Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-27-2012, 06:50 PM   #1
kelpie169
Registered Users
seller

Recommendations??

Now that I'm completely 100% done having kids, I've decided that it's time to start getting my body back where I want it. But I have a confession.

I HATE to exercise.

Like seriously, I'd rather pull out my fingernails with rusty pliers. I just want to get healthy though. I don't really care about the number on the scale because I know how useless that number really is. I used to be anorexic and bulemic, but now my diet is pretty good. So the diet portion of getting in shape is pretty well controlled. Now, however, I need to exercise. And I need recommendations for a program that may have worked for you and that is fun.

Advertisement

kelpie169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:58 PM   #2
MinkaK
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Recommendations??

What do you like to do? Are you social? I am an introvert but I love zumba classes. I swim when I get a chance. I have started running ( even though I loathe it- seriously when I started, I ran to "I hate this, I hate this" going through my head). I just recently started doing THIS for weightlifting. I started the beginning of this month with 5lb weights ( and I could barely finish) and as of today it is almost too easy and I am going to 8lbs weights.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:00 AM   #3
krispy79
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I hate exercise, working out, etc. I do take a yoga class once a week, but the already paid for class is the only reason I actually do it.
I am on day 14 of the jm 30day shred and I have to say I am (1) amazed that I am still doing it and its probably because its only 20 minutes. (2) I already see results, in the tape measure and via pictures. (3) today I realized a lot of my back pain has disappeared.
I hope you find something that works for you!

Sent from my (not so)Smartphone using DS Forum

Is Someone Hurting you? You can talk to me 1.800.838.8238
krispy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:18 PM   #4
kelpie169
Registered Users
seller

I like to do things outside but I also hate it since we live in Florida and its too dang hot! But that would be preferable to me. Honestly I used to box and I loved that. I hate running-bad knees and shins make it way too painful. And I hate going to a gym. I dunno why. Yoga I actually like but never seem to have the motivation to do. But when I was doing it I loved how it made my back feel...and now my back is killing me so maybe that's an idea. Hum. Thanks for the suggestions! Any more out there?
kelpie169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:47 PM   #5
munchkinflame13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I love the 30 day shred, too. . . you can find it on youtube for free if you want to try it. Also, if you like to box, you should try Tae Bo. Its got a lot of punching and kicking in it. . . HTHs

Also, I used to hate running, but I've been doing C25K and I'm actually starting to enjoy running, so maybe if you just give it a try and stick to it, you'll start to like it. I like spinning, too. . . Its addictive
Old 10-29-2012, 03:19 PM   #6
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

I'm anti-workout myself. Unless it's in a group & I'm halfway being forced, it doesn't happen lol And the only reason it happens then is b/c I'm so stubborn & I don't want to look like I can't do something.

The best thing I've found to do is find a way to workout that doesn't seem like working out - like we went mushroom hunting in the woods here & I walked a couple miles, I'm sure. Didn't think of it as a workout b/c I didn't set out to do one. Same thing with chores outside or inside - things like helping DH with stacking firewood, line drying laundry, playing catch with the kids or frisbee with the dog, etc. I try to make a lot of things "count" or get extra movement out of them... like when I line dry clothes, I take the basket outside & I will take out one item, walk to the end of the line, pin it, then walk back to the basket, get one item again, etc... it may be silly, but I am forcing myself to walk more and further.

I cut out all refined foods from my diet as well.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:02 PM   #7
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I hate to exercise too

I have found crossfit workouts or circuit training like 30 day shred seem to make me happiest. It keeps my attention and I find it fun. HTH