Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-31-2012, 07:28 AM   #1
Celeste
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Anyone have a Presto pressure canner?

I really want to get into canning some of my own food. I found this on Craigslist, and it seems like a good price. The reviews on Amazon sound pretty good, just hoping for some input from you ladies. Does anyone have this one? Is it easy to use for a first timer (me)?

http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/app/3318322849.html

Advertisement

Old 10-31-2012, 10:53 AM   #2
kkleinman
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I do not have this one, i have an older one but they are all pretty simple to use. I can all of our beans, chili, spaghetti sauces,..... i hate to buy these things from a store. Make sure the canner is the size you want. It can get frustrating to do several batches back to back. If you really want to jump in with both feet i would recommend getting a bigger pressure canner. I have one that holds 7 quart jars and i really want one that holds 14 double stacked.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:30 PM   #3
RJ6Mommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Anyone have a Presto pressure canner?

I own that one and I am a beginner and it works great. I bought mine from craigslist to and it was used by a master canner so it was safe and I think I paid like $35 used so I would get it if I were you.
Erin married to Justin since 3/2/02 , EBF, CDing, BWing, vaxing, SAHM to 7 Kids, 6 on earth and 1 in heaven. Ruben James 9/10/99 , Robert Justin 10/5/02 , Rebecca Joy 12/5/03 , Raychel Jolee 3/30/05 , **Russell Jack RIP 12/14/06**, Rylan Josiah 7/3/08 , Ramsee Jayce 4/24/11
RJ6Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:58 PM   #4
MotherMoonPads
Formerly: KeepYourBabyClose
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone have a Presto pressure canner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkleinman View Post
I do not have this one, i have an older one but they are all pretty simple to use. I can all of our beans, chili, spaghetti sauces,..... i hate to buy these things from a store. Make sure the canner is the size you want. It can get frustrating to do several batches back to back. If you really want to jump in with both feet i would recommend getting a bigger pressure canner. I have one that holds 7 quart jars and i really want one that holds 14 double stacked.
I believe the 23 quart one double stacks

Just make sure that you have enough room to use it. My stove is VERY small, I had to go with a single staking 16 quart canner because there just wasn't enough room for the height of the 23 quart one.

I would buy the one linked in a heartbeat
MotherMoonPads is offline   Reply With Quote