Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-03-2012, 09:44 AM   #61
doulamomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

I go to sams about once a month. We buy most of our staples there. most things are a good deal cheaper, plus I love not having to do major grocery shopping once a week. So it pays for itself in gasand time spent as well.

Sent from my droid

Advertisement

Old 11-03-2012, 11:08 AM   #62
MotherMoonPads
Formerly: KeepYourBabyClose
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Dave Ramsey Support Thread Oct 29 - Nov 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by doulamomma View Post
I go to sams about once a month. We buy most of our staples there. most things are a good deal cheaper, plus I love not having to do major grocery shopping once a week. So it pays for itself in gasand time spent as well.

Sent from my droid
I'd like to start doing once a month grocery shopping too (aside from fruits, veggies and milk of course). That is part of my goal for November. On the first I went to Food 4 Less for their "10 pound meat sale" and bought meat for the month. I had to can what wouldn't fit in the freezer (which is half filled with pureed fruit), but I'm pretty happy about that. The price was definitely too good to pass up!
MotherMoonPads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:41 AM   #63
lensesforeyes
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherMoonPads

I'd like to start doing once a month grocery shopping too (aside from fruits, veggies and milk of course). That is part of my goal for November. On the first I went to Food 4 Less for their "10 pound meat sale" and bought meat for the month. I had to can what wouldn't fit in the freezer (which is half filled with pureed fruit), but I'm pretty happy about that. The price was definitely too good to pass up!
We started once a month shopping a couple months ago. I really like it. I am due 12/04 with number 5, so this month we are going to attempt two months worth.

We do make a weekly run to the grocery store to get WIC. There are four of us on it, and one of them gets nine checks (six checks are for Pediasure), so we just can't get that all at once. Especially the 13.5 gallons of milk. We can't freeze mine, either, because I have to have lactose free and it only comes in paper cartons. I will also be sending my mom to pick up the couple perishables we use a lot of that don't freeze well, like cottage cheese. I'm both nervous and excited to see how this goes. It sure would be nice to dump most of December's food budget on debt...
Old 11-03-2012, 11:44 AM   #64
hsleonard
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank the lord the power is back!!!!!! We are so blessed, we had no major damage and everyone is safe. It is an absolute mess here. It is cold and the gas supply is low. Please pray for everyone, as we start to rebuild.

DH was gone for 72 hrs straight, now he is just coming home to sleep and goes right back, it is hard but we are in such a better place than most. THe damage is horrible, I just pray the power for the rest of the state comes back soon.
I was told that the earliest we will be back in school is next Wednesday.
Thirty-one gifts
Come swag with me!!! I have earned over $100 in amazon gift cards so far
Zycon Foods -"saving money on high-quality food products."
hsleonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:48 AM   #65
bluecandi
Resident Dave Ramsey Guru
seller

My Mood:
Anyone elses motivation to be gazelle kind of wavering?? HELP!!!

Atm, I work twice a week while my girls are in mdo. Take home is 480/mo and this is snowball money. I was working an extra day or two a week and that really helped out even though I was paying for childcare and gas. But ever since I got pg with #3, I feel like I should stay home more and spend time with my two girls because I wont get as much time with them once #3 arrives. And I havent felt all that great either.
Add to that, that I would really like to quit work altogether when #3 gets here. I wont make very much with 2 in daycare and 1 in afterschool care. Ive been saying I will work my booty off this pregnancy and pay some stuff off to make it easier. But work hasnt called for extra days, and I am kinda ambivalent.
Debts we have:
Dentist 300
Cc 600
Sl 6500
Cc 9,000
Truck 9,500
Sl 16,000
House 86,500

I figure I could easily pay off the dentist and small cc rather quickly and make a small dent in remaining cc....but Im lacking in motivation. Going to go reread TMM now.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:02 AM   #66
Bumstoppers
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecandi
Anyone elses motivation to be gazelle kind of wavering?? HELP!!!

Atm, I work twice a week while my girls are in mdo. Take home is 480/mo and this is snowball money. I was working an extra day or two a week and that really helped out even though I was paying for childcare and gas. But ever since I got pg with #3, I feel like I should stay home more and spend time with my two girls because I wont get as much time with them once #3 arrives. And I havent felt all that great either.
Add to that, that I would really like to quit work altogether when #3 gets here. I wont make very much with 2 in daycare and 1 in afterschool care. Ive been saying I will work my booty off this pregnancy and pay some stuff off to make it easier. But work hasnt called for extra days, and I am kinda ambivalent.
Debts we have:
Dentist 300
Cc 600
Sl 6500
Cc 9,000
Truck 9,500
Sl 16,000
House 86,500

I figure I could easily pay off the dentist and small cc rather quickly and make a small dent in remaining cc....but Im lacking in motivation. Going to go reread TMM now.
This. Our debts are so huge it's really hard to tell yourself no in day to day life.
Bumstoppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:53 AM   #67
MotherMoonPads
Formerly: KeepYourBabyClose
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsleonard View Post
Thank the lord the power is back!!!!!! We are so blessed, we had no major damage and everyone is safe. It is an absolute mess here. It is cold and the gas supply is low. Please pray for everyone, as we start to rebuild.

DH was gone for 72 hrs straight, now he is just coming home to sleep and goes right back, it is hard but we are in such a better place than most. THe damage is horrible, I just pray the power for the rest of the state comes back soon.
I was told that the earliest we will be back in school is next Wednesday.
I am so happy that your power is back and that everyone is safe!
MotherMoonPads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:10 PM   #68
bluecandi
Resident Dave Ramsey Guru
seller

My Mood:
Well.....made a budget for the first time in a couple months. Im feeling better already