View Poll Results: if you don't often use a stroller what kind of area do you live in?
rural (have to drive for all errands/outings) 32 36.36%
suburban (have to drive for most errands/outings) 39 44.32%
urban (can walk or take public transportation for most errands/outings) 12 13.64%
other (explain) 5 5.68%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-13-2012, 08:12 AM   #21
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: stroller use vs babywearing

When DS was under 2 years I would only use stroller for jogging. Now we use it for walks sometimes but we never take it anywhere else.

Advertisement

Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:57 PM   #22
SarasynFox
Registered Users

My Mood:

We live in a rural area. I mean, we CAN walk, but it's about 5 miles to go to the grocery store, 10 to the post office, and anything we can't get at the local grocery store requires a car undeniably. Since the local store isn't that big, we really need to get into town for some things.

That being said, we use the stroller all the time! It's come in great use. Primarily we use it to haul groceries, to carry coats while we're walking around. Snacks get thrown in the stroller, pretty much anything that we don't feel like carrying. A wagon would probably suit us better. We occasionally use it for our almost 3 year old because he'd rather ride than be worn. He hasn't had any patience for anyone to so much as try to wear him lately, so we've given in and let him have his way.
SarasynFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:45 AM   #23
Nijntje
Registered Users

My Mood:

urban, urban-don't even own a car. We mostly babywear. Strollers just don't really fit down the aisles of stores comfortably and we live in a fourth story walkup. Needless to say I don't understand how Bugaboos got to be the stroller of choice here.
Old 12-25-2012, 11:56 AM   #24
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I prefer wearing, but if I have 2 kids who need to be moved, then I use my Phil and Teds double stroller. I have had 2 kids in the stroller and 1 on my back, though.

I'm in the suburbs.
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 02:41 PM   #25
NappyChappy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We live in a rural area and we use both stroller and wear. When DS was little I wore him more.

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454524
NappyChappy is offline   Reply With Quote