Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-30-2012, 08:30 PM   #1
mmmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Christmas gift help

My son has a fascination with Beavers. He takes 4-5 book out of the library each week about them, pretends to be them and talks about them all the time.
The only thing he has asked for as a Christmas gifts is a Beaver toy which wouldn't be too hard but he is very specific. He would like it to be a stuffed/soft Beaver and for it to come with a tree that the Beaver could chew down and then have the tree be Velcro so it can go back together. I know this is a crazy long shot but does anyone know of anything like this or someone who could make something like this.
He told me today that this is the only thing he wants and anything else he wants Santa to give to other children who don't have as many toys as he does

Advertisement

Old 10-30-2012, 08:38 PM   #2
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Christmas gift help

Oh how sweet... I hope you can find a wham to make one! (I live in Oregon ... One of our colleges the Mascot is the Beavers. My son is loves his Beavers hat. There are lots of "Beavers" merchandise like hats and jackets.)

IF you could find a stuffed beaver maybe some one could just make the tree. I think the tree could be made in layers. Maybe like star shapes. With velcro inbetween the layers.
http://www.globalsugarart.com/produc...FQzhQgodLT4AQw

This is a cookie tree but kinda the same concept.

Good Luck! Your son sounds very sweet!

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:59 PM   #3
need some diaps!
Registered Users
seller

That is the sweetest thing Hope you find that for him!!
need some diaps! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:38 PM   #4
BoyCrazy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Aww! Your son sounds so sweet! I hope you can find the right thing for him. I think Rdesonia had a great suggestion. Good luck!
BoyCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:51 PM   #5
babynme8
Registered Users
seller
seller

Could you cut a branch and remove the bark and cut into a few peices and staple velcro rounds the the ends? You could maybe even paint the top green to look like leaves. I did find this super cute beaver:
http://www.smithsonianstore.com/toys...ver-68148.html

ETA: You wouldn't have to remove the bark but it might be kinda messy. You also might want to bake the wood in the oven for a few mins to kill any bugs etc. or you could buy a think dowel rod if you didn't want to damage any trees. Good Luck I hope you can come up with something.

Last edited by babynme8; 10-31-2012 at 04:53 PM.
babynme8 is offline   Reply With Quote