Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-26-2012, 06:27 PM   #251
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Re: November Chicken Chat Thread~~~Join in!~~~

Congrats Sarah! Are you sure the splash is a girl?

Advertisement

3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:54 PM   #252
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh for sure. Here is a pic:

Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:56 PM   #253
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

One more, lol:
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
Old 11-26-2012, 08:06 PM   #254
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

She's so pretty. Maybe with the neglect it's just going to take her longer to mature.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:15 PM   #255
Squeaky McMurdo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My hubby agreed that we can get chickens!

Ok so I have found several tutorials for incubators. What do you ladies do? I am fortunate enough to have an electrician husband so I can probably go high tech on this. lol. I have decided that I can get better genetics especially in the Welsummers I want if I trade someone on BYC for hatching eggs. It can double as a homeschool project, right?

My ISO/IHA I'm looking for a Cosco Pronto cover in "Cars" preferably.
Squeaky McMurdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:20 PM   #256
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sarah JUST saw your question..WE NEVER found anything to help with our chicken with the missing hair. However, she layed great, ate great, and was an awesome chicken LOL
Follow me at The Whole Adventure I AM DESTASHING EVERYTHING. FROM BGE ORIGINALS, ALVA BABY POCKETS, PREFOLDS, THIRSTIE DUO SIZE 2'S POCKETS GOODMAMAS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE ISO ANYTHING
igotmywings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:28 PM   #257
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

hahah Sarah the chicken hoarder JUST emailed me!!
Follow me at The Whole Adventure I AM DESTASHING EVERYTHING. FROM BGE ORIGINALS, ALVA BABY POCKETS, PREFOLDS, THIRSTIE DUO SIZE 2'S POCKETS GOODMAMAS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE ISO ANYTHING
igotmywings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:32 PM   #258
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

I have a pip!! 9:20pm PST

Egg #3, one of Lacy's. It's the narrow long egg and it would seem baby couldn't rotate so it's pipped the end opposite the air cell. FX it makes it out ok. Sorry the pic is so blurry, hard to take a pic thru the glass.

Last edited by 3lilbubs; 11-26-2012 at 11:02 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:24 AM   #259
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs View Post
She's so pretty. Maybe with the neglect it's just going to take her longer to mature.
I was scared she was way too old? Her skin and feet point to older. Solomon was in the pen with her at his place and he shows no interest. You think she may be young?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky McMurdo View Post
My hubby agreed that we can get chickens!

Ok so I have found several tutorials for incubators. What do you ladies do? I am fortunate enough to have an electrician husband so I can probably go high tech on this. lol. I have decided that I can get better genetics especially in the Welsummers I want if I trade someone on BYC for hatching eggs. It can double as a homeschool project, right?
No way!!!! Congrats! I love the chic chick bator design on byc that Liz did, I followed, lol. I want to use a long cooler next time with 2 lights. There is a guy on youtube that shows how to use the thermostat right next to the bulb for more accurate controll. Even how t drill holes through it for a better temp reading. A wafer therm has to be in a diff location. How often do you plan to use it? That would determine size. Just the small one in the tut on byc hold a good deal. PLEASE share some pics on how ya do yours!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotmywings View Post
hahah Sarah the chicken hoarder JUST emailed me!!
Well, I'm glad to hear she led a norm life. Thanks for finding that question, lol.

You know you have to tell me what he said, right!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs View Post
I have a pip!! 9:20pm PST

Egg #3, one of Lacy's. It's the narrow long egg and it would seem baby couldn't rotate so it's pipped the end opposite the air cell. FX it makes it out ok. Sorry the pic is so blurry, hard to take a pic thru the glass.

No, no, no.... Oh Liz. Watch it carefully. Mine that just did that couldn't rotate to unzip any further and her membrain stuck like cement. I had to cut her free. Just watch that one extra close to make sure it doesn't run into trouble. Like you arn't already! lol I know your watching hun, non-stop!

So I have night terrors. This am it was about a huge German shepard attatcking the chicks. I ran to the window in a panic. Ready to grab a gun when I realised it was just my dreams, as usual. Ugh.

The chicks are great this am! Even the one I wasn't so sure about!
3 yellow, must be mixed and 2 blk. The eggs are identical. Who the heck could throw a yellow chick? AHHH!! All my girls are dark that are old enough to lay. Only one is the splash that has a vent too small to lay and the brhama-too young. I havn't seen either mate or lay in a box. No interest from Solomon either. The others are blk,chestnut, bls,rsl(?could it be hers?), blue, br. They only have very lightly feathered legs.

I have 1 pipping, and 3 others-nothing yet. I'm only on day 20 though. I'm finding all this earlyness weird. I have checked the dates on them and the callender 100X!

At least it's looking like a good success rate.

MELISSA-Where'd ya go???!!!

I keep thinking I forgot to reply to someone?
Old 11-27-2012, 06:38 AM   #260
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Patients is 7.9 oz this am!!!!!!!!! WooHoo! That's a gain of .5 from yesterday am.

Gotta run to town to get chick feed. Ugh, I was just up there and thought I was good. Should have just bought some, lol.