Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-29-2012, 09:46 PM   #11
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakemama
Tomorrow I'm going to go back to my hemp/micro formula and also try hemp+my bamboo prefold.

Has anyone had better luck with AIOs? Looking at the BG freetime and elemental.

I just hate matching the 2 part stuffer system (which is why I switched to bamboo prefolds only)
I would not go with the Elementals. I like them but they don't hold my DS nearly as well as our Flip organics.

Advertisement

lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:55 PM   #12
jam's mum
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: heavy wetter, skinny legs = leaking like crazy!!

I have a skinny legged heavy wetter too. I recently had to get rid of all our peachy greens which made me shamefully emotional. BGEs are working for us for now.

I also bought some thrift store wool sweaters and made her some (really lumpy - terrible seamstress) longies to wear over the BGEs, just in case she leaks and I don't get there in time, as it were.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:01 AM   #13
AmandaA
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakemama View Post
Tomorrow I'm going to go back to my hemp/micro formula and also try hemp+my bamboo prefold.

Has anyone had better luck with AIOs? Looking at the BG freetime and elemental.

I just hate matching the 2 part stuffer system (which is why I switched to bamboo prefolds only)
I am giving the FT's a try for overnight right now. Needed something simpler than my fitted+doubler+liner+cover for reluctant DH to use when I am not home to put it on DS. We've been dry 2 of 3 mornings so far when I add a hemp doubler. Have to say that I am honestly surprised that it has worked so well since pockets never worked since I had to overstuff them. I got mine from Diaper Jct because they had it as one of their 30 day test drive diapers. Really didn't want to buy another diaper that I may not like, so I thought this seemed like a good way to give it a try relatively risk free. Not sure if they offer that on the elementals. I know there are several shops out there that offer these kinds of love it or return it trials-you might consider doing something like that before you start destashing a buying a bunch of different things.
AmandaA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:53 AM   #14
lakemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks AmandaA-
I just bought a Freetime and an Elemental off swap to try. I'm with you in that I'm over matching two variables and stuffing. If these work, I'm getting rid of those 70 FBs!!
lakemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:54 AM   #15
lakemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks AmandaA-
I just bought a Freetime and an Elemental off swap to try. I'm with you in that I'm over matching two variables and stuffing. If these work, I'm getting rid of those 70 FBs!!
Old 10-30-2012, 07:54 AM   #16
kandacewright
Registered Users
seller

My 16 month is not really skinny legged but not clubbed either. He's just generally petite but pees like mad. I get a really good fit with Goodmamas in that he doesn't leak out the legs and they hold up well to his peeing. I can't even use any other diapers though because he will soak through them in one pee.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:08 AM   #17
lakemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandacewright View Post
My 16 month is not really skinny legged but not clubbed either. He's just generally petite but pees like mad. I get a really good fit with Goodmamas in that he doesn't leak out the legs and they hold up well to his peeing. I can't even use any other diapers though because he will soak through them in one pee.
Kandace- What cover are you using with your GMs and where do you get them for a decent price? $30 for a used dipe seems pretty steep.

thanks!
Old 10-30-2012, 10:31 AM   #18
kandacewright
Registered Users
seller

I got a suggestion from a mama here for Fluffy Diapers for covers http://www.etsy.com/shop/FluffysDiapers and so I got those to use with my GMs and wow, they are great. Like any diaper system if you wait too long th elastics will wick but I'm talking a long time. Her covers are only ten.

I do understand the feeling about buying used for thirty dollars. I guess though for me I knew I was having more kids and so I have gotten more than my fair share of use out of these diapers though I admit to adding a few new cute ones too recently, lol. But I'm back on the wagon.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:40 AM   #19
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:
SoftBums! Their adjustable legs are different than FB so that there are no "between sizes" issues.
m&m&m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:17 AM   #20
lakemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wanted to do an update for anyone having a similar problem, because I have resolved it!
BumGenius Elementals work AWESOME for us! The BG fit is good for chicken legs.
I'm also happy with Freetimes too, so I have bought a big stash of mostly Elementals, but also 6-7 Freetimes. (Yes, I jump off a cliff when I find something that works).
BUT- I also modified my Fuzzibunz Mediums. The rise was great, just too big of legs. It killed me that I was selling them for a deal when I'd just bought them 2 months ago, so I modified about 5 of them. I carefully cut an opening in the rear inside leg casing. I then pulled out 3" (unstretched) elastic and sewed the opening back shut holding this elastic in place. I used white thread, so you can only tell by the lines at the back leg casing from the outside. This has totally resolved my issue, so it wasn't absorbency but fit.
I know that I may get a couple bucks less when I go to sell them, but it's worth it to me to have resurrected my nearly new dipes!
And there are no more puddles!!!!

Last edited by lakemama; 11-10-2012 at 11:18 AM. Reason: edit