Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-19-2013, 04:31 PM   #1
momto2es
Registered Users
seller

Hello ladies...newbie here but with a question...

Hi! I am about 36.5 weeks right now. This is baby #3 for us....we've 2 daughters.... a 5 yr old and 3 yr old. Baby is an unknown...not sure if it's a boy or a girl!

Every day this baby flips head over heels....one minute I've a butt in my ribs, the net a head sticking out to the left. Baby will not stay put. Hands over here, feet over there....

Any other non-FTMs have experience with this? My midwife isn't too terribly concerned since I am a third timer and well, let's face it. There's just more room in there than there used to be! But I'm getting nervous. I meet with a midwife on Friday who kind of specializes in breach births, but I'd REALLY not rather have one!

I get the Webster Technique from my chiropractor weekly, don't lay back or slouch, trying some spinningbabies.com things....you name it. Kiddo just doesn't like staying put.

Thanks in advance ladies. I guess I just need some reassurance that things will be ok...I did not go through this with my other 2.

Advertisement

momto2es is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:02 PM   #2
oregonmom
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Hello ladies...newbie here but with a question...

My little girl is doing this a lot. I will be 36 weeks tomorrow. She will be my 4th living child and this is my 6th pregnancy. My midwife also says this is pretty common.
Our biggest problem with this pregnancy is that my placenta is sitting right in the middle of the front of my uterus, so there is limited things they can do to even try to turn her if we want to. Fortunently my midwife is comfortable doing a breech if it comes down to that.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:04 PM   #3
momto2es
Registered Users
seller

That is the exact same with me. My placentas all 3 times have been front and center. Luckily baby is frank breach and not footling. But still! I'd much prefer head down!
Old 02-19-2013, 08:17 PM   #4
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Does your midwife know how to turn the baby? I would say that if the baby flips that easily then just have the midwife turn the baby when you are close to going into labor or even while you are in labor. As long as you can relax then she can flip the baby. I have heard that long walks and sitting on a yoga ball helps to get the baby engaged in your pelvis.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:12 AM   #5
momto2es
Registered Users
seller

Yes, they do know how. It appears that baby has been head down since yesterday morning from what I can tell. I am hoping s/he stays that way! They did say that once contractions have started however that it is not safe to flip baby at that point. Just hoping kiddo stays head down...we'll see. This one is a stubborn baby.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:38 AM   #6
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Once the baby is engaged in the pelvis it will not go anywhere so just lots of walking, sitting on a yoga ball and "cat/cow" movement! I also had my hubby lift and squeeze my hips (a technique my midwife showed us) to open my pelvis. A few minutes later I felt her head hit my cervix!