Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-06-2012, 05:52 PM   #41
kushie tushie
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by samham
I get a nephew today. My sister is being induced this morning. They are expecting a baby over 8lbs. As of last week. They are inducing because her first only took 3 hours and they are 45minutes from hospital and expect this one to go faster. I cannot wait to meet him tonight. I've got all the kids today since I've got to see 2 of my nieces and nephews born but my older sister hasn't seen any. 4 toddlers and a baby. Hope I survive the day.
Congrats! Hope everything goes well for them!
Keep us updated

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.

Advertisement

kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:10 PM   #42
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Lil Shamrocks - Oct 29 to Nov 11

Yay for new babies! Its been awhile since we've had any in our family. I'm always snuggling friend's newbies it seems.

23 weeks now! Keeping busy over here. Picked our fabric for the crib bedding over the weekend. MIL is a seamstress and will make it for us. DH started painting the armoire as well. We need to get that done ASAP as little miss' clothes are taking over my closet! DD's golden birthday is on Thursday and her friend party/sleepover is on Saturday. I worked the last 2 days so I'll spend the rest of this week prepping for the party and getting all the spa themed items/activities in order. After this weekend we'll spend the next few weeks prepping for DD's first solo performance in figure skating. Eek!

Hope everyone is doing well!
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:43 AM   #43
samham
Registered Users
seller

He was born around yesterday. He was 9lbs and 19 1/2 inches. A whopper baby for my sister who is 125 soaking wet. My Mom said they had to call for help cause his shoulders got stuck, there were 4 nurses on top of her, pushing belly, twisting legs, and so on. Baby has a few bruises but looks great.
My son is so excited about him. He keeps asking where his brother is now. 17 more weeks!
Old 11-07-2012, 05:42 AM   #44
kushie tushie
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by samham
He was born around yesterday. He was 9lbs and 19 1/2 inches. A whopper baby for my sister who is 125 soaking wet. My Mom said they had to call for help cause his shoulders got stuck, there were 4 nurses on top of her, pushing belly, twisting legs, and so on. Baby has a few bruises but looks great.
My son is so excited about him. He keeps asking where his brother is now. 17 more weeks!
Glad they are both doing well!
But wow! Pushing on a mamas tummy is *super* dangerous! That can cause the uterus to rupture. :/

Old 11-07-2012, 06:06 AM   #45
Sunshine915
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congrats, Sam! How exciting! I'm glad to hear that the birth went well, despite a little bit of a challenge.

22 weeks over here. This kiddo is a wiggler, just like her sisters. I'm getting kicks all the time, and it's awesome! Of course, it also means that she's starting to disrupt my sleep. I couldn't fall back asleep early this morning because I was getting pummeled by the little person. It didn't matter much in the end, as my kids are getting up waaaaay too early right now--thank you, daylight savings! We're going to bed at our normal bedtime, but still getting up an hour early. Not cool.

When the presidential elections start picking up again in a few years, I *really* want someone to run on the "end daylight savings time" platform. Can we say "guaranteed mom vote"? That will be my only political commentary this morning, as my FB is littered with abusive and rude posts, and I'm hoping for less anxiety by coming on DS.

In other news, I'm still fighting the potty training fight with DD2. She is awesome at home, but only when she's naked from the waist down. As soon as she gets something on her lower half (even if its just pants, no underware or trainers), it is a crap shoot (ha) as to whether she uses the potty or not. I *think* it's because of training pants confusion, but I'm kinda stuck with what else to do. When we leave the house, I really don't want to be dealing with accidents, kwim? I know she's capable--like I said, no accidents ever when naked. But, polite society prefers a clothed child (and, well, winter is quickly approaching). I will say, having a naked child run around does bring a lot of comic relief. DD2 is obsessed with somersaults, and...well, you get the picture.
Sunshine915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:42 AM   #46
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine915 View Post
In other news, I'm still fighting the potty training fight with DD2. She is awesome at home, but only when she's naked from the waist down. As soon as she gets something on her lower half (even if its just pants, no underware or trainers), it is a crap shoot (ha) as to whether she uses the potty or not. I *think* it's because of training pants confusion, but I'm kinda stuck with what else to do. When we leave the house, I really don't want to be dealing with accidents, kwim? I know she's capable--like I said, no accidents ever when naked. But, polite society prefers a clothed child (and, well, winter is quickly approaching). I will say, having a naked child run around does bring a lot of comic relief. DD2 is obsessed with somersaults, and...well, you get the picture.
Have you tried having her clothed at home? At least underoos? Maybe try underwear and leg warmers at home then when you go out put her in a dress. It worked for my younger sister (who I potty learned). Good luck!

AFM: SOOOO glad the election is OVER! I have been really really sick the last few days. This is the cold from hell. Each day I got worse starting on Saturday. Yesterday was by far the worst day, I seem to be a little better today but still down for the count. I had no idea that colds are so much worse in pregnancy! I hope this is the only one I have to experience!
Old 11-07-2012, 09:43 AM   #47
Sunshine915
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible

Have you tried having her clothed at home? At least underoos? Maybe try underwear and leg warmers at home then when you go out put her in a dress. It worked for my younger sister (who I potty learned). Good luck!

AFM: SOOOO glad the election is OVER! I have been really really sick the last few days. This is the cold from hell. Each day I got worse starting on Saturday. Yesterday was by far the worst day, I seem to be a little better today but still down for the count. I had no idea that colds are so much worse in pregnancy! I hope this is the only one I have to experience!
The problem is that as soon as she has something on her bum, she has accidents. She's in her third pair of sweatpants today and its 11:30 am! I guess I just have to just keep up with the laundry.

Oh, pregnancy colds! I almost never get sick, but it is baaaad when I'm pregnant. I've had 2 mild ones and 1 rager of a cold so far this pregnancy. My normally awesome immune system is shot. I take vitamin C and try to get extra rest to boost my immune system, but its just not enough right now. I hope you're feeling better soon!
Sunshine915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:46 AM   #48
kushie tushie
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine915
Congrats, Sam! How exciting! I'm glad to hear that the birth went well, despite a little bit of a challenge.

22 weeks over here. This kiddo is a wiggler, just like her sisters. I'm getting kicks all the time, and it's awesome! Of course, it also means that she's starting to disrupt my sleep. I couldn't fall back asleep early this morning because I was getting pummeled by the little person. It didn't matter much in the end, as my kids are getting up waaaaay too early right now--thank you, daylight savings! We're going to bed at our normal bedtime, but still getting up an hour early. Not cool.

When the presidential elections start picking up again in a few years, I *really* want someone to run on the "end daylight savings time" platform. Can we say "guaranteed mom vote"? That will be my only political commentary this morning, as my FB is littered with abusive and rude posts, and I'm hoping for less anxiety by coming on DS.

DS was like this for awhile. He was great without underwear or clothes on but as soon as he got sloths on he just peed all over himself.
So heres what I did.
Once he was very reliable naked I started to do underwear or Gerber trainers in the house (they absorbed a little more so I didnt have a huge puddle to clean but are all cotton). For the first week he peed in nearly very pair but slowly got the hang of it. When he'd pee in one I'd help him change and tell him "no, we go peepee in the potty not in our clothes."
After that he really started to get it and you could seriously see improvement from week to week. Hes have bad days but thats to be expected.

As for going out. Once we got rid of diapers they didnt come back (except for bedtime). So in public he would wear is Gerber trainers, since they absorbed more if he did have an accident, with a PUL cover over it. We took him to any potty wwe could find whenever he saw one. If he had had an accident we changed his trainer and always carried a wetbag.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:02 PM   #49
Maeve Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christylkeller View Post
Heather- the gingerbread milkshake is to die for good! I had another one yesterday! Soooo good!
I wonder if they have these in Canada???
Old 11-07-2012, 03:28 PM   #50
Maeve Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushie tushie View Post
DS was like this for awhile. He was great without underwear or clothes on but as soon as he got sloths on he just peed all over himself.
So heres what I did.
Once he was very reliable naked I started to do underwear or Gerber trainers in the house (they absorbed a little more so I didnt have a huge puddle to clean but are all cotton). For the first week he peed in nearly very pair but slowly got the hang of it. When he'd pee in one I'd help him change and tell him "no, we go peepee in the potty not in our clothes."
After that he really started to get it and you could seriously see improvement from week to week. Hes have bad days but thats to be expected.

As for going out. Once we got rid of diapers they didnt come back (except for bedtime). So in public he would wear is Gerber trainers, since they absorbed more if he did have an accident, with a PUL cover over it. We took him to any potty wwe could find whenever he saw one. If he had had an accident we changed his trainer and always carried a wetbag.

All this potty talk got me thinking about DS-he was 2 in August and I really want to get going on it so he's completely potty learned before baby arrives.. He just seems so uninterested and right now he is giving me a run for my money with his constant misbehavior. Unless I am playing with him he is getting into constant trouble. DD potty learned with she was 22 months and I just can't get motivated right now...need strenght to get it done but I already feel defeated and we haven't even got started yet.