Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-03-2012, 01:02 PM   #11
MamaBarton
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: best detergent for cloth diapers...

unfortunately conventional anything isnt an option for us. conventional products (including food and cleaners) land me in the hospital every few months due to health issues so its really not worth it! lol so now I just have to find an organic one that works! I am hoping that a non free and clear one will work!

Advertisement

MamaBarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:03 PM   #12
Done at 3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I use a bit of bac- out in my first cold soak/rinse. I wash with Nellie's laundry soda and sometimes a capful of ecover if my diapers are feeling rougher. I've never had any issues and have been using Nellies on all of our laundry for quite a while now.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:28 PM   #13
Edensmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

What about Tiny Bubbles or Rockin Green detergents? I've never used them personally but they might be worth a shot. I have used Planet detergent but it didn't seem to get the diapers clean enough.
Edensmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:21 PM   #14
Teexie
Registered Users
seller

Charlies didn't work for us, even with the easier to clean EBF diapers. I hadn't tried bleach back then, though, so I don't know if that would have helped.
I use Tide (regular stuff) liquid and have never had an issue since we started using it.
Teexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:57 PM   #15
Mamabird11
Registered Users

We use All Free and clear and it has been working great for us! Every few washes I squirt a little bit of Bio Kleen in with the ALL to keep them smelling fresh.
Mamabird11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:16 PM   #16
247mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I really think it more matters if you have hard water or not...the natural detergents (or any detergent for that matter) work great w/ soft water, but if you have really hard water, you will possibly have stink issues unless you go w/ a name brand. We have great results (w/ incredibly hard water) using Tide Original Powder. I rinse the diapers well and have no rash issues and I also use RLR laundry treatment if they start to get a tiny bit stinky and it vanishes away. That said, if I had soft water I love Soap Nuts and would really recommend them if you have soft water. They clean so well and are absolutely natural!
247mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:39 AM   #17
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

We've had tremendous success with Country Save. It felt too crunchy at first but when I couldn't find anything else once, I tried it and wow!

I've used it in hard and soft water. We had Tide in the house too but it never cleaned as well. I also find that when I get FSOT diapers from a tide household, washing in CS reveals there was stinky build up hidden inside. Cs also removes those stains, in one wash, that the seller said I'd have to sun out.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:11 AM   #18
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am a mainstream detergent user, but have tried using EcoSprout a few times on my clothes and diapers and all came out amazingly clean.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:10 PM   #19
kfair23
Registered Users
seller

I use soap nuts and love them! I used to use Bio-green unscented at 1/4 of the recommended dose.
kfair23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #20
Happy Mommax4
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We have really hard water and I love Charlie's and country save, I just use a lot! We also do some bleach every once n awhile and borax w a poopie dipe, one wash in cold w no detergent then a hot wash w at least double the rec amount-line dry or dryer in the winter, no issues.