Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-29-2012, 06:31 PM   #1
lakemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Angry heavy wetter, skinny legs = leaking like crazy!!

Help!
I'm cleaning puddles off the floor like we have a new puppy! But we DON'T! We have a very skinny legged toddler who pees like Niagra Falls. I streamlined the stash to all Fuzzibunz. The OS are ok, the sized mediums I can watch the pee stream run right out the leg. Problem is that I have more than 70 of them!

I get two kinds of leaking:
1- leaking out the leg, this ,must be the fit right?
2- saturation leaking that starts from the leg area but goes all the way to the back resulting in huge amount of wetness in the back of his pants/carseat etc.

I switched from hemp+micro to bamboo prefolds as an insert. So it could be absorbtion. However about the same time though he stopped formula and started drinking a lot of watered down juice (which I'm not reducing for other reasons).

So what do I need to do?
What pocket has a better leg fit than FB? (I've tried RaR, flips, grovia, gDiapers, BG, Simplex AIO and probably a dozen others) but throw your favorites out there please!

Thanks! Hubs is ready to go to Pampers forever and I Can't do that!!!

Advertisement

lakemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:44 PM   #2
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: heavy wetter, skinny legs = leaking like crazy!!

If skinny legs pull a bit tighter or if leaving red marks try loosening. Dol uj double up in day? Prefolds work 4 us. We go all night with 2 inserts 8 plus hrs. But I have to admit not heavy wetter I think. How often do u change? Do u mix & match inserts like hemp & bamboo or mf & prefold.....? I don't know of any other more adjustable legs than fb. Hope u find ur thing. U try wool covers?
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:55 PM   #3
lakemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have wool, and did wool/fitteds in the summer when it was super hot. Works, but bulky. I tighten the legs to just before the point that they get red marks, still leaking. Using a bamboo imagine prefold now. Will try to go back to hemp+bamboo prefold and see if that helps.

I change every 1-2 hours.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:56 PM   #4
vintagegyrl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This type is not great for skinny legs, mama! Can you size down - trade with someone?? If you have 70 , is that 70 mediums? Can you trade 1/2 of them with someone for smalls. I'm sure there is someone on the Trade board who is ready to size up...
Old 10-29-2012, 07:02 PM   #5
lakemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagegyrl View Post
This type is not great for skinny legs, mama! Can you size down - trade with someone?? If you have 70 , is that 70 mediums? Can you trade 1/2 of them with someone for smalls. I'm sure there is someone on the Trade board who is ready to size up...
He's 30 months old, I think the smalls would be too small. Wearing a 24mos-2T pant, but is skinny. I have about 30 mediums and 40 OS.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:11 PM   #6
AmandaA
Registered Users
seller

Couldn't ever get a good fit with FB for my skinny leg baby either. Our go to diaper is a BG 4.0 or a tots bots easy fit. We don't have heavy wetting issues during the day per se, but when I know we are going to be out and about and worry about leaks my favorite insert combo is the newborn mf insert over a hemp (usually a joey bunz, but I have several) in my bg's or just adding a newborn mf insert as a doubler in the pocket of my easy fits.

I don't remember where I read it way back when, but it was suggested that you pair the mf insert with the bamboo/hemp because they absorb at a slower rate than the mf. The newborn insert doesn't seem like much but it seems to do the trick for us when we go 3+ hours between changes or have lots to drink or both . I didn't start cd'ing until after the newborn stage so I never thought I would use those for anything and they have become one of my favorite things. They wash really easy for me too since they aren't as thick as the regular mf inserts.
AmandaA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:15 PM   #7
lakemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Tomorrow I'm going to go back to my hemp/micro formula and also try hemp+my bamboo prefold.

Has anyone had better luck with AIOs? Looking at the BG freetime and elemental.

I just hate matching the 2 part stuffer system (which is why I switched to bamboo prefolds only)
Old 10-29-2012, 07:15 PM   #8
lakemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Tomorrow I'm going to go back to my hemp/micro formula and also try hemp+my bamboo prefold.

Has anyone had better luck with AIOs? Looking at the BG freetime and elemental.

I just hate matching the 2 part stuffer system (which is why I switched to bamboo prefolds only)
Old 10-29-2012, 09:21 PM   #9
RunAroundSue
Registered Users
seller

Can't say enough good things about Softbums. The legs adjust with elastic that's on a toggle, which makes it super easy to adjust (I do mine while they're on my son). I can adjust the legs to avoid red marks, or when he grows or we use more stuffing. I use Microfiber for heavy wetting times because it absorbs so much more quickly. I put bamboo or hemp underneath it to aborb more, but found that with just the bamboo I was getting night leaks because it couldn't absorb as quickly as it was coming!
RunAroundSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:45 PM   #10
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
This sounds like my DS between the super-soaker tendencies and the skinny little legs. Unfortunately, FB were terrible for us too :-( We have done well with BG 4.0s, Capris and Flips, all stuffed with Flip organic inserts or Thirsties size 2 hemp PFs.
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote