Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2012, 10:06 AM   #401
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 9,272
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numommy

I know the feeling. I am all or nothing w bread and sugars. I've been low no carb since we started and I had my first apple yesterday. (I've cheated a little but this was the first thought out thing) I was really worried I would attack bread. I think it's a very personal thing on how someone tolerates carbs.
For me, a 2 week flu happens and then I'm good. Now I'm trying for 30-40 carbs per day. Why? Because paleomom says it may be why my wt loss has stalled.
Kindles have this cool text to speech that reads the book to you. Wheat Belly, Paleo Solution and South Beach are all great at nailing down a persons optimal carb mix.
Idk... I can't eat them and not feel like crap, so I take the good w the bad.
Low carb may not be your answer. I took wheat out first and it helped some but th 2w carb flu just sucks either way.
What's the 2 week carb flu? I have soe googling to do.
I have been debating nixing the lowcarb thing. It sucks because it does help me lose weight quickly. But i always get run down and dh says im happier when i eat what i want lol. I was thinking of eating more clean, whole grains, fruit. I dont think i can do bread. I'm not sure what to do about sugar. I need to find a substitute thats not chemical laden but also doesnt break me out. I do know that too much white sugar makes me break out. Havent tried honey yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchkinflame13
Fell on my face running yesterday. It sucked. Badly. Now my knees all scraped up, but not as swollen as it was yesterday. It sucked so bad. But mostly my fault. I took my kids to the soccer park so they could play while my mom and I ran the perimeter (its fenced) and instead of playing, they screamed because I wouldn't hold their hands and walk. Last time I try to do C25k with them. Hope I can walk a few miles holding their hands today then be up to working out at the Y again tomorrow.

Back down to 136.8 today. Pushing the water and not cheating until dinner then pushing the water after, too.
Yikes. I hope you're ok. Im a complete clutz so i know the feeling.

Advertisement

__________________
Wife to DH and mommy to DD (12/07) and DS (2/11)
corinne76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:06 AM   #402
Mac & Cheeses mom's Avatar
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nj
Posts: 6,289
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchkinflame13
Fell on my face running yesterday. It sucked. Badly. Now my knees all scraped up, but not as swollen as it was yesterday. It sucked so bad. But mostly my fault. I took my kids to the soccer park so they could play while my mom and I ran the perimeter (its fenced) and instead of playing, they screamed because I wouldn't hold their hands and walk. Last time I try to do C25k with them. Hope I can walk a few miles holding their hands today then be up to working out at the Y again tomorrow.

Back down to 136.8 today. Pushing the water and not cheating until dinner then pushing the water after, too.
Oh man I hope your ok. Wow. I know how running with kids goes YDD doesn't let me go by myself either.

I'm going to try and be good just got back from running c25k w1d3 while YDD was napping.

Hope you all have a great day.
__________________
Mom to Breille (cheese) 9-14-00 & Mackenzie (Mac) 12-31-10
I do know how to spell, my smartphone does not.
Mac & Cheeses mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:22 AM   #403
Numommy
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: waters edge
Posts: 2,906
My Mood:
I'm at work and really need a desktop to describe the low carb flu. I guess in a nut shell: your body is used to running off of glucose. You eat carbs your body uses it for fuel. You take carbs out and it has to adjust. You feel like crap in meantime.

You could nix gluten and not try to replace it w gluten free breads and etc. if it usually has gluten, skip it. That would get rid of most of your carbs and processed foods leaving u with nutrient dense options. Aim for 50-75 carbs a day.

For me the flu sucks but is essential in getting my hunger under control. No more blood sugar spike and crap feeling later.

As far as sugar, stevia has been shown to improve blood sugar control in diabetics and xylitol is actually good for your teeth wo effect on blood sugars. Xylitol us dangerous to dogs so if u have animals u have to be careful w them sneaking some.

My husband said the same thing. But when I weighed in at 170. BP 150/98. And going to see a rheumatologist he went on it w me.

I really am beginning to think this thread and Paleo saved my life.

I jay checked my BP this am 123/70 . Weight 146.6. I keep loosing and gaining the same 5 pounds

Low carb is not te cure all for weveryone. I've been on every.single diet. Thy all work. It's finding one you can stick with.
Numommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:43 AM   #404
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 9,272
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numommy
I'm at work and really need a desktop to describe the low carb flu. I guess in a nut shell: your body is used to running off of glucose. You eat carbs your body uses it for fuel. You take carbs out and it has to adjust. You feel like crap in meantime.

You could nix gluten and not try to replace it w gluten free breads and etc. if it usually has gluten, skip it. That would get rid of most of your carbs and processed foods leaving u with nutrient dense options. Aim for 50-75 carbs a day.

For me the flu sucks but is essential in getting my hunger under control. No more blood sugar spike and crap feeling later.

As far as sugar, stevia has been shown to improve blood sugar control in diabetics and xylitol is actually good for your teeth wo effect on blood sugars. Xylitol us dangerous to dogs so if u have animals u have to be careful w them sneaking some.

My husband said the same thing. But when I weighed in at 170. BP 150/98. And going to see a rheumatologist he went on it w me.

I really am beginning to think this thread and Paleo saved my life.

I jay checked my BP this am 123/70 . Weight 146.6. I keep loosing and gaining the same 5 pounds

Low carb is not te cure all for weveryone. I've been on every.single diet. Thy all work. It's finding one you can stick with.
Thank you! It's very true about finding something you can stick to. I guess i have had success on no carb but haven't been able to sustain it.
__________________
Wife to DH and mommy to DD (12/07) and DS (2/11)
corinne76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:33 PM   #405
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 9,272
My Mood:
Re: The 25lb Challenge November thread

I made a breakfast burrito using a wheat wrap for breakfast and I felt sick after. I also was making spinach rolls using the wheat and had to poop after. IDK what it is but it seems to happen after I eat wheat. I know after I eat whole wheat/grain bread My stomach hurts and I have like diarrhea (sorry TMI I know). But not stuff with white flour like pizza. Any ideas why? I want to figure this out
__________________
Wife to DH and mommy to DD (12/07) and DS (2/11)
corinne76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:37 PM   #406
Mac & Cheeses mom's Avatar
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nj
Posts: 6,289
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by corinne76
I made a breakfast burrito using a wheat wrap for breakfast and I felt sick after. I also was making spinach rolls using the wheat and had to poop after. IDK what it is but it seems to happen after I eat wheat. I know after I eat whole wheat/grain bread My stomach hurts and I have like diarrhea (sorry TMI I know). But not stuff with white flour like pizza. Any ideas why? I want to figure this out
I had the same thing. I can eat wheat but it can't be whole wheat. It had to be bleached. It's an intolerance but the bleaching does something to aloe you to tolerate it.
__________________
Mom to Breille (cheese) 9-14-00 & Mackenzie (Mac) 12-31-10
I do know how to spell, my smartphone does not.

Last edited by Mac & Cheeses mom; 11-22-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Mac & Cheeses mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:27 PM   #407
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 9,272
My Mood:
Re: The 25lb Challenge November thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac & Cheeses mom View Post
I had the same thing. I can eat wheat but it can't be whole wheat. It had to be bleached. It's an intolerance but the bleaching does something to aloe you to tolerate it.
really? I had suspected something like, crap, what's it called? where you gut gets all messed with gluten? I'm brain farting today.
but since I fine with other bread products I could never figure it out

So do you just avoid all wheat altogether
__________________
Wife to DH and mommy to DD (12/07) and DS (2/11)
corinne76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:38 PM   #408
Mac & Cheeses mom's Avatar
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nj
Posts: 6,289
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by corinne76

really? I had suspected something like, crap, what's it called? where you gut gets all messed with gluten? I'm brain farting today.
but since I fine with other bread products I could never figure it out

So do you just avoid all wheat altogether
Nope I avoid whole wheat only. It's not celiac's persa but similar
__________________
Mom to Breille (cheese) 9-14-00 & Mackenzie (Mac) 12-31-10
I do know how to spell, my smartphone does not.
Mac & Cheeses mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:16 PM   #409
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 9,272
My Mood:
Thank you. Thats what it is! Thanks for answering. I would never have figured the processing would be what makes me tolerate some bread but not wheat
__________________
Wife to DH and mommy to DD (12/07) and DS (2/11)
corinne76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:48 PM   #410
Mac & Cheeses mom's Avatar
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nj
Posts: 6,289
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by corinne76
Thank you. Thats what it is! Thanks for answering. I would never have figured the processing would be what makes me tolerate some bread but not wheat
I have the same issue I can have pitas and tortillas and others like white bread but anything while wheat makes me sick (like nauseas and tired).
__________________
Mom to Breille (cheese) 9-14-00 & Mackenzie (Mac) 12-31-10
I do know how to spell, my smartphone does not.
Mac & Cheeses mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.