Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-25-2012, 08:16 PM   #1
momof_3

Formerly: momof_2girls
seller
seller

My Mood:
Potty training boy need help!

My son is 21 months old and we are trying to potty train. I'm lost! I have two girls and I potty trained them but my boy it's more difficult. He doesnt want to wear a diaper, training pants or big boy underwear. I let both my girls go naked during potty training but we have moved since and now my home is all tile. Yesterday he peed then ran away and slipped and hurt his bottom. So what do I do now? How can I get him to wear something so that it isn't dangerous but still helps him learn?

Anyone else deal with something similar?

Thanks!

Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 09:13 PM   #2
made4this
Active Contributor
Formerly: boyfarm3
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Potty training boy need help!

Oh, wow, mama! I just replied to your other thread on this. I recommend undies and pants, no socks
made4this is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:19 PM   #3
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

you try popcorn or other target practice in potty for him? I saw on the doctors on this a while back.yea I would say no socks, and try to get something on maybe I heard a friend say though they just let go free. I will have this too as I am expecting a boy after 2 girls.... boys take longer the d ocs said.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:35 PM   #4
made4this
Active Contributor
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by abunchoflemons View Post
you try popcorn or other target practice in potty for him? I saw on the doctors on this a while back.yea I would say no socks, and try to get something on maybe I heard a friend say though they just let go free. I will have this too as I am expecting a boy after 2 girls.... boys take longer the d ocs said.
Mom of 3 boys (soon to be 4) here. No experience with girls, but FWIW my older 2 were more motivated to pee standing up by watching dad (it only took a couple of times) and brothers pee than anything else I tried. We practice EC with the youngest and I think having a penis lends itself well to that, because of the convenience factor. We made a TON of progress one weekend we were camping in the rain; I just kept taking him to pee in the puddles. So now he knows what to do at the potty. It is entirely possible that girls are easier to potty train, but I am a big believer that a "boy" paradigm is your friend on stuff like this.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:47 PM   #5
momof_3

Formerly: momof_2girls
seller
seller

My Mood:
I was thinking about having my dh show him standing and maybe that would be more enjoyable for him while learning. Practicing his aim using objects to pee on and such.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:49 PM   #6
made4this
Active Contributor
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof_3 View Post
I was thinking about having my dh show him standing and maybe that would be more enjoyable for him while learning. Practicing his aim using objects to pee on and such.
Truly. One of the perks of being a boy