Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-03-2012, 08:59 PM   #31
Scarlett's mommy
Registered Users

Ok so I really wish I had taken a before picture but my teeth look whiter and my skin actually looks better. I usually have a very ruddy skin tone and it is starting to look more even and my dark circles are getting lighter. I am amazed at this. I'm going to take a picture in the morning and then in about a week or so to see if there is any difference or if its all in my mind lol.

Advertisement

Old 11-03-2012, 09:25 PM   #32
rosefall
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: oil pulling

I actually managed to try this this morning. I tried with evoo first and that was an instant gag and spit. The article I found recommended trying sesame or sunflower oil for 20 min, so I warmed some sesame to close to body temperature and tried that - much better. Nothing noticeable in one try, but it was kind of relaxing.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:29 PM   #33
Scarlett's mommy
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosefall
I actually managed to try this this morning. I tried with evoo first and that was an instant gag and spit. The article I found recommended trying sesame or sunflower oil for 20 min, so I warmed some sesame to close to body temperature and tried that - much better. Nothing noticeable in one try, but it was kind of relaxing.
All I had in the house was evoo lol it does leave a funky aftertaste and I thought it would make me gag luckily it didnt I agree that its a little relaxing to have that time where I don't have to talk to anyone.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:34 PM   #34
armywife2002
Registered Users
seller
seller

oooh, i have some good coconut oil, and some not so good teeth, lol. im gonna try this!!

Want to earn gift cards searching the net? Click HERE to join Swagbucks!
armywife2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:07 PM   #35
Scarlett's mommy
Registered Users

Ok sunflower oil tastes amazing compared to evoo!!!!! I got a bottle of unrefined cold pressed at walmart for less than $4 so I'm going to use it before I think of spending a ton on coconut oil.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:30 PM   #36
dressagemom
Registered Users
seller

I've been oil-pulling with sesame oil for about 6 months. I thought I would have trouble with 1) keeping the oil in my mouth for 20 minutes, 2) my mouth muscles tiring, and 3) the children wanting my attention during that time. However, I have found that I can get up a few minutes early (I'm up at the crack of dawn anyway), do my oil pulling, and then brush my teeth before anyone is up to bother me. I have also found that doing a sal****er rinse is very soothing after spitting out the oil.

I have a couple of teeth that bother me a lot, and I have found that my gum tissue around those teeth is much healthier and less irritated with oil-pulling. Also, I find that my teeth just generally feel cleaner and less fuzzy. I know that is anecdotal, but that is my experience.
dressagemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:37 PM   #37
risata
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dressagemom View Post
I've been oil-pulling with sesame oil for about 6 months. I thought I would have trouble with 1) keeping the oil in my mouth for 20 minutes, 2) my mouth muscles tiring, and 3) the children wanting my attention during that time. However, I have found that I can get up a few minutes early (I'm up at the crack of dawn anyway), do my oil pulling, and then brush my teeth before anyone is up to bother me. I have also found that doing a sal****er rinse is very soothing after spitting out the oil.

I have a couple of teeth that bother me a lot, and I have found that my gum tissue around those teeth is much healthier and less irritated with oil-pulling. Also, I find that my teeth just generally feel cleaner and less fuzzy. I know that is anecdotal, but that is my experience.
Ok, first of all, I am fascinated by this oil pulling. I might have to get some sunflower oil and try it.

Secondly, it took me a few minutes to figure out what the asterisked word was. bahahahaha
Old 11-05-2012, 12:09 AM   #38
apboyles
Registered Users

My Mood:

I want to try this. Sounds like it could help with some of my teeth.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:23 AM   #39
Scarlett's mommy
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dressagemom

I also rinse with salt water then brush quickly with baking soda. I have the no fuzzy feeling too. Have you noticed any other benifits from doint it that long or just with your oral health.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:35 AM   #40
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

I think I'm going to try this too. First thing in the morning, before doing the oil pulling, get a tongue scraper and scrap you tongue. When you see what you scrap off your tongue in the morning, you'll always want to do it. It helps with your breath and with morning sickness a bit too. Indians believe it's undigested bile and stuff and is bad for you to swallow. It'll make your mouth a little bit cleaner for the oil to draw all the toxins out more.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote