Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-07-2012, 03:57 PM   #51
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeve Baby

All this potty talk got me thinking about DS-he was 2 in August and I really want to get going on it so he's completely potty learned before baby arrives.. He just seems so uninterested and right now he is giving me a run for my money with his constant misbehavior. Unless I am playing with him he is getting into constant trouble. DD potty learned with she was 22 months and I just can't get motivated right now...need strenght to get it done but I already feel defeated and we haven't even got started yet.
We started when DS was like 26 months. He wasnt semi reliable till be was like 27 months. Now at almost 3 he is amazing. He hasnt had an accident in like 5 or 6 months. It was brutal when we were in the middle of it but now I'm sooo happy we encourage him so much. DS and DD are 16 months apart. So by the time he was showing any signs that he was ready I ran with it.

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.

Advertisement

Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:14 PM   #52
sterlids
Registered Users
seller

Re: Lil Shamrocks - Oct 29 to Nov 11

good morning mamas, well my morning. i think i was having bh yesterday. my tummy felt like it was stretching pretty much all day and then last night around dinner time it got a bit uncomfortable. i know i wasn't dehydrated as i was drinking a ginger ale punch like crazy. the top of my belly felt tight but not the bottom. i don't remember having any when i was pregnant with my son.

i'm 20 weeks today! woo hoo the half way point! i'm hoping the second half goes by fast! i felt her kicking while laying on my side for the first time last night! she is getting so big. i can't wait to see this little lady. i remember feeling this way with lucian. i just wanted hold him so badly right at the end.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:32 PM   #53
Maeve Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushie tushie View Post
We started when DS was like 26 months. He wasnt semi reliable till be was like 27 months. Now at almost 3 he is amazing. He hasnt had an accident in like 5 or 6 months. It was brutal when we were in the middle of it but now I'm sooo happy we encourage him so much. DS and DD are 16 months apart. So by the time he was showing any signs that he was ready I ran with it.

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.
I just started typing out a list of excuses of why it will be sooo hard but I delelted it because I realize that won't change anything and I just need to do it-has to be done. Friday morning start perhaps. Wish me luck!
Old 11-08-2012, 08:40 AM   #54
love2row
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeve Baby View Post
All this potty talk got me thinking about DS-he was 2 in August and I really want to get going on it so he's completely potty learned before baby arrives.. He just seems so uninterested and right now he is giving me a run for my money with his constant misbehavior. Unless I am playing with him he is getting into constant trouble. DD potty learned with she was 22 months and I just can't get motivated right now...need strenght to get it done but I already feel defeated and we haven't even got started yet.
I'm with you. DS just turned 2.5 and he's just not really showing interest in actually becoming potty trained. We have potties, trainers, underwear, books, etc - but he still doesn't let me know when he's poopy or wet and he doesn't care! We have conditioned him to sit on the potty and then he's rewarded with an M&M (yes, conditioned because I keep having psych class flashbacks). The thing is that he asks to sit on it AFTER I change his poopy diaper. Sigh. I've kinda given up hope that potty training will happen before the baby comes. And I don't think we're down for the 3-day pantless method, mainly because we just had our carpets cleaned. It would drive DH crazy. So, I might continue to work on it when we're home, but I'm not going to really push it until he starts showing some more interest.

Sunshine - same here with the kicking and early rising. This little one woke me from my nap yesterday with a series of sharp kicks that went on for about 45 mintues! Bummer, because I really needed that sleep seeing that DS insists on waking around 5:30 and possibly during the night. I can't wait until the adjustment is over, and am praying that this early waking doesn't become a routine.
Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam & Welcoming #2 in March 2013 New SAHM & Labor Doula.

love2row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:10 AM   #55
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeve Baby

I just started typing out a list of excuses of why it will be sooo hard but I delelted it because I realize that won't change anything and I just need to do it-has to be done. Friday morning start perhaps. Wish me luck!
LOL good luck!
It's not a fun experience, I'll be honest, but it needs to be done. I'm so glad I did when we did. I muddled thought it and got it done and now i have a full potty trained 2 1/2 yr old. Excuses are easy but then you just push it off till later. I'd do it now before your super preggo and don't want to and before you have a newbie in the house.... Good luck! It's totally worth the work!
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
Old 11-08-2012, 09:13 AM   #56
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by love2row

I'm with you. DS just turned 2.5 and he's just not really showing interest in actually becoming potty trained. We have potties, trainers, underwear, books, etc - but he still doesn't let me know when he's poopy or wet and he doesn't care! We have conditioned him to sit on the potty and then he's rewarded with an M&M (yes, conditioned because I keep having psych class flashbacks). The thing is that he asks to sit on it AFTER I change his poopy diaper. Sigh. I've kinda given up hope that potty training will happen before the baby comes. And I don't think we're down for the 3-day pantless method, mainly because we just had our carpets cleaned. It would drive DH crazy. So, I might continue to work on it when we're home, but I'm not going to really push it until he starts showing some more interest.

Sunshine - same here with the kicking and early rising. This little one woke me from my nap yesterday with a series of sharp kicks that went on for about 45 mintues! Bummer, because I really needed that sleep seeing that DS insists on waking around 5:30 and possibly during the night. I can't wait until the adjustment is over, and am praying that this early waking doesn't become a routine.
Do you let him sit on the potty when you do?
Every time DH or I went to the bathroom we would let DS sit on his potty. This helped spark his interest.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:45 AM   #57
eco-mum
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
DD is 2 1/2 now and we've been having her out of diapers since about June. Some weeks she does really well and doesn't really have any accidents but then there will be a cluster of days where she just doesn't even tell us she's peed so she'll be walking around/playing with pee all over her until I see the big spot! Any advice for how to handle days like those? Also, and most importantly really, how do you start nighttime potty training? DD pees SO much overnight (she always has) so we still have to use a diaper and doubler overnight. We stop giving her liquids about 2ish hours before bed but it doesn't seem to help.. I feel like she will always be wearing a diaper at night!

Last edited by eco-mum; 11-08-2012 at 11:46 AM.
eco-mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:56 AM   #58
Maeve Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushie tushie View Post
LOL good luck!
It's not a fun experience, I'll be honest, but it needs to be done. I'm so glad I did when we did. I muddled thought it and got it done and now i have a full potty trained 2 1/2 yr old. Excuses are easy but then you just push it off till later. I'd do it now before your super preggo and don't want to and before you have a newbie in the house.... Good luck! It's totally worth the work!

The sad this is I have help like 10 children potty learn through out my life-I was a nanny for 10 years so it's not like I don't know what I'm doing. I'm just pregnant and tired and DS is relentless right now with being difficult and it feels like just one more thing I have to be on him for. Plus...I know excuses not needed but I have 4 children under the age of 4-two are 18 month olds, DS is 2 years old and DD is 3 year old all needing me. I know this won't change any thing so like I said I will just have to buck up and go for it but I feel like I have a HUGE mountain to climb infront of me if that makes sense.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:01 PM   #59
Maeve Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2row View Post

This is also DS but I feel like it will be even more difficult for him and me when there is new baby around. It's a power struggle I don't want to have with him and I worry he will not want to even more because the baby is in diapers and getting SO MUCH attention.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:03 PM   #60
Maeve Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco-mum View Post
DD is 2 1/2 now and we've been having her out of diapers since about June. Some weeks she does really well and doesn't really have any accidents but then there will be a cluster of days where she just doesn't even tell us she's peed so she'll be walking around/playing with pee all over her until I see the big spot! Any advice for how to handle days like those? Also, and most importantly really, how do you start nighttime potty training? DD pees SO much overnight (she always has) so we still have to use a diaper and doubler overnight. We stop giving her liquids about 2ish hours before bed but it doesn't seem to help.. I feel like she will always be wearing a diaper at night!
In regards to night time DD is 3 and still wearing diaper's at night. She has been toilet trained since she was 2 but at night like your DD she just pee's sooo much. Hoping it sorts it's self out soon but I know for some children night time can take quite a bit longer.