Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 06:26 PM   #21
amyltc's Avatar
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,446
My Mood:
Re: Blessed with children, Struggling for more Week of October 29th

Thinking of you Rebecca!

Slimy- you are seeing an RE now? I know there is a new place that opened up that isn't terrbly far away like all the other clinics are, is that where you are going? We are thinking of switching so it would be closer.

I need to call and make and appointment. We are going to consult with the dr. about IVF. I'm scared about it and I want to but its so darn much money! Ther is some uncertainty with dh's job right now so I'm hoping that will resolve here soon. He has an interview for a job next week that woudl be about 300 more a month take home which would reaally help with paying for IVF, we will see what they say I guess.

I had a dream last night that I was pg. It was so real. Made me sad when I woke up and it wasn't

Advertisement

__________________
Amy, mom to Allie-1/06, Hannah-4/08, and Lucy-12/13 always missing baby 'M' (7 weeks)
Sometimes mama/auntie to N (5/09) and Z (8/10)
Yarns, YYMN and patternsHERE
amyltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:31 PM   #22
Love4leon's Avatar
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 8,661
Re: Blessed with children, Struggling for more Week of October 29th

The FET went super easy- I've been in bed all day. We transferred 2 grade AA day 5 blasts- fingers crossed that they find me to be a cozy home for the next 9 months.

Amy- I have to say that IVF is so much less scary once you do it- I feel like the process goes pretty quick (quicker if you don't end up having polyps and cysts like I did) The money- well its the price of a new car, but if we end up with a baby at the end- that will be waaayyy better than a car or anything else we could've spent the money on.
Love4leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:51 PM   #23
slimy72's Avatar
slimy72
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Western US
Posts: 10,055
My Mood:
Re: Blessed with children, Struggling for more Week of October 29th

Amy- I'm going to the new clinic in Layton. So much closer than SLC. We really like the staff there too. So far I've actually been really surprised by how much my insurance has paid for. So far my bills have added up to over $1500 for testing and I've only had to pay my copays. Even thought the insurance told me they wouldn't cover me for IF, they do cover some of the testing it's the actual treatments they aren't covering.
__________________
hand spinning, soap making, sheep raising wife to my hardworking and FT WOHM to my 'lil & 6 angels in heaven & our rainbow baby that joined us safely this summer!
ISO: Formula Checks- if you have some you won't use we would love to have them!
NB Diapers for sale: http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1594851
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:52 PM   #24
slimy72's Avatar
slimy72
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Western US
Posts: 10,055
My Mood:
Re: Blessed with children, Struggling for more Week of October 29th

Yay! Rebecca! Best of luck I hope this is your month!
__________________
hand spinning, soap making, sheep raising wife to my hardworking and FT WOHM to my 'lil & 6 angels in heaven & our rainbow baby that joined us safely this summer!
ISO: Formula Checks- if you have some you won't use we would love to have them!
NB Diapers for sale: http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1594851
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:57 PM   #25
Hope4More's Avatar
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: In the land of Crazy
Posts: 5,194
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72
Yay! Rebecca! Best of luck I hope this is your month!
This! Fingers crossed!
__________________
Wife, WAHM, born-again Christian, proud mommy to my loving, energetic son (4) and blessed, miracle daughter
God gave us our RAINBOW baby !
I WILL WARRIOR ON... This mama misses her three baby angels (10.19) (1.29) (4.18)
I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...
Hope4More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:50 PM   #26
amyltc's Avatar
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,446
My Mood:
Re: Blessed with children, Struggling for more Week of October 29th

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
Amy- I'm going to the new clinic in Layton. So much closer than SLC. We really like the staff there too. So far I've actually been really surprised by how much my insurance has paid for. So far my bills have added up to over $1500 for testing and I've only had to pay my copays. Even thought the insurance told me they wouldn't cover me for IF, they do cover some of the testing it's the actual treatments they aren't covering.
That's where we are switching to, I'm nervous but excited, I think it's just the fear of failure, I've heard good things about the clinic so far, and wow it's like 45 min closer! So much easier!

Thanks Rebecca, I feel like we've kind of been on this journey together, we did our iuis together and stuff it would be fun if you got your bfp now and I got mine this summer! If we do it I will do Lupron for 6 months and then do ivf this summer when I'm off work. I'll try to lose some weight between. Now and then as we'll.
__________________
Amy, mom to Allie-1/06, Hannah-4/08, and Lucy-12/13 always missing baby 'M' (7 weeks)
Sometimes mama/auntie to N (5/09) and Z (8/10)
Yarns, YYMN and patternsHERE
amyltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:30 PM   #27
lalakiwi7's Avatar
lalakiwi7
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Missouri
Posts: 1,419
My Mood:
Re: Blessed with children, Struggling for more Week of October 29th

rebecca- Ahhhh so exciting. crossing my fingers for you and your little bitties. hoping they like it and stay warm and cozy for the next 9 months!!!!
__________________
Liesl-(like Sound of Music.) ER Nurse Practitioner part time. Full time wifey to my highschool sweetheart and mommy to DS-2006 (adopted) and DD-2009 (biobaby). We love Jesus! Until the day we meet again missing our three babies 7/2011;11/2011; DS-7/2012. THANKFUL to be After 3 years and 3 losses with our #2 biobaby RAINBOW IT"S A BOY!! Expected 8/2013
lalakiwi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:44 PM   #28
Hope4More's Avatar
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: In the land of Crazy
Posts: 5,194
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalakiwi7
rebecca- Ahhhh so exciting. crossing my fingers for you and your little bitties. hoping they like it and stay warm and cozy for the next 9 months!!!!
I love that! Her little bitties! Lol- I won't tell you what autocorrect tries to change that too!

Good luck - I can't wait to see what happens here!
__________________
Wife, WAHM, born-again Christian, proud mommy to my loving, energetic son (4) and blessed, miracle daughter
God gave us our RAINBOW baby !
I WILL WARRIOR ON... This mama misses her three baby angels (10.19) (1.29) (4.18)
I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...
Hope4More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:11 PM   #29
slimy72's Avatar
slimy72
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Western US
Posts: 10,055
My Mood:
Re: Blessed with children, Struggling for more Week of October 29th

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyltc View Post
That's where we are switching to, I'm nervous but excited, I think it's just the fear of failure, I've heard good things about the clinic so far, and wow it's like 45 min closer! So much easier!

Thanks Rebecca, I feel like we've kind of been on this journey together, we did our iuis together and stuff it would be fun if you got your bfp now and I got mine this summer! If we do it I will do Lupron for 6 months and then do ivf this summer when I'm off work. I'll try to lose some weight between. Now and then as we'll.
SO much closer! It's really easy to get to once you've been there the first time too. My first time I was totally lost over by the hospital, but it's actually on the opposite side of the freeway. When we first went, our insurance told us that they won't cover anything there because they are not a preferred provider on dh's (IHC) and for mine (EMI) I am not infertile. By their definition infertile means you have NO biological children. Since I have one, according to them they will cover nothing. Well, that is somewhat true. They are covering a lot of the testing and blood work because it is not being coded as an "infertility" treatment, so so far my insurance has covered almost everything! Now they will not cover the actual cost of iui or ivf there though. We are still waiting on one more test before we decided the best way to proceed. Since I can actually get pregnant once in a while, my biggest issue is carrying, we have to find the cause of the losses first. He feels like once we figure that out, then an IUI with whatever treatment it takes for me to keep it might be best. Unless it turns out to be genetic than IVF with screening will be our only chance. If we have to jump up to IVF then we will be transferring down to the U of U clinic because they are a preferred provider for dh's insurance and will cover $5000 a year down there towards teh IVF procedure. So as long as we are in territory that we can afford we'll stay up here, once we get to needed the "big guns" then we'll have to transfer because of cost.
__________________
hand spinning, soap making, sheep raising wife to my hardworking and FT WOHM to my 'lil & 6 angels in heaven & our rainbow baby that joined us safely this summer!
ISO: Formula Checks- if you have some you won't use we would love to have them!
NB Diapers for sale: http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1594851
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:37 PM   #30
amyltc's Avatar
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,446
My Mood:
Re: Blessed with children, Struggling for more Week of October 29th

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
SO much closer! It's really easy to get to once you've been there the first time too. My first time I was totally lost over by the hospital, but it's actually on the opposite side of the freeway. When we first went, our insurance told us that they won't cover anything there because they are not a preferred provider on dh's (IHC) and for mine (EMI) I am not infertile. By their definition infertile means you have NO biological children. Since I have one, according to them they will cover nothing. Well, that is somewhat true. They are covering a lot of the testing and blood work because it is not being coded as an "infertility" treatment, so so far my insurance has covered almost everything! Now they will not cover the actual cost of iui or ivf there though. We are still waiting on one more test before we decided the best way to proceed. Since I can actually get pregnant once in a while, my biggest issue is carrying, we have to find the cause of the losses first. He feels like once we figure that out, then an IUI with whatever treatment it takes for me to keep it might be best. Unless it turns out to be genetic than IVF with screening will be our only
chance. If we have to jump up to IVF then we will be transferring down to the U of U clinic because they are a preferred provider for dh's insurance and will cover $5000 a year down there towards teh IVF procedure. So as long as we are in territory that we can afford we'll stay up here, once we get to needed the "big guns" then we'll have to transfer because of cost.
Whoa! 5000? That's awesome, my dh carries our insurance, he works for Ihc, I wonder if they cover anything?
__________________
Amy, mom to Allie-1/06, Hannah-4/08, and Lucy-12/13 always missing baby 'M' (7 weeks)
Sometimes mama/auntie to N (5/09) and Z (8/10)
Yarns, YYMN and patternsHERE
amyltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.