Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-01-2012, 10:26 AM   #11
Bear Family
Registered Users
seller

Re: What shoes does your 3 yo son wear

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapethevillage View Post
I would get the rubber tipped shoes. http://www.shoebuy.com/stride-rite-s.../457666/969624 Something with the tips like this.

Oh, I like those, thank you!

Advertisement

Bear Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:04 AM   #12
lizgrace07
Registered Users
seller
seller

Keens are practically indestructible. I have three boys and the Keens are always still good enough to pass down several times.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:03 PM   #13
somo_chickenlady
Registered Users

My Mood:

DS is 13 now, but when he was 3 he only wore Stride Rite shoes. He was a very active boy (he's a lazy teenager now lol) and all of his shoes lasted and were in good enough condition to pass on to my friend who is using them right now.

After 12 years of TTC #2, multiple miscarriages, failed infertility treatments, and two failed (not on our end) attempts at becoming foster/adopt parents in two states...we gave up. I stick around for the awesome conversation.
somo_chickenlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:18 PM   #14
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by somo_chickenlady
DS is 13 now, but when he was 3 he only wore Stride Rite shoes. He was a very active boy (he's a lazy teenager now lol) and all of his shoes lasted and were in good enough condition to pass on to my friend who is using them right now.
I buy my 3 yo DS stride rite as well. He has very wide feet and their wides fit well. He also has a pair of crocs that used to be ODD's and they have held up to a serious beating

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers
Fashionably Green Baby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:41 PM   #15
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:
Keens. My 4 year old daughter has been wearing her Keens for ... I think almost a year, wow. Anyway, I will definitely be able to pass them down to her brother. They look like they've hardly been worn, but I know what they've been through.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:48 PM   #16
melfinn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If DS is playing hard outside he is mostly in his rain boots. We have two pair bc he is always getting a pair wet. We love mud puddles and the hose! He has stride rites that are super easy to put on and for a while he was just wearing skidders but I can't find them big enough. We will probably go from rain boots to winter boots here as I like his feet protected.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:46 PM   #17
somo_chickenlady
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionably Green Baby View Post
I buy my 3 yo DS stride rite as well. He has very wide feet and their wides fit well. He also has a pair of crocs that used to be ODD's and they have held up to a serious beating
Yep, DS had to wear extra wide shoes, and Stride Rite were the only ones that fit him correctly. Thankfully his feet have narrowed a bit as he has grown, so he can wear "normal" shoes now.

I also love Keens. I have a few different pairs of them, DH has the sandals, and DS used to wear their shoes and sandals as he was growing out of the need for extra wide shoes.

After 12 years of TTC #2, multiple miscarriages, failed infertility treatments, and two failed (not on our end) attempts at becoming foster/adopt parents in two states...we gave up. I stick around for the awesome conversation.
somo_chickenlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:51 PM   #18
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Tharen wore soft soles until he was about 3 and then went into DC and Osiris sneakers because they are the only sneakers that fit his super wide feet. Kearnan wore Converse All Stars. I love Converse sneakers and prefer to wear them myself. If I could figure out how to get them to fit Tharen that is what I would buy for him. They have flexible soles and come up over the toe. Kearnan wore a pair for 2 years and didn't wear them out.
iris0110 is online now   Reply With Quote