Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-10-2012, 02:09 PM   #21
LittleThingsMama638
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakemama
I wanted to do an update for anyone having a similar problem, because I have resolved it!
BumGenius Elementals work AWESOME for us! The BG fit is good for chicken legs.
I'm also happy with Freetimes too, so I have bought a big stash of mostly Elementals, but also 6-7 Freetimes. (Yes, I jump off a cliff when I find something that works).
BUT- I also modified my Fuzzibunz Mediums. The rise was great, just too big of legs. It killed me that I was selling them for a deal when I'd just bought them 2 months ago, so I modified about 5 of them. I carefully cut an opening in the rear inside leg casing. I then pulled out 3" (unstretched) elastic and sewed the opening back shut holding this elastic in place. I used white thread, so you can only tell by the lines at the back leg casing from the outside. This has totally resolved my issue, so it wasn't absorbency but fit.
I know that I may get a couple bucks less when I go to sell them, but it's worth it to me to have resurrected my nearly new dipes!
And there are no more puddles!!!!
That's a great idea! I was having this problem with my DD so I went to a mf and hemp combo. And now they are super bulky. So I just stopped grabbing them and bought simplexs. Those and elementals are great for her.

Advertisement

LittleThingsMama638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:21 AM   #22
kimsheamc
Registered Users

Re: heavy wetter, skinny legs = leaking like crazy!!

I have a very skinny-legged preemie 4 month old baby. She's about 11 lbs now. The only diapers that fit her well (that I've tried) are gDiapers, FuzziBunz One-Size, and Thirsties Duo Wraps.

With the gDiapers, I have to put more absorbent inserts in them because the ones they come with aren't enough for her. But they are great at holding everything in.

The Fuzzi Bunz one-size are great for her because I can make them tight around her thighs, without making red marks on her skin and without it being really tight around her waist.

And the Thirsties Duo Wraps have the leg gussets that have been great at keeping everything in as well. Their duo inserts are very absorbent. I've heard that their duo hemp prefold is even more absorbent but I haven't tried that one yet.

I think you're needing more absorbency along with some leg gussets or tighter around the thighs.
kimsheamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:14 AM   #23
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: heavy wetter, skinny legs = leaking like crazy!!

Glad you figured it out mama!!

We love Elementals.

If you love those you will probably love the Simplex as well. The sized and the OS both fit DD2 really well. They are out second favorite.