Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-18-2012, 10:54 AM   #341
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
@kimmie. Dang girl I'm jealous!
@MPL. Hugs. I can relate to some of that definitely. We NEVER have date night. Ever. And he does zip of the shopping, even tho it's mostly his family. He will watch the movies but he loves movies and will watch just about anything.

AFM, i was 145 yesterday and today im 146. I guess not too bad considering the massive amount of sodium i consumed yest from eating out 2x

Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 11:52 AM   #342
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l
I forgot to weigh in on Friday. I weighed in at 146.7 today!! I am also in my size 6 jeans!!! I have not been a size six since I was first preggo with my last baby. For the first time in months I am seeing my next goal get closer! I would like to be 143 by the end of November. That was the smallest I have been in 4 years since getting preggo with DS2.
Yay!!!
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:17 PM   #343
MyPerfectLife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmofthree

I'm definitely a lucky girl, and need to remember that more often I think. Dh is usually the one begging me to find a sitter so we can have date night, and we always do xmas shopping together every single year. Plus Costco is like a toy store of us . And dh doesn't like Twilight as much as I do, but he did enjoy the movies so he's willing to go for me. I'm super excited for next weekend!!!

Why not just surprise your dh? Find a sitter, don't tell him any plans, just tell him to get ready because you have a sitter on the way and you guys are heading out. Maybe not drag him to Twilight though if it's not his thing as he'll never agree to go out again . I find that you forget how fun it is to do things alone together. In my relationship usually I'm the one dragging my feet about going out for a date, but once we're out at dinner and a movie I'm always happy that we went and wishing we did it more often.

:
I know this is OT, I just have to complain one more time... I've tried just finding the sitter (even my mom so it's free). He ends up mad that I expect him to spend his hard earned money on something so frivolous. Honestly, I'm in school and I know when I'm done I'll be making more money than him... But we'll still have the same fights. Our priorities are different... He's a penny pinching saver and I'm a spender. I worry about the lasting power once I get my own paycheck

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DS Forum
Abby, SAHM mom to Maddy (10), Benny (7), Annie (3.5),and Joshy (1). Wife to my traveling hub for 11 years! Almost FT student (2nd time around). My life is not perfect, but I keep telling myself if I say it enough I will believe it!
MyPerfectLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:08 PM   #344
mamatoclaire
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: The 25lb Challenge November thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l View Post
I forgot to weigh in on Friday. I weighed in at 146.7 today!! I am also in my size 6 jeans!!! I have not been a size six since I was first preggo with my last baby. For the first time in months I am seeing my next goal get closer! I would like to be 143 by the end of November. That was the smallest I have been in 4 years since getting preggo with DS2.
Congrats, that's awesome! I admit I am jealous. I'd love to get down to 135, but I was a size 8 then. Don't think I'll ever be a size 6 again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmofthree View Post
As for me, I weighed in again this morning since I'm a compulsive weigh-in-er, and I'm down to 166.8!! I was 169.4 on weigh-in day, 168.2 yesterday and now 166.8. CRAZY! I've been having an awesome past week though, and eating super healthy and yesterday was a perfect day. I had scrambled eggs with mushrooms and shredded cheese for B, then a Shakeology smoothie with milk and frozen raspberries for L, then some fish and cucumbers for late afternoon Snack, then Baked chicken with tomatoes/herbs/cheese and a huge salad for D. And I worked out yesterday too. Super proud of myself!

Now if only I could bottle this feeling I have when I'm doing well and on track, so I could remind myself when temptation is staring me in the face and I'm having a down day!
Great job! I know how exactly how you feel. I'll get on a roll and feel great, thinking this is so easy! And then out of nowhere have a crappy day and crave all the junk I shouldn't eat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mms1972 View Post
I am bummed... scale said 172 this am . .yesterday it was 169.8 so I was finally believing maybe i was out of the 170s and I gained over 2 lbs in a day!! I did do crappy yesterday but not that bad! I really have to stop getting on the scale daily

Sent from my VM670 using DS Forum
I've started compulsive weighing too...it is bad! Great when it's going down, but super discouraging when it goes up. I need to be good and only weigh once a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPerfectLife View Post
I know this is OT, I just have to complain one more time... I've tried just finding the sitter (even my mom so it's free). He ends up mad that I expect him to spend his hard earned money on something so frivolous. Honestly, I'm in school and I know when I'm done I'll be making more money than him... But we'll still have the same fights. Our priorities are different... He's a penny pinching saver and I'm a spender. I worry about the lasting power once I get my own paycheck

Sorry you're struggling mama Is there anything he would be willing to spend on? DH and I are similar - he's a penny pincher and I'm a spender. I've always thought it would be fun to get all dressed up and go to a super fancy dinner, but that's never happened in 5 years and I doubt it ever will. BUT he is more than happy to go out and get Taco Bell or Wendy's and see a movie at the cheap theater. And I just love going out just the two of us. It's definitely important. If you haven't already, try to talk to him about needing to take time for the two of you. With a little creativity, there's plenty to do for cheap or free. mama, I hope you can find some common ground.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:04 PM   #345
Numommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
[

What brand jeans is everyone talking about. I'm in a 6 in Tommy H (OLD jeans) and an 8 in Gap.
Numommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:35 PM   #346
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPerfectLife

I married a penny pincher too and I really get it. We hardly if ever go out on a date. One first date in over 2y is next weekend and that's because the girls will be with his parents decorating the tree (they take all the grandkids every year). I am very excited for it.

Our biggest fights have been over money an money stresses us out. You two will figure it out. This year since we never get date nights I'm giving him a date a month in (movie and dinner after the kids are in bed) maybe start there.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:06 PM   #347
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: The 25lb Challenge November thread

me and DH are the opposite. I like to save, he's a huge spender.

So DH bought McDonald's again today. I am swearing off fast food for December and hopefully January. The sodium seems to give me headaches. I can't do away with all take out, but fast food like McD and BK, I can do that.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:35 PM   #348
munchkinflame13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Wow I'm 136 and in size 10. I wish I was in 6 or even 8. Hopefully soon.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:46 PM   #349
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchkinflame13
Wow I'm 136 and in size 10. I wish I was in 6 or even 8. Hopefully soon.
Wow. Body shapes and sizes are so different. Im 147 now and wear a size 6 bottom, medium top. Im short too, only 5'2" so its not like my weight comes from being tall
Old 11-18-2012, 07:56 PM   #350
munchkinflame13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by corinne76

Wow. Body shapes and sizes are so different. Im 147 now and wear a size 6 bottom, medium top. Im short too, only 5'2" so its not like my weight comes from being tall
Wow I'm 5'0 so mine isn't from being tall either.