Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-30-2012, 05:51 AM   #11
WV_JLT
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Great lotto! Thanks!

#1 - the worst ting that happened to me / us is that my son was failure to thrive. I live in a rural area and his doctors were absolutely USELESS!!! Anyway, I go to school in a city, so as soon as I moved for the semester I changed our insurance address and got a new doc. He had every test known to babykind. In the end, the problem was severe tongue & lip tie. He had corrective surgery and is doing great. But, if your child is slow gaining weight and you have discomfort while breast feeding, check for tongue tie!

Advertisement

WV_JLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:44 AM   #12
daddyn4wisechix
Registered Users
Formerly: daddyn3wisechix
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Lotto- FFS Alva Pocket Diaper

Please enter me...

2) I'd say it's tied between 2 of our DDs needing surgery and when my ODD & then MDD were in a sledding accident w/DH (I stayed home w/our new baby)... I got a heads up call from DH that the girls were pretty banged up & a little bloody from sledding into a tree... I freaked right away & asked if they needed to go to ER, DH said he thought they'd be okay, but he just wanted to warn me so I didn't freak out when I saw them... 5 mins later he called me back & said they needed to go to the ER because one of them was dizzy.... I then panicked because I realized I was stuck at home because DH accidentally took MY keys so I was extra upset because I wanted to be w/my babies...

Since DH didn't know they needed to go to the ER he was already 1/2 way home & closer to a hospital by our house, so he stopped at home to give me my keys. When I opened the van door & saw my girls I about melted to the ground... they were so bruised, swollen, & bloody... I about passed out... it looked as though someone had beat them w/baseball bats... I barely maintained my composure while I reassured them that they would be okay & that mama was going to make sure they were okay, until I ran in the house & sobbed hysterically begging God to spare them from any major injuries while I grabbed my diaper bag to go to the ER.

When I got to the ER w/them w/my newborn in tow I was beside myself because I was extra emotional from just having a baby & seeing my girls wrapped up in a bloody sheet while they were huddled around DH (one under each of his arms) crying was so much to handle... they kept us waiting & waiting in the ER... I finally about lost it... I explained to them that I knew they were busy, but that my DDs needed to be seen STAT as they had sledded into a TREE & were then falling asleep after waiting for 2 HOURS at that point, which at the time I was worried meant they had brain injuries, etc...

They FINALLY got them in & after an exam, a CT scan, etc. they were deemed banged up, one had a broken nose & chipped front tooth that was graying from the impact, but no brain injuries... I sobbed again w/gratitude to God for His protection from anything more horrible & out of relief. It was 1 week before Christmas... on Christmas they had very little facial injuries left (light black eyes, minor fat lips, etc.); it was amazing how fast they healed... I had forewarned our family coming for Christmas though that they were pretty banged up & while they looked so much better compared to what they did look like a week earlier, there was still evidence of the trauma they endured... which was more apparent to someone who didn't know how much they had already healed... I didn't want anybody crying when they saw them or freaking out because it was very upsetting to see... it was one of the best Christmases ever... knowing what could have been & what was... our DDs were banged up but alive & well!
Old 10-30-2012, 01:21 PM   #13
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
Formerly: ChellySnow
seller
seller

My Mood:

Most of these stories are making me

to all the mamas that have lost LOs. We lost our 2nd and even though I carried that little one for a short time, they will always be missed.

I hope you don't mind but I'm going to share positive stuff otherwise I really will start crying.

DD1 had a slight rash only once from yeast and dd2 has never had diaper rash. I have sooo many friends that use sposies and don't get the CD thing. Several I have convinced to at least part time switch over to CD because their LOs get bad rashes... And their babies rashes always clear up.

Unfortunately (ok there's a little bad stuff) when I've lent out CDs they often go missing, get torn or badly stained. Which I really don't get because I have yet to loose, stain or tear a diaper. At least if they come back stained it means they were used!

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12
SeaChellsRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:29 PM   #14
suthrnmomto3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

1. decided to cloth diaper our last baby and bought her tiny-med gdiapers enough to last a bit and she cant deal with a ny of them...and since i have sold them i have to use sposies...im scared to buy something else for her afraid they wont work and ill be out more money...since we've tried the prefolds and gdiapers and neither worked...
Old 10-30-2012, 11:07 PM   #15
Dmcsnickerdoodle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Answering question 1. The worst thing that's happened since starting cloth diapering was when I was trying to build a stash (which I still haven't really been able to do due to lack of money) I had a woman tell me she had a bunch of diapers she would sell me for $45. She had pictures of them all (apparently she had stolen the pics) so I decided to use the money I had scraped together for disposables for the month on those. It ended up being a total scam and since I hadn't figured out PayPal yet she had convince me to gift it and I couldn't do anything about it. I ended up having to use rags until I could get a few diapers off here and I'm having to wash every day now just to have diapers for him since he's outgrown most of what he has. Thank you for such a wonderful opportunity.
Dmcsnickerdoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:50 PM   #16
lil_mama22
Registered Users
seller

1. the worst thing thats happen to me since we started cd, was not once but twice my dd pooped and it had pour out of her diaper (once we were in line at the GCDC and it went down her leg, second i was in a WIC class, i felt something warm on my leg and looked down to find poop all over the carrier and my arms)
lil_mama22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:53 AM   #17
senorajkids
Registered
seller
seller

2) I had to sell my entire stash to put gas in my car. I'm a single mom and full time student. My ex hasn't paid support in a year. Things here are very tight financially.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:02 AM   #18
kavsmom
Registered Users

Hi, would you please enter me too. Awesome offer.
kavsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:40 AM   #19
catrinagreene
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavsmom View Post
Hi, would you please enter me too. Awesome offer.
Hey mama if you want to enter please answer one of the questions about your experiences. (that's the requirement for entry)
Old 10-31-2012, 10:57 AM   #20
catrinagreene
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Awww, mamas some of these made me super sad the giveaway is brought to you by the fact my husband said that if i didn't get them off his dresser he would trash them (and I do believe him, hes so use to sposies, he has thrown one away after changing our son )

@WV_JLT: mama, if you want I think I have quite a few of the pack of samples from different places where it makes a whole quart of formula, i can do ffs if you want them.

@senorajkids: I know all about the childsupport stuff before i met my DH, i had 2 children and was a single mom, I'm owed almost $6,000 in back childsupport :-( can we say some people need to be neutered!