Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-29-2012, 07:33 AM   #1
geetabean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
All things Christmas

Let's chat about Christmas! What are your traditions? Where do you celebrate? What are you getting your kiddos? How do you deal (or not deal) with seeing extended family? Have you run across any deals, or coupons/discounts? Let's share!

I know it's only October, but I despise Christmas shopping crowds and the crazy hustle and bustle, so I start early to avoid all that. I usually do most of my Christmas shopping online so I don't even have to leave my house!

Anyone else starting their Christmas shopping? Anyone already finished?

I am at a total loss as to what to get my kids this year. They have SO much already and I really don't want a bunch of "junk" coming into my house.

Anyone have ideas for 2, 4, & 6 year old girls?

Advertisement

Old 10-29-2012, 07:38 AM   #2
geetabean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: All things Christmas

I have a Carter's coupon for 25% off purchase of $40. It expires 11/18/2012. The code is: CARHLDV14

*not good for doorbuster specials or clearance*
Old 10-29-2012, 10:20 AM   #3
ElsieCayare
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by geetabean

I am at a total loss as to what to get my kids this year. They have SO much already and I really don't want a bunch of "junk" coming into my house.

I'd make a ton of dress up clothes. It'd get rid of some of my fabric clutter, and be fun. Win win.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DS Forum
ElsieCayare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:48 AM   #4
geetabean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElsieCayare View Post
I'd make a ton of dress up clothes. It'd get rid of some of my fabric clutter, and be fun. Win win.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DS Forum
That's a good idea. Too bad I'm not very good at sewing. Maybe you could make dress up clothes for me and use up all your fabric!
Old 10-29-2012, 11:27 AM   #5
KCmomma
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by geetabean View Post
Let's chat about Christmas! What are your traditions? Where do you celebrate? What are you getting your kiddos? How do you deal (or not deal) with seeing extended family? Have you run across any deals, or coupons/discounts? Let's share!

I know it's only October, but I despise Christmas shopping crowds and the crazy hustle and bustle, so I start early to avoid all that. I usually do most of my Christmas shopping online so I don't even have to leave my house!

Anyone else starting their Christmas shopping? Anyone already finished?

We are a military family so one of our biggest traditions is no matter where we are we will ALWAYS have Christmas morning with the kids waking up in their own beds. We don't always get to see the extended family, but then again that is sometimes a blessing! We do try and skype with the grandparents.
We always order pizza and have a tree decorating party with Christmas music blaring. We used to get our tree on Black Friday, but the post we are at now gives families free trees so we wait for that.
We always take goodies to our neighbors on Christmas Eve.
The kids also get new PJs on Christmas Eve.

I have started shopping and making Christmas gifts. My sewing machine broke though so I am now having to re-think everything!
I love to do co-ops for Christmas so if anyone knows of some I would love to join!
KCmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:32 PM   #6
geetabean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCmomma View Post
We are a military family so one of our biggest traditions is no matter where we are we will ALWAYS have Christmas morning with the kids waking up in their own beds. We don't always get to see the extended family, but then again that is sometimes a blessing! We do try and skype with the grandparents.
We always order pizza and have a tree decorating party with Christmas music blaring. We used to get our tree on Black Friday, but the post we are at now gives families free trees so we wait for that.
We always take goodies to our neighbors on Christmas Eve.
The kids also get new PJs on Christmas Eve.

I have started shopping and making Christmas gifts. My sewing machine broke though so I am now having to re-think everything!
I love to do co-ops for Christmas so if anyone knows of some I would love to join!
We are the same way.....our kids always spend Christmas eve and Christmas day at our home! I grew up driving all over town to different relatives houses for the holidays and I always wished that I could just stay at home and enjoy my new presents and be with my family. So, we do matching pajamas & and a new ornament on Christmas eve, we make sugar cookies for santa and then on Christmas day we open presents and lounge around the house all day in our pajamas! I make a feast on Christmas day and we eat it in our pajamas too! We usually get together with extended family on new years eve to celebrate the holidays.

What is a Christmas co-op?
Old 10-29-2012, 02:56 PM   #7
KCmomma
Registered Users

My Mood:

Not really a Christmas Co op, but any co op that gets stuff here in time for Christmas.
KCmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:38 PM   #8
geetabean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

LANDS END

Free Shipping through 11/4/12 No order minimum
Promo code: PERFORMANCE PIN: 4108

And I also have a $10 off $50 purchase coupon, but you need the coupon.....if anyone wants it, let me know.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:31 PM   #9
geetabean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm feeling very stressed out right now because my mother called today and asked if her and my dad could come stay with us for Christmas. They live in CA and we are in NC.....so its not like it's a short come over for a couple days kind of visit. My dad is an alcoholic and while we were out in CA for 3 weeks this summer there was a HUGE blow up.....I'm actually quite surprised that they would even want to come out for the holidays because the sh*t really hit the fan in August! Anyway, our relationship is complicated. Christmas is my favorite time of year and my DH takes 2 weeks off work and we have some traditions that we do just as a family and I really don't want my parents to come out here and ruin our Christmas.

But I don't know how to tell them I don't think it's a good idea. Why do families have to be so complicated?