Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-30-2012, 08:59 AM   #11
Maeve Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Lil Shamrocks - Oct 29 to Nov 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible View Post

Over here I am doing pretty good physically but really short on patience. I have never been that patient of a person but now I am kinda feisty I find myself getting frustrated with the public and their dozens of twin comments. I hate the fact that people are STILL teasing me that this pregnancy might be twins. ( my last loss was a second set of twins so I am pretty sensitive about the subject. ) Oh and I really hate the comments I am getting about a third girl. My in-laws were rude about it, my hubby is the last boy in the line so they are mad that we have not had a boy yet to "pass on the name". I, in so many words, told them to bite me! Okay mama vent over!
I hear you on this one. Some days I just can't stand people-right now it's my family mostly driving me nuts-my parents showed up for a surprise visit arriving on Friday evening at my sisters.

Finally yesterday I asked what they were doing because up until this point they still had not shared any of their plans with me. They said they were coming over for dinner and would stay at our house for a couple of days-but that was a maybe because my dad wanted to build cupboards for my sister and he still wanted to go duck hunting that day(this is all under the impression they are leaving Thursday again because they had told me NOTHING of there travel plans). I said okay just call me in the afternoon and let me know.

3pm rolls around and nothing so I call-they tell me they are not coming for dinner and my dad acts very agitated probably because his poor time management-he is just getting started on the cupboards at 3pm and he still wants to go duck hunting. Then I said okay if you think it's going to be really late just stay the night again at my sisters. My dad-who yells and talks over you more than listen's say they will make it when they make it and they are on hoilidays-kind of like we don't have to answer to you!

I find this very irritating because when I go to my parents if I do not give a complete play by play and still basically ask for premission to go places my mother gets very anger because I need to be spending time with family and I need to be considerate.

8pm rolls around and they still are not here-I call and they say. "we aren't coming, you told us not to come if it was going to be later on!."....OKAY fine-but you think they could pick up the phone and again let me know what the plans where????????

I'm so angry by this point for the lack of consideration I am fuming and frankly don't want them to come and stay and tell them that. They demand constantly I treat and respect them a certain way and yet they do not have to show even 1 once of consideration coming back this way.

Sorry about the long rant, I just was very frustrated last night and hurt.

Advertisement

Old 10-30-2012, 09:00 AM   #12
Maeve Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

dp

Last edited by Maeve Baby; 10-30-2012 at 09:02 AM.
Maeve Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:07 AM   #13
love2row
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

QOTW - our firebox, hard drive with all of our pics, and probably me ipad or iphone (it's a toss up).

I am dragging today! DH & I were up until 11, and then I couldn't sleep. I finally drifted off about midnight only to have DS wake up. He was up until 1, and then fell asleep and the dog needed to go out. Finally drifted off again about 2 and the DS woke up for the day about 5:30. He threw a fit and wouldn't come to bed with us or watch a show like he usually does. Luckily DH was getting up and took him downstairs to play. Snoozed a bit for another hour or so, but not much. I am really feeling it now! On top of it I have a horrible headache and can't decide if it's from lack of sleep, the beginnings of a head cold, or a combo. Uggh. I'm just hoping to get through the day. I'm going to rally and get DS to a playdate in a bit, which will hopefully help.

One a positive note, I was finally able to hear this little girl's HB yesterday with my fetoscope! Yay. But I lost it when I got up to grab my watch (wanted to see what the HR was). Anyway, it was so cool to hear it that way. She's been an active little buggar and was moving around alot last night during me waking times. I guess she was being kept up too. Poor thing. Hopefully we'll all get some sleep a little later.

Also, yesterday I passed my certified personal trainer exam and also finished my Stoller Strides instructor certification. So now I need to get my butt in gear to live up to these credentials. My lack of sleep from last night isn't going to help me in this, but there's always tomorrow.
Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam & Welcoming #2 in March 2013 New SAHM & Labor Doula.

love2row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:53 PM   #14
mommajewels
Registered Users
seller
seller

Update on my 20 wk appointment.

It started off rocky. I got there and the first thing the nurse said was, "I don't understand why they have you scheduled for an ultrasound today, we don't have a tech in the office." This was confusing to me because I've been going there 8 years now and they've ALWAYS had a full time in office tech. She was very vague about it and didn't explain a thing, just said Lindsay (my midwife) would figure it out when she got in there. I was upset, obviously. The practice is an hr away and I was basically just told I had drove up there for no reason. So anyhow...
Lindsay comes in and she explained it to me. Sometime between my last appointment & today, their full time tech took a position in another office so they currently only have a temp tech who is only there on M, W, and F. The receptionist was SUPPOSED to call me so we could reschedule, but she never did. Lindsay was just as upset as I was that they never called me, so she said since she was free for a while she wanted to fire up the u/s machine & play around. I just love her! We watched baby for about 30 minutes and we all (her, another midwife, and myself) all agree'd that despite babies stubborn nature, we're definitely having a girl. We were able to identify the three lines on a few different ocassions although we never could get a very good picture. (pic in gender thread.) I do have to go Monday the 11th for the actual A/S since we weren't able to have that done today, but baby girl definitely looks great.
Everything else went good as well. My BP & urine were good, all testing has come back great, and I've gained 13lbs so far according to their chart.. so not too bad I suppose. All in all it turned out to be a pretty good appointment. I have some more pictures of miss Emersyn that I will share later this afternoon, this mama needs a nap!

Last edited by mommajewels; 10-30-2012 at 12:54 PM.
mommajewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:04 PM   #15
Maeve Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Julie sorry the u/s opt. started off so rocky. Sounds like your midwife is one amazing lady though. Congrats on the baby girl!!!!
Old 10-30-2012, 03:52 PM   #16
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Yay, another girl for team pink! SO glad that your midwife came and played around with the u/s machine for you, I would have been really pissed off if I drove an hour for nothing!
Old 10-30-2012, 06:04 PM   #17
Sunshine915
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
QOTW: laptop with all my pictures, cell phone, and extra socks. I require clean socks at all times.

We weathered the storm just fine up here in NH. We were out of power for about 24 hours, but our internet was still working. We have a portable inverter so we could power some lights and the router/modem/whatever its called. Lots of neighbors and family are still in the dark. Thankfully, it is really mild, so no one is out in the cold. My niece is at NYU and things look pretty terrible there. She's in good shape since the college is taking good care of their students, but she's basically stuck there for awhile. Great way to start off freshman year! I don't know how my BIL and SIL are handling this. They seem calm enough at least.

Still no power at DH's work. If he can't go to work tomorrow (again), he'll probably end up working the weekend. Yuck.

In funnier news, we had a late breakfast (10am) and early dinner (4pm) so I asked DH to take us out for a dessert pizza at around 7. He loved that! Hey, I've only gained 2 pounds this pregnancy, so if baby wants pizza for dessert, then that's what baby gets. I still don't know why the weight isn't sticking, but it's okay. Maybe its because I switched to fruit smoothies for breakfast? I'm 15 pounds overweight anyway, so it's all evened out I guess!
Sunshine915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:18 AM   #18
lilbitcrunchy
Registered Users
Formerly: lovnbabygabi
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeyer76 View Post
Hi everyone! Can I join in?

I know several of you from the PAL thread, so you guys will all know why I'm such a late joiner. But for everyone else, it looks like we are finally going to get our Rainbow baby after 3 losses, and I've had bleeding throughout this whole pregnancy, so it's been very stressful and we weren't sure we'd even make it this far. Yesterday was our big ultrasound and our baby girl was doing great in there! So fingers crossed for a very uneventful second half for us! I'll go post in the sticky a join "officially." YAY!

QOTW: Computer, fire box with important docs, and photos (I'm assuming purse and phone don't count since those are no-brainers along with the kiddo, hubbs, and furbabies)
Glad to see you here!

Lauren LOL at the socks...good point!

I would grab the laptop, our important papers folder thing and my phone. I'd assume we'd be getting in the car which already has a couple wraps in there

Midwife appt today and it's time to talk to them about me wanting a homebirth. Or at least revisiting whether I can handle the hospital. I'm about 70% sure of my plan for a homebirth but maybe just going to the hospital would be easier. Sigh..stupid body making me risk out for the birth center.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:00 AM   #19
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
Happy Halloween! Busy day here for me. I'm watching a friend's 8 mo old today while she goes to some school festivities with her older son. So for now I'm doing laundry and trying to babyproof the best I can. After the kids get home at 3 we have to run to the vet and pick up our pup who got neutered yesterday. Then home to do homework, eat dinner, then out to ToT. I wish Halloween festivities fell on a Friday or Saturday each year. This school night stuff is just too hectic!

QOTW: our firesafe box, hard drive with all our pics and the tote with all of the keepsakes I've kept from each kid.

I laughed out loud at the clean sock comment! I hate socks.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using DS Forum
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:42 AM   #20
hcokasil
Registered Users
seller
seller

QOTW: sheesh, i don't know, i guess photo albums, i have a lot from when i was a kid with pictures of my mom who died when i was young. All of our more recent photos are backed up on the internet, so those should be fine....i guess i'd also grab my phone, and our important papers.

i haven't been visiting here as often because all my DS time has been spent on FSOT. a baby girl is really bad for paypal! But really awesome, i can't wait to diaper in pink. i've sold a TON of our more boyish diapers and wool, and it's been so fun to have the pink coming in! i am FORCING myself to finish my 4 year old's sweater (which i don't like at all because i let him pick out the yarn...big mistake!) before i start knitting for baby girl. It's killing me because i don't like working on the sweater and i know i could knock out a pair of NB longies in a day or two! Plus, as the pink and purple yarn rolls in i get more and more excited and want to see what it's going to end up as!
Things are going well on the baby front. Although, i fell down our stairs two days ago, there was a puddle at the top from one of the boys not drying off after getting out of the bath, i didn't see it and landed pretty hard, thankfully on my back side. i was so out of whack! Then i had the strangest (for me) chiropractic appt...i ended up faintint a bit, but was only blacked out for a second or two, still weird and disconcerning, but the Doc assured me it wasn't really all that uncommon. My body doesn't feel 'wrong' anymore, but i'm still sore. Baby girl is doing great and that's really what matters!