Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-10-2012, 08:33 PM   #1
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Answer tests

Do Answer tests progressively get darker like other test do?

Advertisement

leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:11 PM   #2
mommatomany
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Answer tests

With this pregnancy, I saw a better darkening pattern with my Wondfo's than the Answer, it took a couple days to show progression, but with FRER's I got a pretty good progression. My personal opinion is Answer's have less dye.

Congratulations! I just read your other thread. It is hard to not worry early in pregnancy, especially after a loss. The maddening pee-on-a-stick sessions can make it even harder when they are ambiguous in darkness.

mommatomany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:49 PM   #3
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommatomany
With this pregnancy, I saw a better darkening pattern with my Wondfo's than the Answer, it took a couple days to show progression, but with FRER's I got a pretty good progression. My personal opinion is Answer's have less dye.

Congratulations! I just read your other thread. It is hard to not worry early in pregnancy, especially after a loss. The maddening pee-on-a-stick sessions can make it even harder when they are ambiguous in darkness.

Actually my FRERs were super light & my Answer was over half as dark as the control, but I'm trying to decide if that's as dark as they will get or if they will get darker still.

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum

Old 11-11-2012, 05:03 AM   #4
Bobbie ~1+3~
Registered Users

With my youngest dd's pregnancy, my answer tests were lighter than the control line until I was about a week late. How many dpo are you now?
Old 11-11-2012, 07:17 AM   #5
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie ~1+3~
With my youngest dd's pregnancy, my answer tests were lighter than the control line until I was about a week late. How many dpo are you now?
Not really sure...we were TTA. I can say that I am 15 dpdtd, but that's the best I can do. My boobs always give it away is the only reason I even tested. I was 9dpdtd when I got my first positive wondfo & I really though it was defective cause the dye was kind of pooled more on the right edge of the test line & looked kind of funny, and my test the next morning was so faint I thought it was an evap.

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum

Old 11-11-2012, 09:12 AM   #6
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've not used Answer, but FRERs will take a couple days to darken/progress (48hrs doubling time for hcg) and they'll get to a point of being darker than the control line - though that wouldn't be until 5wks+, likely.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:47 AM   #7
Love4leon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hi Deanna- I am also testing daily- once in the morning and once at night. I haven't seen much of a progression and I don't see my tests darkening necessarily- though they are all obvious positives- haven't gotten lighter.

When will you have your beta?
Love4leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:07 PM   #8
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

I used answer to "test out" my hcg ovulation trigger shot. So I took one every day to make sure the shot was out so I could test for actual hcg. There were about four days when the darn thing looked exactly the same, but I knew my hcg was going down (it was too early for implantation to have taken place). So likewise, I absolutely think it could take time to go the other way, too.

ETA: I reread one of your replies. I wish I had kept the progression pic I took, but it started out darker than the control. 1dp-trigger it was darker than control. 2 days it was much lighter, about same as control. 4-7 or 8 it was much lighter and was basically the same. At 10dp-trigger it was white. So to answer your other question, mine was darker than control, but only when my hcg was really high.

Last edited by RunawayBunny; 11-11-2012 at 05:15 PM.
RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:02 PM   #9
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Well I got my answer tonight (no pun intended ). It finally got darker & is just a hair lighter than the control, but its definitely darker than yesterday's & this morning's. Yes, I have POAS a LOT.

Old 11-12-2012, 05:38 AM   #10
Bobbie ~1+3~
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by leviandgarettsmom
Well I got my answer tonight (no pun intended ). It finally got darker & is just a hair lighter than the control, but its definitely darker than yesterday's & this morning's. Yes, I have POAS a LOT.
That's great!!