Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-30-2012, 12:42 PM   #1
Registered Users
mternity compression hose ?

I'm almost 25 weeks and having some nasty vein pop up on my calf. I asked my OB who told me to get the nursing compression thigh highs since they're available locally, but I know I have some spider veins on my thighs I don't want to get worse. So, have you used a type of full length hose that you'd reccomend? (I think the open toe would be more comfy) My grandmom, mom and her sisters all have bad varicose veins, so I'd like to do what I can now to help the situation! thanks.

gghmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:34 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: mternity compression hose ?

I can totally relate with you Mama. I developed varicose veins with my second pregnancy and am currently pregnant with our 5th. They have gotten worse each time but I know wearing the compression hose have helped...if nothing else, they help ease some of the pain by the end of the day!
I have always gotten a prescription from my OB for the full-length hose except for this time, I wanted to try out the thigh-high kind, since I really only have 1 leg (and crotch area) that have the bad veins. My other foot has started to show some veins coming out, but not bad yet.
Anyway, I have liked the thigh-highs a lot more than the full-length! They are more comfortable IMO and there is less discomfort on the belly area. The brand I have now is Sigvaris (I might have spelled that wrong...) and they are also open-toed.
I am glad you are going to do something about them... because you are right, they tend to be hereditary and they only get worse as the pregnancy goes on and with subsequent pregnancies.
Best of luck to you!
Leah, Jesus lover, wife to youth pastor Todd
and loving being a Homeschooling/SAHM to 6 boys!
Mummandherboys is offline   Reply With Quote