Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-31-2012, 07:08 PM   #11
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Peeing everywhere...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyM&W View Post
Definitely a lot to ponder. I think he's doing it because he is thinking since its ok to pee outside that he can inside too? Yes...he does pee outside. We do not feel like there is anything wrong with that.
I'm going to start with the rewards system. See how that goes and go from there. If I exhaust all the opinions shared on here ill have to ask the Pediatrics for advice. thanks again everyone!
I think there is a power struggle/emotional component for sure but the urinating outside is likely contributing. Children are not "grey" area beings at that age. It is black or white. I would be as calm as possible, he must clean it up, and there is no peeing ANYWHERE but a toilet.

Advertisement

Old 11-01-2012, 12:22 AM   #12
mjg2043
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyM&W
Definitely a lot to ponder. I think he's doing it because he is thinking since its ok to pee outside that he can inside too? Yes...he does pee outside. We do not feel like there is anything wrong with that.
I'm going to start with the rewards system. See how that goes and go from there. If I exhaust all the opinions shared on here ill have to ask the Pediatrics for advice. thanks again everyone!
Yeah no. I think allowing the peeing outside is confusing and really not appropriate either in most cases. He needs to be using the toilet exclusively until this passes.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:09 AM   #13
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I went through the same thin with kara this summer. Nothing worked, but telling her she wasnt going to be able to o back to prek and that her teacher would be sad she couldnt go anymore. Lol! I tried EVERYTHING...yelling, reasoning, punishing, her cleaning it, rewarding her for the potty, bathroom schedules, etc...

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:23 AM   #14
daddy4manlycds
Registered Users

My Mood:

Rub his nose in it. No, just kidding.
Try making a game out of it. Put a couple of Cheerios in the toilet and tell him to try and hit them with his pee. Keep some handy so he can throw them in when he has to go pee.
daddy4manlycds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:36 PM   #15
MothyrGrimm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Is there any movies he really really likes? I've seen a bunch of toilet decals on Etsy that are pretty cool or ones that are bullseye's too. Things like Harry Potter, Star Wars, etc. Decals for the inside of the toilet for "aim practice" maybe he'd think they were exciting since it's more so a game?