Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-31-2012, 09:56 PM   #11
ACSNMama
Registered Users,br>Formerly: Mrs***08
seller

Re: How can I turn this breech baby

You have time!! I did hip circles a lot.

My first was a boy, breech until 39 weeks.
My second was a girl, she was head down when she needed to be.
My third was a boy, breech until 39 weeks.

I know it's very uncommon for babies to turn as late as mine did, but here is an offer of hope!

Advertisement

ACSNMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:20 PM   #12
garness
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ok, this baby is not moving. His head is at my right rib cage and body at an angle down to my left. I have done the inversions today a couple times, but I can't physically hold that position for 10-15 minute. Ice packs are having no effect.
I had my appointment with the midwife today. I am 33+5. She didn't act concerned, if fact she didn't say much. I think they may do an ultrasound though. I told her he has been persistently breech for 2 solid weeks.
COuld he be too big to turn?
Old 11-01-2012, 07:05 PM   #13
RachelFlores
Registered Users
seller
seller

It is doubtful that he is too big to turn at 34 weeks, the ultrasound can make sure there is enough fluid for him to turn, but won't telly you anything accurate about the size of your baby (and don't believe them if they do tell you it is accurate, after 34 weeks all utrasound weight measurements are +/-2 lbs in accuracy).

You still have time for him to turn. My midwife told me of moms whose breech babies turned in early labor so there is always hope. Before my baby started turning at 37 weeks, he had been breech since at least 32 weeks. He wasn't a flipper, he just sat there head in my ribs and feet kicking down (wierdest feeling ever) the whole time and he still had room to turn, he just didn't want to turn. I also did a lot of "belly dancing" hoping it would give him room to turn. I know having a breech baby is SUPER stressful. If you can, take some time and try and relax, of course it is so much easier to say than do. I hope he turns for you soon.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:51 AM   #14
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
#3 was breech my whole pregnancy until a few days before 39wks, then he turned and my water broke! He waited until the last minute!!!
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:37 PM   #15
garness
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had my appointment yesterday. The midwife was very relaxed about the whole thing, but she is very layed back anyway. I reminded her about what she said regarding VBAC and she just said to get an ultrasound before my next appointment. So the nurse called today and scheduled one for the 12th. I am just hoping he will turn before then. So far his head just moves from one side of my rib cage to the other. He doesn't care about his head getting ice packed and the inversions arent' working. I have another chiropractor appointment, but they didn't have a spot until next wed. Should I schedule a acupuncture appt?
Old 11-05-2012, 11:53 AM   #16
garness
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm getting so stinkn worried. Babys head is at my right rib cage.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:03 PM   #17
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

try not to worry mama. As many have pointed out, some babies do wait until the last moment to turn.

I would schedule the acupuncture if you are comfortable with it. I don't think it could hurt to try one more thing. It could be the thing that works! OTOH, I don't know a ton about it, so take that for what it is.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:16 PM   #18
wittyvitty
Registered Users
seller

Keep thinking positive )
wittyvitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:00 PM   #19
dudleypippen
Registered Users
seller
seller

My LO turned breech at 36 weeks and stayed like that for 4 nerve racking days. I did lots of the spinning babies techniques, to no avail. What finally turned him was using a rebozo (or large scarf, whatever you have) and having my midwife gently rock him while I was on my hands and knees. Within 15 min he turned transverse, that evening he was cephalic again. I've also heard pulsatilla can work, but I couldn't find the right strength locally. Good luck mama, I hope you get your vbac!
Old 11-06-2012, 01:55 PM   #20
garness
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh, I'm stressed. My chiropractor office called and they had to cancel my appointment tomorrow because she is out sick. I have only had one treatment in two weeks now, since I was sick all last week. Ugg..... What to do. I feel like I am just full of negative energy. I'm going to try and get an appointment with the acupuncturist. I also had to miss my calm birth class on Sunday because I was sick in bed all that day. Its Tuesday and I am finally about to move about a little.