Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-31-2012, 11:04 AM   #21
happymama1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Lil Shamrocks - Oct 29 to Nov 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine915 View Post
QOTW: laptop with all my pictures, cell phone, and extra socks. I require clean socks at all times.

We weathered the storm just fine up here in NH. We were out of power for about 24 hours, but our internet was still working. We have a portable inverter so we could power some lights and the router/modem/whatever its called. Lots of neighbors and family are still in the dark. Thankfully, it is really mild, so no one is out in the cold. My niece is at NYU and things look pretty terrible there. She's in good shape since the college is taking good care of their students, but she's basically stuck there for awhile. Great way to start off freshman year! I don't know how my BIL and SIL are handling this. They seem calm enough at least.

Still no power at DH's work. If he can't go to work tomorrow (again), he'll probably end up working the weekend. Yuck.

In funnier news, we had a late breakfast (10am) and early dinner (4pm) so I asked DH to take us out for a dessert pizza at around 7. He loved that! Hey, I've only gained 2 pounds this pregnancy, so if baby wants pizza for dessert, then that's what baby gets. I still don't know why the weight isn't sticking, but it's okay. Maybe its because I switched to fruit smoothies for breakfast? I'm 15 pounds overweight anyway, so it's all evened out I guess!
This made me laugh! I am the same way this time around, only I've gained 5. I'm not complaining...and I'm not restricting anything...just trying to eat healthy food and get regular exercise. Nothing extreme

Advertisement

happymama1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:50 PM   #22
Christylkeller
Registered Users

My Mood:

I went to Burger King today because I just NEEDED a whopper jr... well while looking at the menu board in the drive thru I saw a gingerbread cookie milkshake and HAD.TO.HAVE.IT!! OMGoodness... it was divine! Sooooo yummy! I think I have my new favorite thing!!

Homeschooling mom to A- '01, M- '05, E- '08 and G born 3/5/13 VBA3C

Always missing my 17 weeker E 7/25/11
Christylkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:25 PM   #23
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Oh the hunger...oh the pee pee trips! Anyone else either eating or peeing the ENTIRE day?
Old 11-01-2012, 12:11 AM   #24
eco-mum
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
So, my MIL is staying with us all this week and I guess it's my pregnancy hormones but just about everything she does is irritating me like crazy! Let's just hope I can make it until Monday without saying something snappy!

On another note, my pregnancy is still just flowing right along . It's been such an amazing pregnancy! And I am really looking forward to having a little boy now that I've gotten used to the idea So far I haven't had any aches or pains, but let me tell ya, ever since we've gotten back home from trick or treating it hurts to even stand up! My back, feet and legs are killing me. Hopefully I'll be better in the am! Hope everyone is doing well and had a great Halloween!
Old 11-01-2012, 09:41 AM   #25
love2row
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

eco-mum - it makes me so happy to hear that someone is having a happy & easy pregnancy. Not that mine is bad, but it's just so different from what I experienced with DS (which was easy). The fatigue and sciatica are killing me. I wake up each morning with the intention of it being a good day, and then something always seems to turn my thoughts. I need to try harder I think I've been over-extending myself a bit, and just really need to sit down and list out my priorities & what will make me comfortable & happy. Stop focusing on what other want from me. That's what today is about. I'm having a quiet day at home in my sweats with DS. Decompressing & figuring things out.
Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam & Welcoming #2 in March 2013 New SAHM & Labor Doula.

love2row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:15 AM   #26
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

eco-mum: There is NO way I could deal with my MIL in MY house! My in-laws are coming at Christmas but I rented them a home on our street. I just cannot do it. She picks at everything and drives me up a wall. I mostly email her so I can deal with my responses on my own time. She is not a bad person, in fact, she is a good person. She is just 71 years old and acts like it My mom had me young so she is only in her 50s and very much still young at heart so it is quite a contrast.

love2row: Me too, not that my other pregnancies were easy, they were twins. This has been easier but harder at the same time. Dealing with twin toddlers and a full work schedule while pregnant is putting a toll on me physically. I am interviewing Chiros this week so hopefully that will help. I have been getting tension headaches about every other day that develop into migraines. I know my upper back is out from the weight of my GIANT pregnancy boobs (34G thank you very much!). Praying this is the answer!
Old 11-01-2012, 12:50 PM   #27
Christylkeller
Registered Users

My Mood:

Anyone else suffering from serious fatigue? I am so tired all.the.time, more than I think I should be for being in the 2nd trimester. I am wondering if my iron is super low. I just ordered a bottle of Fuoridex by Salus Haus to see if that will help and I plan on taking blackstrap molasses along with it. I have an iron absorption problem and always end up with really low iron in pregnancy, but I never feel this weak.

Anyone else feeling this way?

Homeschooling mom to A- '01, M- '05, E- '08 and G born 3/5/13 VBA3C

Always missing my 17 weeker E 7/25/11
Christylkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:35 PM   #28
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

My neighbor just came to tell me that my car door has been open for over 2 hours...good to know our neighborhood is just that safe! Pregnancy brain = 1 Mom = 0
Old 11-01-2012, 03:12 PM   #29
NappyChappy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

QOTW: pictures, DS memory drawer, and laptop

Feeling pretty good starting to have a 'heavy uterus feel'. Trying to motivate myself to do more exercises but now that it's cold I really don't want to. Lost my appetite this week I have only been snacking a few times just to keep my energy up-usually beef jerky or peanut butter crackers. PLing is going great back on track with DS. Now we are going to work on getting him out of our bed! Hopefully for Christmas we will get him a bed of his own that will fit in our room.

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454524
NappyChappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:44 PM   #30
lilbitcrunchy
Registered Users
Formerly: lovnbabygabi
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible View Post
Oh the hunger...oh the pee pee trips! Anyone else either eating or peeing the ENTIRE day?

OMGosh yes! This is worst than the first tri and I thought that was bad. Gotta pee all. the. time. and I don't drink nearly as much water as I should. I can't imagine if I upped it!

Gingerbread milkshake Going to indulge in that for sure haha.