (3-27-13)
momneedssupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:21 AM   #22
UmmKira's Avatar
UmmKira
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Midwest
Posts: 778
Re: Chat Thread ~ Oct 28th-Nov 3rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbengtson View Post
i have this really bad feeling that something is wrong...and I have for a few wks. I only go to the Dr every 6 wks and think I might have to see if they can get me in this week. I just don't feel right.
Praying everything is okay. I keep feeling hesitant about getting excited for this pregnancy, like it isn't real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
My biggest problem with the u/s dept here is that... well, what I said. They are extremely rude and cold (for example, I have been told with one pregnancy that because my bladder wasn't full enough (despite drinking the amount I was told to) she couldn't see my cervix well enough and "if you walk out of here and that baby falls right out of you, don't blame me!" With another pregnancy I was told, at the 20wk u/s, "here's your baby. not much to look at." ) Seriously. I hate them in there.
Overall, I just need someone to bend the rules for me here - I need to see the screen right away, I need a chance to see Babe moving in there and to see that flickering hb. I would love to be able to watch the whole thing and be told everything that's being looked at/measured, but the first things are the most important to me.
At this place, for example with Elli's u/s, I was laying there for over an hour of scanning before I was shown the screen. The u/s tech said nothing about anything being wrong. She, in fact, made everything out to be fine. When she finally showed me the screen, at the very end for only a minute or 2, she was very quick and short with the views (she showed me Elli's face, hb, and feet) - I didn't realize it at the time, not until after I read the report, that she didn't linger on any part long enough for me to see that Elli wasn't moving, and she made sure to show Elli's feet in a way that it wasn't obvious they were by her head. WORST of all, and seriously this is what disgusts me most about the whole thing, while showing me Elli she commented "Baby is a busy little bee". It makes me want to , literally.
Wow... I can't believe that! I'm speechless... what an awful experience!

AFM: I've been feeling flutters, but not often so it worries me. though I shouldn't worry so much. I've been feeling really deflated and not sure why. I don't want to turn into a clingy wife while I'm preggo! I'm grateful for not feeling sick, but I'm SOOO tired! I'm going to start going on walks with a friend of mine hoping to bring up my energy level.

I've been doing some major organizing and cleaning, so that makes me feel good, getting ready for the baby. Less junk in the house!
__________________
WAHM married to my love , submitter to God , mama to DD1 ('99), DD2 ('10), DD3 ('13), and DD4 due 1/29/14

Come check out my homeschool blog!
UmmKira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:38 AM   #23
MrsCrafty's Avatar
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,892
My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Oct 28th-Nov 3rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
for feeling even slightly better! I sure hope this new Rx works magic for you
Good luck with the costume for DSD - did she not have one picked out/planned at her mom's house?

How in the world did I not know you are getting married?! Really for magic meds so you can get things rolling for the wedding!
I really love the date you've picked - a wonderful way to start the new year

ETA: Apparently I'm in a "smiley" mood today!!
LOL thanks! Her Mom didn't sent anything, and she's with us most of the time so I wouldn't expect her to, just with me being so sick I guess I've been forgetting how fast halloween is coming. I think she will want to be a fairy or a princess or something girlie

We were planning on getting married March 2nd, after getting BFP we moved the date up, luckily the venue was available! We are having the reception at a local winery we love. Hoping my dress still fits as I bought it prior to BFP, but I'm fluffy so I don't think I'll be sticking out too much even in 2 months. To be honest I'm sort of thinking we should have gone to the court house, then used our wedding budget and took the trip of our dreams with the kids to Disney World! It'll be fun, and the kids are super excited, but it's very stressful!
__________________
Denise, building a life with B my farmer, Mom to L 09.2006, W 12.2006, A 04.2013, and B 09.2014 and one angel 10.24.2013
MrsCrafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:08 AM   #24
delicatefade's Avatar
delicatefade
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,124
My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Oct 28th-Nov 3rd

Congrats on the upcoming wedding, Denise! I hope you're feeling well and everything goes smoothly

Elena... I can't believe how crazy awful your ultrasound experiences have been! Our techs are pretty cold too, but not that bad. The worst part for me is that they won't let my husband come in with me until the very end. After miscarrying, it's a terrifying place to be alone!
__________________
Stacey ~ Wife to Keith (26/07/2003)
SAHM to Rowan (20/07/2005), Bria (30/07/2007), & Emery (19/02/2010)
*My Blog*

Holland Grace is here! (14/4/2013)
delicatefade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:23 AM   #25
canadianbakers's Avatar
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: MB, Canada
Posts: 9,221
My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Oct 28th-Nov 3rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
dh is playing hookie from work:/ there goes my productivity
Have fun, even if you don't get much done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2wyatt View Post
We were planning on getting married March 2nd, after getting BFP we moved the date up, luckily the venue was available! We are having the reception at a local winery we love. Hoping my dress still fits as I bought it prior to BFP, but I'm fluffy so I don't think I'll be sticking out too much even in 2 months. To be honest I'm sort of thinking we should have gone to the court house, then used our wedding budget and took the trip of our dreams with the kids to Disney World! It'll be fun, and the kids are super excited, but it's very stressful!
I do kwym. We had a very small wedding - just DH's immediate family, in the pastor's office, my parents and grandparents were on speaker phone. All in all, it didn't cost near $1,000 - and it was wonderful and lovely and I wouldn't have it any other way

But I have been to lots of big, really fun weddings too! It's just that that's what worked out best for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicatefade View Post
Elena... I can't believe how crazy awful your ultrasound experiences have been! Our techs are pretty cold too, but not that bad. The worst part for me is that they won't let my husband come in with me until the very end. After miscarrying, it's a terrifying place to be alone!
Yeah. It's been... not pleasant. I avoid them as much as I can - no "extra" u/s just to see baby here!
I can understand clinical... but not the comments I've had from them.
And that's part of it, too - I don't know if I can do this one on my own, without DH coming with me. And I KNOW they would refuse to allow him in the room.
I understand the rules and whatnot under normal circumstances, but this is not a normal situation. I won't deal with their crap this time.

AFM: Getting the house put back to some sort of order after the party - we'd cleaned up and put away a bunch of toys (limit the mess!), had to take down decorations (for a few days anyways, lol).
Getting some laundry caught up, too, and stripped the kids' beds - it's not really quite cold enough yet, but I'm changing to their winter sheets. Just won't have to crank up the heat in their rooms yet.
__________________
~Elena~
Momma to R (12), Z (10), I (8), L (4), P (2) & J (Apr 14, 2015)
remembering Elliana Lucy (2.7.12)
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:24 AM   #26
canadianbakers's Avatar
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: MB, Canada
Posts: 9,221
My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Oct 28th-Nov 3rd

Oh, and Denise - I bet a seamstress will be able to adjust your dress easily if necessary. I'd let them know about the pregnancy and I would think they'd have the experience to adjust as necessary.
__________________
~Elena~
Momma to R (12), Z (10), I (8), L (4), P (2) & J (Apr 14, 2015)
remembering Elliana Lucy (2.7.12)
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:04 PM   #27
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Deep South
Posts: 8,372
My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Oct 28th-Nov 3rd

So I am worried about my family. They live on the Jersey Shore and already lost power and the storm has not hit land yet. I told them to come here a couple of days ago but they couldn't.

I also have my Dr appt tomorrow and we will be leaving bright and early bc it is at 9:40 and it is an hour and a half away. I promised the boys french fries and milk shakes after and I will definately get a Starbucks yum! I am a little nervous about my appt. I want to here heartbeat. I have been feeling fine but my stomach is not so big--not even close to some of you guys. I actually took pictures and my stomach looked much much bigger a couple of weeks ago. So that has me a little paranoid. I hope it is bc I have been exercising and everything actually has gotten smaller. I guess I will have all my answers tomorrow.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:10 PM   #28
mapleleaf88's Avatar
mapleleaf88
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northern Ontario
Posts: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma
So I am worried about my family. They live on the Jersey Shore and already lost power and the storm has not hit land yet. I told them to come here a couple of days ago but they couldn't.

I also have my Dr appt tomorrow and we will be leaving bright and early bc it is at 9:40 and it is an hour and a half away. I promised the boys french fries and milk shakes after and I will definately get a Starbucks yum! I am a little nervous about my appt. I want to here heartbeat. I have been feeling fine but my stomach is not so big--not even close to some of you guys. I actually took pictures and my stomach looked much much bigger a couple of weeks ago. So that has me a little paranoid. I hope it is bc I have been exercising and everything actually has gotten smaller. I guess I will have all my answers tomorrow.
It could be that you were bloated before! I have no bump whatsoever - my belly is actually flatter than it was before. I was hoping to have a notable bump by Halloween!
I hope that your family stays safe!! I heard rumors that we might lose power tonight when the storm hits... Apparently our power comes from somewhere in NY.

So I've been keeping this pregnancy a secret so well so far! I was planning in announcing it on Halloween... I got a text from my mom today.. Apparently my OB called my sister because I missed an appointment? I have a midwife, I don't have an OB... Wha?? So I made up some story about having lady trouble and wanting her to deal with out instead of my NP and I think sure believed me. But now her reaction on Halloween is going to be "I knew it!" Instead of complete shock.
__________________
Emily, Lovin' Life with DF Ben, "Em" to super-silly DSS Gage (04/06), and new mommy to Kai (08/07)
mapleleaf88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:18 PM   #29
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Deep South
Posts: 8,372
My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Oct 28th-Nov 3rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf88 View Post
It could be that you were bloated before! I have no bump whatsoever - my belly is actually flatter than it was before. I was hoping to have a notable bump by Halloween!
I hope that your family stays safe!! I heard rumors that we might lose power tonight when the storm hits... Apparently our power comes from somewhere in NY.
So I've been keeping this pregnancy a secret so well so far! I was planning in announcing it on Halloween... I got a text from my mom today.. Apparently my OB called my sister because I missed an appointment? I have a midwife, I don't have an OB... Wha?? So I made up some story about having lady trouble and wanting her to deal with out instead of my NP and I think sure believed me. But now her reaction on Halloween is going to be "I knew it!" Instead of complete shock.
I am thinking the niagra area so you should be ok for awhile. When we lived in Upstate NY that is where ours came from.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:26 PM   #30
mapleleaf88's Avatar
mapleleaf88
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northern Ontario
Posts: 503
Yes, they said that if we lose power it will be in 2-4 hours. Hopefully we'll be okay because it's below freezing and we have electric heat! If we do lose power, it will be for at least 3 days!
They were supposed to set up an alternate emergency power source after the giant blackout in 2003, but they haven't.
__________________
Emily, Lovin' Life with DF Ben, "Em" to super-silly DSS Gage (04/06), and new mommy to Kai (08/07)
mapleleaf88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.