Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-02-2012, 02:36 PM   #21
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: November Chicken Chat Thread~~~Join in!~~~

The green's are C13.

Advertisement

Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:46 PM   #22
Nielsen6
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hey Sarah, those are Blue Laced Red Wyandottes (well, splash versions). I have 3. Gorgeous birds, you lucky duck getting 10 hatching eggs for $2! Holy Moley! I'm so jealous, I need an incubator....no I don't haha.....
Fodie, mama to DD 9/15/04 DS#1 6/11/07 DS#2 7/7/08 DS#3 5/19/10 Due September 2014!
Nielsen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:47 PM   #23
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Wow, Sarah! The ones pictured and as you described are blue laced red wyandottes for sure, lucky! The blues are def ameraucana, white with black speckles could be lots of things but java and silver hamburg come to mind? How fun! I am so trying to sit on my hands here. I've had trigger finger over a swedish hen clutch on ebay all week! LOL
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:59 PM   #24
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks Gals!!!! I"m so dang tickled, like better than Christmas! Thought Ray was gonna have my booty boy, lol. He didn't give a hoot. Yay! I can't even tell you how honored and excited I am to have gotten these. I really hope they are good and fertile. I wonder what this small light cram eggs is? I just realised one of the green eggs are more blue. Ah, I wanna run laps around the yard I'm that excited. Liz, you know how badly I have wanted some. I still can't wait to get some from you. Ahhhh! So these tan eggs are from the wyandotes in the pen then? The one in the centre front of the pic had a big rose kind of comb and the one next to it had a huge single. Awsome looking.

Thanks so much!
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
Old 11-02-2012, 03:36 PM   #25
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Well honestly the odds are more in your favor of a good hatch with non-shipped eggs. With mine we'll hope for 70% because that's more realistic all things perfect. Ugh, I swear if I had somewhere to put them I'd be hatching me some swedish hens. LOL Gotta wait till I have another pen.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:52 PM   #26
Nielsen6
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think Winnie is laying her first egg! Oh gosh I am so excited, hope she hurries up. Lol. I'll post pics if she does. Assuming I am correct.....

ETA: She is making a nest I believe, taking pieces of straw and putting them on her back. She is not laying in her nesting box though, poo. How can I change her laying behavior once the coop is done?

She did! What a perfect little pullet egg. I am a proud chicken mama.

Fodie, mama to DD 9/15/04 DS#1 6/11/07 DS#2 7/7/08 DS#3 5/19/10 Due September 2014!

Last edited by Nielsen6; 11-02-2012 at 04:29 PM.
Nielsen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:26 PM   #27
themrshunt
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Those eggs are great! Awesome deal too. and such pretty chickens. Maybe after I move I will make a field trip to your place for some chicken tips.
themrshunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:05 PM   #28
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

congrats Fodie!!! Nice size too!
Old 11-02-2012, 06:16 PM   #29
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Liz, I know, they are georgious. It's so hard to stop putting eggs in the thing!

Fodie, congrats girl! Perfect egg too!

Whitney, any time! I'd love to have you over! Wish I had some irl chicken momas friends, lol. Or at least some gardening or homesteading ones, hehe. It's harder than highschool to make like minded friends.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I just got back from waiting 1 HOUR for a no show over a $10 game. I'm SOOOO sick of people doing this to me. Immagine loading up wild tired boys and waiting an hour in the car for no shows all the time. AHHHH! Flippin rude people. This is the 3rd time, maybe 4th!

Hey, got a new humidity and temp thing for the bator. No wonder the eggs are late to hatch, it's only 95. My thermomiter was wrong! I LOVE it! Tells me the high and low of both too. What it got up to today ect. Only $9 at walmart. Also got another big bin, feeder, waterer, light, and pine chips. Wanted something fluffier. I'll get a pic of the new setup. Me and my pics, haha. Such a geek I know. It's the only fun I really get.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:24 PM   #30
Bumstoppers
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I want blue eggs!
Bumstoppers is offline   Reply With Quote