Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-29-2012, 06:23 PM   #11
slyeates
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HisFadedStar

No, I was on 100, doc wants to do another 100 cycle before increasing. I also night weaned since then though, so I hope that helps!
Is it an ob that prescribes clomid? I have never taken it, but i read some about it while ttc my dd. Is pcos enough to get it? I see you were taking while bfing, so i take it that isnt a problem.

Advertisement

Old 10-29-2012, 09:17 PM   #12
HisFadedStar
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyeates

Is it an ob that prescribes clomid? I have never taken it, but i read some about it while ttc my dd. Is pcos enough to get it? I see you were taking while bfing, so i take it that isnt a problem.
Yes, it's an obgyn (although it is a high risk and surgical practice), I know a lot of obgyns won't prescribe it, I called around and asked before I made my appt to make sure they did prescribe it. Pcos was enough for me to get it because I don't ovulate at all. I don't have cycles period, not just that my cycles are irregular (i haven't had a natural cycle in 6 years). She is letting me try a few cycles while BFing, though they do work against each other. So I will probably do this cycle and one more at 150, and if that doesn't work I will probably stop ttc until I wean and lose some weight (maybe 6 months).
HisFadedStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:51 PM   #13
slyeates
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HisFadedStar

Yes, it's an obgyn (although it is a high risk and surgical practice), I know a lot of obgyns won't prescribe it, I called around and asked before I made my appt to make sure they did prescribe it. Pcos was enough for me to get it because I don't ovulate at all. I don't have cycles period, not just that my cycles are irregular (i haven't had a natural cycle in 6 years). She is letting me try a few cycles while BFing, though they do work against each other. So I will probably do this cycle and one more at 150, and if that doesn't work I will probably stop ttc until I wean and lose some weight (maybe 6 months).
My endocrinologist gave me metformin to help me ovulate... he never said anything about clomid. I need to ask my ob. I dont ovulate unless i am on metformin and even then it is only like 3-4x year. I havent had a pp cycle yet.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:58 AM   #14
slyeates
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Have any of you heard of the perfect 10 diet? My mom has been on it and really likes it. It is basically low carb, no processed foods, etc. She is going to give me the book. If anyone is interested maybe we could try it together.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:39 AM   #15
Zookeeper
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyeates
Have any of you heard of the perfect 10 diet? My mom has been on it and really likes it. It is basically low carb, no processed foods, etc. She is going to give me the book. If anyone is interested maybe we could try it together.
I wonder if it is like the PCOS cleanse and diet my midwife has recommended...I am going to start the cleanse this weekend.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:29 PM   #16
slyeates
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookeeper

I wonder if it is like the PCOS cleanse and diet my midwife has recommended...I am going to start the cleanse this weekend.
What do you do for the cleanse?
Old 10-30-2012, 10:50 PM   #17
Zookeeper
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: PCOS Cysters Weekly Chat 10/28 - 11/3

Here is the link she sent me for the cleanse: http://www.polycystic-ovary-syndrome-guide.com/pcos-cleanse.html
Old 10-31-2012, 12:39 AM   #18
slyeates
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
It is very similar to the perfect 10. I am going to start a cleanse on friday. I will try the apple cider vinegar *yuck*

Thanks for the link!
Old 10-31-2012, 07:35 AM   #19
Zookeeper
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ooh ooh!!! I'm going to start it this weekend!!!!! Can we be cleanse buddies?? I am aiming for 3 weeks, but my midwife said if I can only make 2 that will still be a good jump start.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:39 AM   #20
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I have PCOS but havent been posting in the daily chat thread.

I just wanted to add that mamas who are looking for a natural way to try and regulate things should look in to a Gluten free diet.
I got pregnant 2 weeks after going gluten free this time. That was while BFing and only having had 1 pp AF (about 2 1/2 months before I got pregnant). You can find a lot of info online about Gluten Free Diets for PCOS. Now that I'm pregnant again I havent been following it much but will again after I have the baby.
Good luck!

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote