Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-02-2012, 12:21 PM   #11
olstep
Registered Users
Formerly: MyVeryBest
seller

Re: Breaking swaddle/sleep training 9 month old

Mama knows best! My only point was to take other advice with a grain of salt, not to criticize you.

I was still swaddling my son with one arm out when he was almost two. I used technique described in "The Happiest Baby on the block" and it did work. Or maybe he didn't try too hard. LOL

Advertisement

olstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:31 PM   #12
ExpatMama1990
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyVeryBest
Mama knows best! My only point was to take other advice with a grain of salt, not to criticize you.

I was still swaddling my son with one arm out when he was almost two. I used technique described in "The Happiest Baby on the block" and it did work. Or maybe he didn't try too hard. LOL
I totally understand where you're coming from and if she keeps waking at night and is only settled with a feed, then we'll deal, because I'd rather she be soothed than left to cry. I'd just really like to find an alternative method to at least try and see if we can figure something that will work for all of us

I'm not opposed to getting up at night with her, just don't feel like we're using the right method to settle her ATM!
Old 11-02-2012, 01:49 PM   #13
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Breaking swaddle/sleep training 9 month old

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatMama1990 View Post
She did the same as my first daughter and stopped waking for night feeds for a few weeks, then started this. It's just turned into a habit...
this is what happened with DD. She stopped waking up at night to feed for awhile and then she had a sleep regression and started waking up again.

I wrestled with whether I should feed her or find another way to get her down. It's not an easy decision and I often wonder if I was wrong. but since she was and remains a 90-100th percentile child, I guess I certainly didn't stunt her growth!

My gut told me a ton of things, but ultimately, I decided she was waking up because of the issues related to her regression/age and not because she suddenly changed her mind about eating at night.

you have to do what you believe is right for your child.