Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-04-2012, 07:35 AM   #31
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Blessed with children, Struggling for more Week of October 29th

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyltc View Post
Whoa! 5000? That's awesome, my dh carries our insurance, he works for Ihc, I wonder if they cover anything?
I would sure look into it. Because that office is not a preferred provider for our IHC plan so IHC covers nothing there, but if I went to U of U they would cover $5000 a year with a $15000 lifetime maximum. We actually both carry insurance on the whole family. It's pretty expensive on a monthly basis, but it is so much cheaper in the long run to have them both. And they work really well together, often what one doesn't cover the other does. So for now my insurance through the district has been covering almost all of my testing with the RE and if we get to having to IVF then his insurance will kick in when we switch clinics.

AFM, CD1 here. Even when I know we're on a month where there really isn't a chance of it working, it is so sad to me. And it probably doesn't help that I feel like crap and gained 3 lbs all because of AF.

Advertisement

slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:45 AM   #32
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
This is fun... WTF...

Attachment 123666

Gotta love THIS cycle- I don't know what's coming, going, if I should start rubbing cream, my OPK strips are positive, digital OPKs are negative... I give up. THIS is why they tell you not to try the first cycle after a m/c... You don't even know what to do when!

I see the doc Monday morning. I'm going to take in my last three charts, and let her tell me if I should start the NPC.
I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...

Last edited by Hope4More; 02-20-2013 at 09:03 AM.
Hope4More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:47 AM   #33
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Laurel- I'm so sorry about AF- I think no matter what you do to prepare for that, it is still a huge disappointment.

Hope4More- Do you have pictures of the OPKs? That is confusing! Once when we were doing IUI I had a positive OPK but negative digital- I thought the digital was wrong so we went ahead with the IUI- turns out the OPK strip was wrong and the digital became positive a week later- and that was the correct one. I would trust the digital if I were you- just because of my $300 mistake.
Love4leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:47 AM   #34
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Dp
Love4leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:18 PM   #35
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4leon
Laurel- I'm so sorry about AF- I think no matter what you do to prepare for that, it is still a huge disappointment.

Hope4More- Do you have pictures of the OPKs? That is confusing! Once when we were doing IUI I had a positive OPK but negative digital- I thought the digital was wrong so we went ahead with the IUI- turns out the OPK strip was wrong and the digital became positive a week later- and that was the correct one. I would trust the digital if I were you- just because of my $300 mistake.
Thanks. That's kinda what I'm doing. I know it's TMI, but the EWCM dried up today, and I had cyst pain Friday and yesterday (I always do when I o), so I'm thinking the first opk + (the digital one, coincidentally) might have been right. At any rate, I'm glad I had no expectations about this cycle, KWIM?
I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...
Old 11-04-2012, 03:22 PM   #36
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My first two cycles after a M/C have always been crazy wonky. Hopefully you will be back to "normal" by next month. As much as each time it happens I want to start trying again the next month, I"m kind of grateful my body doesn't cooperate because really I need that time to heal. Of course at the time I'm never happy about it but months after when I'm feeling better about life I realize that I needed to grieve. Now on my first one or two I didn't feel that way but with each one, my grieving time seems to get longer. But everyone is different in how they go through the process, this is just how it seems to be for me. This is my second cycle post loss this time around, and I think it's finally back to pretty much normal.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:22 PM   #37
slyfoxy
Registered Users

Cool Re: Blessed with children, Struggling for more Week of October 29th

I'll be thinking & praying for all you lovely ladies to get a BFP very soon. I'm sorry have read that others are having a hellish time with things.

Sorry for not being around but me an DH has been spending more time together watching movies plus getting ready for holiday seasons. Got things to do before Christmas get here plus cleaned my mothers apartment that took 2 hrs to clean but at least got paid for it. My mother maybe coming home soon after being in the nursing home for almost 3 months...

AFM: Well got my surgeries over & was very worried AF wouldn't show until maybe DEC since went through a lot of stuff but AF started just 11 days after my surgeries which great. No delay time..

My post-op APPT is Tuesday praying with all my heart our RE says really good things & says its a GO. If so we'll was going to do the medication of Femara with OPK testing an TI but then me & DH had a very long talk about things. If the RE says it's OK start TTC again we're going see if our RE will let me do femara, opk testing looking for the LH surge then do a IUI like before. I told my DH I've got a gut feeling that our winter is going be bad so we need start ASAP once again an he agree. Just now got to see what our RE says. Praying he agrees as we live 2 1/2 hrs from our RE. So we don't want to miss anymore treatments.

Well when we do see our RE Tuesday I'll be CD4 so that will be just great for taking femara. I'm so excited about hopefully getting started TTC again plus my DH said he can't wait. Just now I can get my BFP very soon. DH can't wait to get started, we've HAD any FUN, SEX or BD in over a month. So he's ready to gooo...

I feel Just GREAT with no pain on AF. I'm pain free thank goodness for the very first time in MONTHS..

I'll update after my appointment Tuesday...Fingers cross it goes great & our RE agree with us on our plan.

Last edited by slyfoxy; 11-04-2012 at 07:25 PM.
slyfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:39 PM   #38
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
I would sure look into it. Because that office is not a preferred provider for our IHC plan so IHC covers nothing there, but if I went to U of U they would cover $5000 a year with a $15000 lifetime maximum. We actually both carry insurance on the whole family. It's pretty expensive on a monthly basis, but it is so much cheaper in the long run to have them both. And they work really well together, often what one doesn't cover the other does. So for now my insurance through the district has been covering almost all of my testing with the RE and if we get to having to IVF then his insurance will kick in when we switch clinics.

AFM, CD1 here. Even when I know we're on a month where there really isn't a chance of it working, it is so sad to me. And it probably doesn't help that I feel like crap and gained 3 lbs all because of AF.
We looked into ours, it only covers 1500.00. Oh well, its worth it to stay at our clinic since our testing is done and its way closer. I have a consult appointment with the new RE tomorrow. Wish us luck! I am thinking we will walk away with a plan to do IVF. Adoption just isn't working out for us so I think we just need to bite the bullet and go ahead and do IVF, it is scary but exciting at the same time!
amyltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:30 PM   #39
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Slyfox- so glad you are feeling better. Being in pain long term sucks.

Amyltc- that is exciting news! I am hopeful for you!

Ladybug3- prayers being sent for Baby E's thaw!

AFM- doc said we are good to ttc starting today. I haven't O'd this cycle yet, and she said "they" only recommend waiting one cycle for dating purposes. SOOO, baby #2 trying starts tonight she didn't want me starting progesterone until I O, and suggested provera if I don't O in 4 weeks. I'm choosing NOT to follow that advice. If I don't O by day 24, I'm totally starting progesterone, because I need it for my NEXT cycle to O on time (it lowers my estrogen dominance for the following cycle). I can't guarantee that provera will help that, KWIM?
Old 11-05-2012, 08:57 PM   #40
JCPACandMommy
Registered Users
seller

Mel - sounds like a good plan to me! I don't even have my Follow up appt till Nov 21 and all this waiting is driving me crazy! I just want to try for the next little bean or beans!! KWIM!
Carissa~ Married to my Bestfriend and Soulmate Scott and Mommy to Aiden (04/10/08) TTC #2 after the loss of Blighted Ovum and Ectopic on Rt Ovary(10/25/12) and Blighted Ovum (07/28/13)
planning to and #2
Expecting our RAINBOW July 16, 2014!

My Ovulation Chart
JCPACandMommy is offline   Reply With Quote