Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-29-2012, 03:54 PM   #11
4dramamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: weight gain?

I eat real food whenever I feel like it. In the past, I've eaten like a crazy person while pregnant.

Pregnancy #1 - 65# gain
#2 - 55#
#3 - 35# (I walked for 45 minutes a day...power walking...like a beast!)
#4 - 38#
#5 - 40# (I ate double dip ice cream sundaes with hot fudge and peanut butter sauce every day in the last trimester of this one!)

This time my weight gain has been much different as I am focusing on snacking on fat and protein. I am not on a low carb diet AT ALL but I don't get my snack calories / between meal nutrition from carbs. It's making a huge difference in my energy level, iron absorption, and hunger.

I'm currently up 7# and 18wks today. I feel like I'm on track to gain around 30# this time. Oh, and I don't exercise except for normal parent of 5 kids activity.

Advertisement

Beth, Christian mama of 5 (expecting #6 Spring 2013).
Check out my blog Heart Stirred with Wisdom

Last edited by 4dramamama; 10-29-2012 at 03:56 PM.
4dramamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:06 PM   #12
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:

im not obsessing, i promise. my low carb high protein diet went wayside bc i cant stand eggs and crave.carbs.now! its sad really. my exercise is non existent too i wish i had more energy. i eat lots of fruit, nuts, cheese. i am hoping i dont gain extra bc i dont lose it with bfing:/ i hang onto it for months and months. boooooo

my purpose was to just see how comfortable everyone is and how they compared to past pg. i wont be dieting bc i love to eat.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:10 PM   #13
4dramamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
i wont be dieting bc i love to eat.
LOVE it! When people invite us over or we go out with others for a meal they are always so nice to ask what our family eats and what our kids like. I always answer, "Anything is great. We love food!"
Old 10-29-2012, 06:36 PM   #14
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

LOL with my first I gained around 70 LOL!!!!!To my defense I am 5'9 and was 135 lbs. which is skinny for me. I did not loose it all when I got preggers with ds2 but ended at the same weight. Lost it all before DD and then needed 10 lbs to go before I got preggers this time. And the funny thing I have no stretch marks LOL!--I actually like my body better now after children bc I feel like I am built like a woman and not an athletic 7 yr old boy.

With ds1 I craved EVERYTHING!!!! I was like eating 5 pb&Js a day--I can not even look at pb&js right now. I was also eating burgers--I HATE meat! I really did not care that I gained so much bc I was completely healthy and fine. I just was very happy--It was so funny to see myself that big anf I would walk around signing "I'm bringing sexy back" and "My lumps my lovely lady lumps"

Afterwards though I was expecting the weight to fall off and it just did not happen. But I was not obsessing. After ds2 I got serious about it and ate extremely healthy and did some yoga and the weight flew off. I would have to say I was a little more lazy with getting the weight off with dd but I really did not care. I am very happy at where I am at atm and just making sure I do not gain 70 again--bc honestly that was crazy!
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:14 PM   #15
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dramamama
(I ate double dip ice cream sundaes with hot fudge and peanut butter sauce every day in the last trimester of this one!)
Umm... yum! Where would I get such a thing??
Old 10-29-2012, 08:12 PM   #16
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
"My lumps my lovely lady lumps"
love it
Old 10-29-2012, 10:00 PM   #17
4dramamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
Umm... yum! Where would I get such a thing??
LOL - DH would get them for me at a regional burger and ice cream restaurant called Braum's! Love me some Braum's!
Old 10-30-2012, 07:01 AM   #18
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:

i <3 braums, but sparingly......i really have to be in the mood.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:13 AM   #19
delicatefade
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just want to say that I'm thankful for Beth and Elena for always putting a positive spin on things I need to do this. So today, let's all repeat:

"I am beautiful. My body is amazing for carrying a baby. I will love myself no matter what!"

Maybe if I keep saying it, I will believe it!

Holland Grace is here! (14/4/2013)
delicatefade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:22 PM   #20
~Roses~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm up about 8lbs at 14w2d. I gained a *lot* with my oldest because I started out underweight (110lbs, 5'7"), I think I delivered at 170lbs with him. I got back down to a healthy weight after him by the time he was 18mos old (130, maybe?) and honestly have no clue how much I gained with my second ds, I don't remember at all, I don't think we owned a scale at the time! I know I was back down to 120 by his first birthday. This time I started at about 131. I expect to gain 35lbs at least. I don't really worry about it coming back off, going by my last two. I'm just eating normally (well, whatever I can get down without feeling sick).