Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-30-2012, 10:15 AM   #1
Ryder
Registered Users
seller
seller

Si joint pain help!

I tweaked my lower back getting up from sitting on the ground this morning and now I'm dying in pain. Ok maybe that's dramatic but still.
I'm 33wks laying down with a hot pack took some Tylenol. What else can I do? This is terrible and I'm just not sure what to do!!

Advertisement

Happily married to "M" and loving life with my toddler "B" 8.17.10. Waiting for #2, my christmas baby!!
Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:13 AM   #2
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh, mama, I'm sorry, I feel your pain! I did the same thing when I was about 20 weeks with my DD. I ended up in the ER getting morphine shots because I couldn't move and was vomiting from the pain when I tried to. I also ended up taking Vicodin for about 4 days afterwards... but it did get better quickly after that! Good luck, I wish I had better suggestions for you.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:03 PM   #3
jlsquire0324
Registered Users

I would consider seeing a chiropractor to make sure everything is aligned correctly and that tweak didn't move things around. I hope it resolves itself and you feel better soon!
jlsquire0324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:04 PM   #4
Ryder
Registered Users
seller
seller

So sorry you have been through this too, it is terrible! But I'm happy to know there can be an end in sight. If its not improving tomorrow ill call my OB. I can't get comfortable right now and have no clue how I will sleep tonight
Happily married to "M" and loving life with my toddler "B" 8.17.10. Waiting for #2, my christmas baby!!
Old 10-30-2012, 12:06 PM   #5
Ryder
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsquire0324
I would consider seeing a chiropractor to make sure everything is aligned correctly and that tweak didn't move things around. I hope it resolves itself and you feel better soon!
I called one nearby but b/c of Sandy I think a lot of places remain closed around here. I can't find any that even mention taking care of pregnant patients on their websites though and that makes me nervous
Old 10-30-2012, 12:09 PM   #6
jmb162
Registered Users
seller

Ice packs. You don't want to use heat. I had horrible SI joint pain during pregnancy. Going to the chiropractor was the only thing that helped me. Hope you feel better!
Old 10-30-2012, 12:18 PM   #7
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Re: Si joint pain help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsquire0324 View Post

I agree with this.

I had a miserable 2nd pregnancy b/c of joint pain. The chiro was a miracle.

I highly recommend going for a few visits. It helps SO MUCH with pregnancy comforts.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:20 PM   #8
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryder View Post
I called one nearby but b/c of Sandy I think a lot of places remain closed around here. I can't find any that even mention taking care of pregnant patients on their websites though and that makes me nervous
Well, the anatomy of your spine and your other bones doesn't change b/c you are pregnant, so they don't need to "specialize" in pregnant women. KWIM? They are just making sure everything is aligned and moving properly.

Maybe when some places open, try calling around and asking. I've never met a chiro that DOESN'T see preggo women.

Is there something in particular you are nervous about?
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:36 PM   #9
AniMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

I am 30 weeks and have same issue.

ICE ICE ICE and see physical therapist. I saw mine on friday morning (barely able to walk). He did a few very gentle adjustments and iced my back. By lunch I was feeling 100% better.

You don't need to be in pain over this.

I have to go back to get strengthing exercises to keep SI/pelvis aligned. In fact I should call him right now.
AniMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:12 PM   #10
Ryder
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks ladies!! I just called one nearby and have an appt Friday. It is unfortunately the only day I have care for my two year old. I will ice until then and try and survive.
I guess I'm just so hesitant because I've never seen a chiropractor and don't know anyone who has so I don't even have anyone to recommend someone for me.
Thanks for all the advice!