Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-13-2012, 12:31 PM   #201
sahmofthree
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: The 25lb Challenge November thread

Great loss Christina!! I'm green with envy!

Awesome attitude Kimmie! It's definitely tough to not get discouraged, I know how you feel! I've been wavering around 170 for weeks now, but I know it's my own fault for not being motivated and trying hard enough. Funny how the weight is sooo tough to get off, but a couple slip ups and the pounds pack on like nothin'.

I haven't been getting much sleep lately, only 5-6 hours a night for the past 5 nights now. Too much company lately, just need to decompress a bit! It seems the amount of sleep I get always directly correlates to how my diet goes. If I'm even a bit tired then I'm in a bad mood and lose my motivation and just don't care about eating well or working out. So I'm doing my best to be aware of that today and still make good decisions, even if I don't have the energy to work out later. I wish my kids were still younger and I could make everyone have a nap!

Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 12:39 PM   #202
mms1972
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmofthree
Great loss Christina!! I'm green with envy!

Awesome attitude Kimmie! It's definitely tough to not get discouraged, I know how you feel! I've been wavering around 170 for weeks now, but I know it's my own fault for not being motivated and trying hard enough. Funny how the weight is sooo tough to get off, but a couple slip ups and the pounds pack on like nothin'.

I haven't been getting much sleep lately, only 5-6 hours a night for the past 5 nights now. Too much company lately, just need to decompress a bit! It seems the amount of sleep I get always directly correlates to how my diet goes. If I'm even a bit tired then I'm in a bad mood and lose my motivation and just don't care about eating well or working out. So I'm doing my best to be aware of that today and still make good decisions, even if I don't have the energy to work out later. I wish my kids were still younger and I could make everyone have a nap!
I so agree on the sleep thing....when I don't get enuff sleep I know I eat way worse!!! And forget about exercise!

Sent from my VM670 using DS Forum
Old 11-13-2012, 12:47 PM   #203
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I too find when I am tired I mindless snack more
Old 11-13-2012, 02:31 PM   #204
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac & Cheeses mom View Post
I too find when I am tired I mindless snack more
I do this too. and I'm super hungry. My friend said it's cause my body needs energy, so I want to eat everything when I'm tired.

I had McDonalds for lunch, DD wanted a Happy Meal. I opted for a salad and a McDouble minus the bread. A little more calories than I wanted but not too bad considering it's McD
Old 11-13-2012, 02:42 PM   #205
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by corinne76

I do this too. and I'm super hungry. My friend said it's cause my body needs energy, so I want to eat everything when I'm tired.

I had McDonalds for lunch, DD wanted a Happy Meal. I opted for a salad and a McDouble minus the bread. A little more calories than I wanted but not too bad considering it's McD
We had md's for lunch today too I had a salad and the proceeded to eat the last of the enchilada's in my fridge.

Mental note don't skip the post workout snack it can be bad.

Last edited by Mac & Cheeses mom; 11-13-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Mac & Cheeses mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:01 PM   #206
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

LOL. what do you normally have post workout? I'd love protein filled ideas.

my HRM shipped!
Old 11-13-2012, 03:26 PM   #207
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by corinne76
LOL. what do you normally have post workout? I'd love protein filled ideas.

my HRM shipped!
I'm weird and I eat fruit or a hard boiled egg. If its lunch time I will eat a sliced chicken sandwich with cheese. I also have some hummus I like to eat with veggies.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:32 PM   #208
mms1972
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ugh...DH has a meeting afterwork so no gym for me unless I go after dinner....and I doubt I will go then....I've been running on little sleep too so by them I'm wiped out I told him if not today I am going no matter what tomorrow after work! I only have about 400 calories left of my allotment for dinner...trying to stay about 1450....I'm sure I'll go over that tho...... I'm starving! I haven't ate a lot today...just made bad choices all round unfortunately.

Old 11-13-2012, 03:44 PM   #209
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mms1972
Ugh...DH has a meeting afterwork so no gym for me unless I go after dinner....and I doubt I will go then....I've been running on little sleep too so by them I'm wiped out I told him if not today I am going no matter what tomorrow after work! I only have about 400 calories left of my allotment for dinner...trying to stay about 1450....I'm sure I'll go over that tho...... I'm starving! I haven't ate a lot today...just made bad choices all round unfortunately.

And you can't do something at home?

When I can't get a real work out in. I do 100 jumping jacks, 100 squats, and 100 high knees. These you can do with out weights. I also do Kettlebell swings ( but I have access to one. If you do the. Add 100 of those). You can log it all under calisthenics to get a cal burn. You can add push ups and crunches to that list too. Hope that helps.

I work out from home so all of what I can do is from home. Hope that helps.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:51 PM   #210
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I did a walk at home dvd today since i couldnt run. What got me to do it? I wanted the extra calories so i wouldnt go over