Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-29-2012, 08:21 AM   #1
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
weight gain?

so for those not still suffering from morning sickness, how much weight have you gain? how is it different or the same from other pregnancies?

afm: im still hovering at 2-3lb total gain. soooo different from both my other pregnancies. i gain fast and got to 50lb with both. :/ im hoping to stay in the 15-25lb range since i started out 7lb overweight.

Advertisement

Old 10-29-2012, 08:57 AM   #2
Buena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I stepped on the scale today and I look to be about +3. I don't think it's too bad for 16+ weeks.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:59 AM   #3
delicatefade
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: weight gain?

Sigh. I'm up 10 pounds and I'm 16 1/2 weeks. I usually gain fast at the beginning though, and I've never gone over 30 pounds weight gain with any of my pregnancies.

Holland Grace is here! (14/4/2013)
delicatefade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:14 AM   #4
UmmKira
Registered Users
seller

I'm up 9 lbs as of my last check (16 weeks). I was disappointed I gained 8 lbs by my 12 week check, so I've been more careful. I think part of the early gain was that I weaned my LO, and was still eating as if I was nursing.

Come check out my homeschool blog!
UmmKira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:17 AM   #5
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Not sure I gained anything. If so about 2 lbs. My scale broke the other day BOO!!! SO I will not know definately until my appt tomorrow.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:12 AM   #6
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm going to repeat myself, mamas - please, don't focus on how much weight you may gain during pregnancy. Don't make it about the weight gain. I have dealt with, any still deal with at times, eating disorders and I know how hard gaining weight can be.
But I do believe that, most of the time, our body will gain what it needs to grow a healthy baby and maintain a healthy pregnancy - if it is allowed to have the foods/nutrients it is needing.

I started at 105lbs before any of my pregnancies. With each one (except Elliana's), at birth, I have been 160lbs. It doesn't matter how much I exercise, how much I eat or don't eat, or how much I stress over the weight gain - it comes every time.

That being said, I don't know how much I've gained. I wasn't weighing myself much before I got pregnant, I just know a general range I was in/around. And I've only weighed myself once, maybe twice, since getting pregnant. I know I've gained over 10lbs by now, I'm assuming I'm gaining like I normally do (1lb per week in the first tri, 2lbs per week through the 2nd, back to 1lb per week in the 3rd) - that would put me at about a 21lb gain so far.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:42 AM   #7
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport
so for those not still suffering from morning sickness, how much weight have you gain? how is it different or the same from other pregnancies?

afm: im still hovering at 2-3lb total gain. soooo different from both my other pregnancies. i gain fast and got to 50lb with both. :/ im hoping to stay in the 15-25lb range since i started out 7lb overweight.
I have gained maybe 3? lbs max. Net gain probably 0. It's been about two (three?) weeks since my last appt and I think I was -3 or -4 lbs then. I still fit comfortably into most of my jeans if I'm not too bloated. My calorie intake has gone down if it's changed at all.

We don't own a scale for that specific reason! No obsession over weight. When we did have one, I was constantly weighing myself and it was NOT. Good.

With this pregnancy, I am focusing on eating small portions until I am *satisfied*, not *full*. I was doing that anyway, but really trying hard not to consume a ton of craving-oriented stuff (unless of course it's something like a spinach salad, haha). I keep reminding myself that I do NOT need extra calories until the third tri (or at least a lot closer to it!).

With my last pregnancy, it was like "I'm pregnant, I can eat whatever I want, whenever I want because 'baby wants it' and/or 'I'm eating for two'." I didn't really get what eating for two was until I started nursing - wow, talk about having to up calorie intake!! I was a ravenous beast for about 9 months haha. I gained 41 lbs in 39 weeks with my last pregnancy (most of it in the last three months). It's not so much the weight gain that bothers me, but my diet was not balanced and I wasn't eating enough real food and I felt TERRIBLE the whole latter part of my pregnancy and for a couple months post partum.

I know with this pregnancy, my diet is far superior and I will feel much better. Compared to my last pregnancy, I already have more energy (though that's not much anyway! Ha), less yucky feelings (headaches, nausea, etc), and just feel healthier overall. It's amazing the difference diet can make - in everything, really.

Okay... Novel over
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:11 PM   #8
KendallMarie
Registered Users
seller

I can't say exaclty because my weight was really in flux right about when I would have gotten pregnant. But I've picked and arbitrary number... and I"m up 8-9lbs from that and I'm 16 weeks tomorrow. I seem to go in bursts... I'll jump up a few pounds then hold stedy there for a few weeks then repeat.

My bigger concern is that I can really see i"m not getting enough excersize. Normally I walk at lunch for half an hour then do some kind of work out in the evening. Treadmill, yoga, recumbant bike for atleast 15 minutes... but lately none of that is happening. But on the other hand I'm not gaining all that much really with what i am managing to eat (not really sick just not interested in food but know i need to eat) I don't know what would happen with my weight if i did suddenly manage to pick up all my prepregnancy work outs again.

ISO: Fuzzibunz Elite OS, Lg Boy-ish G-diapers, MEAF M, ML, L
IHA: Sm G-diapers, pouches, g-cloth, NB Alvas, NB Sandies, NB Prefolds, NB Bummis covers
KendallMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:01 PM   #9
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyH View Post
With my last pregnancy, it was like "I'm pregnant, I can eat whatever I want, whenever I want because 'baby wants it' and/or 'I'm eating for two'." I didn't really get what eating for two was until I started nursing - wow, talk about having to up calorie intake!! I was a ravenous beast for about 9 months haha. I gained 41 lbs in 39 weeks with my last pregnancy (most of it in the last three months). It's not so much the weight gain that bothers me, but my diet was not balanced and I wasn't eating enough real food and I felt TERRIBLE the whole latter part of my pregnancy and for a couple months post partum.

I know with this pregnancy, my diet is far superior and I will feel much better. Compared to my last pregnancy, I already have more energy (though that's not much anyway! Ha), less yucky feelings (headaches, nausea, etc), and just feel healthier overall. It's amazing the difference diet can make - in everything, really.
That's exactly what I mean - if you're eating well (not so much watching how much you're eating, but what you're eating) and eating when you're hungry, you're going to feel better - and any weight gain you have is "healthy weight", kwim?
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:51 PM   #10
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have no idea how much weight I have gained. I know its between 5-10 pounds, but its different every time I step on the scale. It was the first thing I would do every morn and it was always different. DH pointed out that it depends on how much I ate or drank the night before and what not. After I got settled with an OB I stopped even getting on the scale because I knew he'd track it now for pre-e and what not.