Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-06-2012, 06:49 AM   #11
Kristi26
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: NOVEMBER 2012 CHAT THREAD

There's a whole lot of drama going on around here but none of it looking as though it will lead to an adoption for us.

BM for Gwen (who was stillborn in December) is pregnant again, 33 weeks today. She still is under the impression that she will be keeping the baby though she and her baby's dad AND her whole family (5 total, not counting the baby) are all living in one tiny motel room right now. Her baby's dad actually ASKED DH if we'd be their "backup plan" if the state wanted to take the baby. He said no. And honestly, I don't know if I'd want to go along with it either...praying that God won't ask us to get involved with that anymore than we already are...seems to me she'd be better off with a family that isn't so connected. It would give the baby a better chance...

I've also been taking another BM to dr appts. She's a teenager and quite sure she's also keeping her baby. I think, based on my experience with her thus far, that it would be very hard for her to give him up. I am not convinced she could do it, though it would probably be better for him in the end. His dad is into some not so good things (think illegal and has been in jail recently) and his mom is 16, still a freshman in high school...she's on a tough path. I'm praying that the right things happen here, I just don't really know what the right things ARE.

I'm really struggling with the waiting. I want another baby right now. But at the same time, I am so very overwhelmed with all that is going on in our life right now that NOW would probably be bad timing. Thankfully, I know God knows what he is doing and what is best for me so I am praying for HIS timing and that HE will change my husband's heart in this. DD (6, almost 7) has been crying about a little sister again which doesn't make things easier and Gwen's birthday is fast approaching...I really prayed hard last year that we would have another baby filling our arms at that time and it's not looking good for that...I may have to just deal with the day some other way. I am so thankful for the babies I already have...I just don't feel done yet.

Advertisement

-Kristi,wife(5/02), , HSing, CDing,SAHM to Andrew(1/00), Lukas(2/03),Lily (1/06),and Ian (5/09) !Sweet Gwen, stillborn, 12/26/11, angel baby 7/08 Free History plans and more here: http://themommywriter.blogspot.com/
Kristi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:55 PM   #12
Kristi26
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well Gwen's BM is repeating history. She is getting ready to go into DKA and in the hospital. The baby is in distress and will likely be delivered tonight if that is true. She is only 33.5 weeks right now. Just pray...
-Kristi,wife(5/02), , HSing, CDing,SAHM to Andrew(1/00), Lukas(2/03),Lily (1/06),and Ian (5/09) !Sweet Gwen, stillborn, 12/26/11, angel baby 7/08 Free History plans and more here: http://themommywriter.blogspot.com/
Old 11-09-2012, 08:43 AM   #13
FindingMercy
Registered Users
Formerly: Evie'sMama
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi26 View Post
Well Gwen's BM is repeating history. She is getting ready to go into DKA and in the hospital. The baby is in distress and will likely be delivered tonight if that is true. She is only 33.5 weeks right now. Just pray...

I blog about our family, trans-racial adoption, gluten-free cooking, and crafting

FindingMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:29 PM   #14
Kristi26
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The baby was born alive on Thursday but in distress and declared "critically ill" by the dr. He was air-lifted to a hospital with a better nicu for better care. He is now off the respirator and doing better. They said any longer and he would have died too.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:33 PM   #15
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

oh my goodness Kristi
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:12 PM   #16
millermyer2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi26
They said any longer and he would have died too.
Did mom die? It sounds like it with they way you said too!
Old 11-10-2012, 06:18 PM   #17
millermyer2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Things have been crazy busy with us. Our house is on the market and baby N has been battling ear infections. We have has him 2 months and he has been on 3 antibiotics and failed 3 hearing tests. We have had well visits, ENT appt, speech evaluations and WIC appt. I knew there would be a lot of appointments but man I have been busy! Having ds 3, 2 and 9 month old in the house make it tons of fun!
Old 11-10-2012, 09:22 PM   #18
WynneBabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yikes! Poor baby.

To the PP, I think she meant "he would have died too" in reference to the baby the mom had a year ago that the OP was supposed to adopt but baby was stillborn.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:37 PM   #19
Kristi26
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by millermyer2 View Post
Did mom die? It sounds like it with they way you said too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WynneBabies View Post
Yikes! Poor baby.

To the PP, I think she meant "he would have died too" in reference to the baby the mom had a year ago that the OP was supposed to adopt but baby was stillborn.
I said "too" because Gwen DID die less than a year ago. Mom didn't die. DH and I are going to visit him later today...
Old 11-11-2012, 12:50 PM   #20
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msheidiann View Post
The state "acknowledged" or accepted all the paperwork for Thomas today!!! All parental rights and appeal periods are over and we are signing our official adoptive placement on Wednesday and finalizing on the 29th!!!! YAHOOOOO
like finalizing as in finalizing your ADOPTION?!?! YAYAYAY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi26 View Post
what does DKA mean? i'm so sorry you are going through this right now! i can't imagine how heartbreaking it is. i can't imagine the audacity of BD to ask for you to be the "back up plan". wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by millermyer2 View Post
Things have been crazy busy with us. Our house is on the market and baby N has been battling ear infections. We have has him 2 months and he has been on 3 antibiotics and failed 3 hearing tests. We have had well visits, ENT appt, speech evaluations and WIC appt. I knew there would be a lot of appointments but man I have been busy! Having ds 3, 2 and 9 month old in the house make it tons of fun!
so are they thinking the hearing loss is profound? permanent? i'm very interested as the deaf community is dear to my heart! i know how crazy all those appointments can be. are you bringing all the kids to all of them? yikes!

heres an update on us! I don't know who all read my hijack of that other thread but i have been dealing with daily headaches for the past few months and dfs J has been a handful to say the least! i am thankful that my headaches are a little more under control, they are still here daily but on a pain scale they are only 1-3 when it was getting up to 7-8 and with J's screeching behavior i think i was losing my mind! this is a vast improvement. i am learning J's triggers, why he cries and why he screeches and how to help him stay calm. honestly i think that knowing that he is going to continue to get fed is a comfort to him, and he is learning that we aren't going to leave him in his crib in the dark forever. he still drives me bonkers but i do love this little guy and we are making progress with other behaviors! for instance he hasn't bit my dd or pulled her hair in a very long time, i thought for sure she was going to be bald soon because if she ever got close enough he would pull it out by the fist fulls!

i just got some news that they are moving towards RU and starting home visits next week. and if you can believe it i was kind of bummed! what the heck?! that was the last response i expected from myself! i am getting used to him and of course i have a great deal of affection for him and i know i will miss him when he is gone, i was just SO surprised to hear that they are moving forward with RU. i'm so glad though, i really am! i guess this is the emotional roller coaster that is foster care!