Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-31-2012, 05:17 AM   #11
photocat
Registered Users

Re: Charting is driving me crazy!

Yeah, trying not to obsess over my chart, it's not like it's the chart that will actually make me pregnant, right?

I'm hoping it will help me figure out if I actually O when I think I O. If it turns out I do, I may well give charting up after a few months. Although, I do kinda like the heads-up that a sudden drop in temp gives re af.

On the other hand, looking at my chart now, if I don't take into account the wonky temp from this morning and assume it should have been higher, that would mean I O'd on cd 10, whereas last month FF told me cd 14

Ok, time to take a step back and a deep breath and just temp again tomorrow.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'm going to be any good at giving charting advice

Advertisement

photocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:55 AM   #12
UVASahm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Temps are supposed to be higher if you wake up first and if you don't get adequate sleep. I showed my chart to a doctor once and he said that even the slightest rise in temperature around o time shows the day that you o. It only has be higher than the previous six temps. This sounds like a lot, but the doctor also said the best chance to conceive is before o so he said dtd every other day starting on the first day you have a lot of cm until two to three days after o. It's exhausting but it should work!!!

I also know someone who has a lot of fertility problems and one month she didn't chart and her and her husband dtd every other day for the whole month. Crazy I know, but it worked!
Old 10-31-2012, 08:30 PM   #13
c&w's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

after all my blah, blah, blah... I forgot to temp... I think I'm too relaxed
c&w's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:02 AM   #14
tedcgh
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by c&w's mama View Post
after all my blah, blah, blah... I forgot to temp... I think I'm too relaxed
Isn't that how we are we try to back off a little and then we over do it the other direction?

Ugh, I just wish I knew if I ovulated or not. This is crazy. I mostly want to know of I should expect AF to show while I am on vacation or not. My chart is so bizarre. When I read about temping I saw all of those pretty charts that convinced me that this will work. Well I am beginning to think it is not worth the effort.

Anyone want else want to submit their chart???
Old 11-05-2012, 07:23 PM   #15
photocat
Registered Users

Ok, more chart silliness!

FF has changed my O date 3 times, what's with that? Seems every time I log on it changes.

First, ff set my O date as being the cd 13, next day changed that to cd 14, next day to 13th again and today back to 14th. I had a big dip which Ff originally set as O (cd13) then a rise almost to the coverline which ff is now saying is O (cd 14).
I've had another dip below coverline which was at 4/5dpo, depending on which O date.

My chart is still looking like a mountain range

Chart link at the end of my siggy if ya wanna take a gander.

Last edited by photocat; 11-05-2012 at 07:25 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:48 PM   #16
tedcgh
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by photocat

FF has changed my O date 3 times, what's with that? Seems every time I log on it changes.

First, ff set my O date as being the cd 13, next day changed that to cd 14, next day to 13th again and today back to 14th. I had a big dip which Ff originally set as O (cd13) then a rise almost to the coverline which ff is now saying is O (cd 14).
I've had another dip below coverline which was at 4/5dpo, depending on which O date.

Ahh the DS app won't let me follow your link. I have heard of FF changing O dates when you have the dip when estrogen surges after O. It is strange that it goes back and forth.

I finally had a clear temp spike so I think I finally O'd this time. I think I had a 10 day period and then 3 weeks of green "fertile" squares on my FF calendar.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:35 PM   #17
c&w's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedcgh View Post
Isn't that how we are we try to back off a little and then we over do it the other direction?

Ugh, I just wish I knew if I ovulated or not. This is crazy. I mostly want to know of I should expect AF to show while I am on vacation or not. My chart is so bizarre. When I read about temping I saw all of those pretty charts that convinced me that this will work. Well I am beginning to think it is not worth the effort.

Anyone want else want to submit their chart???
I would if I had one! I gave up with out even knowing it

Quote:
Originally Posted by photocat View Post

Its like FF just likes to mess with you but don't worry... just get a few months under your belt and see if it streamlines a bit... or it shows that something is a little out of wack- stress can do that... it doesn't mean anything yet!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedcgh View Post

I finally had a clear temp spike so I think I finally O'd this time. I think I had a 10 day period and then 3 weeks of green "fertile" squares on my FF calendar.
that's a new one on me- haven't seen that... consider it a win to get through a whole chart and do it a few more times and see if they look similar
c&w's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:56 AM   #18
photocat
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by c&w's mama View Post

Its like FF just likes to mess with you but don't worry... just get a few months under your belt and see if it streamlines a bit... or it shows that something is a little out of wack- stress can do that... it doesn't mean anything yet!!!

Yup, it's still messin' with me, now it's set O day as cd 16, which I am pretty sure is incorrect.

But my chart is rather spiky, I suspect that's due to my wake up time...usually the kids wake me up at 6.30 am as I set an alarm for them , but lately I've been getting to bed earlier which means I wake earlier or am more wakeful before I actually wake up, if that makes sense. So, if I temp at 6.30, I may have been dozing fitfully since 6 or earlier. This morning I first woke at 5 am or so, and it's that temp which seems to have thrown things off.

And why has that temp shown up as a white circle, rather than the regular blue?

Old 11-12-2012, 12:07 PM   #19
geetabean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by photocat

Yup, it's still messin' with me, now it's set O day as cd 16, which I am pretty sure is incorrect.

But my chart is rather spiky, I suspect that's due to my wake up time...usually the kids wake me up at 6.30 am as I set an alarm for them , but lately I've been getting to bed earlier which means I wake earlier or am more wakeful before I actually wake up, if that makes sense. So, if I temp at 6.30, I may have been dozing fitfully since 6 or earlier. This morning I first woke at 5 am or so, and it's that temp which seems to have thrown things off.

And why has that temp shown up as a white circle, rather than the regular blue?
It shows up as a white circle instead of blue when the time is off. If you normally temp at 6:30 and you enter a temp in at 7:30 it would be white because your time isn't consistent with what is normal for you. It's an indicator that the temp could be inaccurate. If I temp earlier or later I automatically correct the temp with the 1/10 rule and then input the temp at my normal time so my circles are blue....the white bugs me! .

My chart is whacktastic this cycle too! I think I finally O'd this morning, but my temps are all over the place the last couple days. My DH thinks the time change is making a difference with me. We'll see.